Dolphins search for starting quarterback continues

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

With training camp still about seven weeks away, the Dolphins are no closer to naming a starting quarterback.
Comments
1 - 20 of 293 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2008
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Big Red

Ocala, FL

#1 Jun 6, 2008
McCown has 6582 yards passing in his career.
Big Red

Ocala, FL

#2 Jun 6, 2008
The article says:

but McCown has something neither of them can offer: six years of NFL experience. He has thrown for over 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns in 46 games with the Cardinals and Raiders.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/5967/care...
nomuzlimprez

United States

#3 Jun 6, 2008
nothing but good news all the way around.

yeah, its early, there playing against nobody's, but the thing you like to hear is "he has impressed the coaches",
"he didnt get rattled and we expected him to", "he is mnetally tough", the improvement for both has been noticeable".

and thats something we never heard much about our qb's in recent times.

thats all you can ask for, expecially at this point in the off season that they continue to PROGRESS.
Mark

AOL

#4 Jun 6, 2008
Clearly, they should've drafted Brady Quinn.
Mark

AOL

#5 Jun 6, 2008
What a sorry trio....lame excuses for NFL QB's.
Mark

AOL

#6 Jun 6, 2008
Beck is pure garbage and heck, lowly Oakland had zero interest in McClown...
TexasRaider

Dallas, TX

#7 Jun 6, 2008
Mark wrote:
That would've been better for both Miami and Quinn. Ever since Cleveland discovered a man named Derek Anderson, a lot of people have fogotten about Quinn.
Dolphiaddict

Cape Coral, FL

#8 Jun 6, 2008
Preseson wil be the time the starter is knighted.
Victor

AOL

#11 Jun 6, 2008
Its not a good sign when a team has no clue who the starting QB will be.....LMAO!

Since: Mar 08

Lompoc, CA

#12 Jun 6, 2008
Mark wrote:
Well, they didn't, so there's no use dwelling on it. I still think, with his hard work, John Beck can still contribute more here in Miami than Brady Quinn will in CLeveland. Either way, I'm looking forward to training camp and seeing who emerges as the starter. I think, being a rookie, Henne will have the steepest hill to climb to get the starting job in September. Hopefully he'll work as hard as Beck to try and keep up and may the best player win.
hertzer

Easton, PA

#13 Jun 6, 2008
looks to me like beck is the front man for the job, listening to the qb coach. by the way victor, this team went 1-15 last year of course they don't know who the qb is.
JASON TAYLOR

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#14 Jun 6, 2008
WHY IS BILL SAYING HI TO BECK, HENNE AND MCCOWN AND NOT ME? WHATS WRONG WITH ME? THATS IT!!! SAY HI TO ME OR I QUIT!!! WHY WONT ANYONE SAY HI TO ME?
hertzer

Easton, PA

#15 Jun 6, 2008
thats funny sh@#.
Joe Namath

United States

#16 Jun 6, 2008
Actually guys, I'm interested in the job.....I live in Jupiter and I don't have bad knees anymore since I've had them replaced. My arm is still good too. You don't even have to pay me a penny, I have plenty of money. What I can't get enough of is the beaver....tell you what. Give me my choice of any three Dolphin cheerleaders the night before a game and you'll get yourselves one hell of a horny..er..hungry quarterback.....I GUARANTEE it....

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#17 Jun 6, 2008
Mark wrote:
Its been over a year Rog, get over it. Quinn better hope Anderson gets hurt or he will be sitting on the bench again all season. Why arent any of those teams that were hurting for a QB trying to cut a deal to get him? Why did every other team in the first round last year pass on him also? Beck will shine, while Quinn rides the pine...GO PHINS!!!
Bugsy

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jun 6, 2008
Mark wrote:
Beck is pure garbage and heck, lowly Oakland had zero interest in McClown...
Mark your an a-hole who doesn't know jack; good thing Quinn isn't here, he'll be out of the NFL soon.
Jon

Bristol, VA

#19 Jun 6, 2008
Mark wrote:
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
That would've been better for both Miami and Quinn.
Actually, that would have been better for Cleveland.
Fran Tarkenton

United States

#20 Jun 6, 2008
Even I'M better than Brady Quinn at this point.......
Igotit

Miami, FL

#21 Jun 6, 2008
Victor wrote:
Its not a good sign when a team has no clue who the starting QB will be.....LMAO!
Like the jets green bay chicago philley Tampa atlanta and many more. Let It go Roger. The fake spike it still kills you,
Arnie

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Jun 6, 2008
Well written. A+

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... Aug 21 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 Jul '14 Ponder It 2
Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? Apr '14 Tresturd 2
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... Mar '14 Steven 1
Buccaneers land QB McCown Mar '14 McClown the Pirate 13
Chicago Bears Rumors: Brandon Weeden Would be P... Mar '14 Rumorfarts 4
Josh Freeman has interest from Oakland Raiders Mar '14 Freddy 11
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000