The pride of Lane Kiffin, 2007 edition

Dec 26, 2007 Full story: NFL News

“I'm proud of each and every one of you.”

Four days from now, the Oakland Raiders' Lane Kiffin will be giving his final pre-game talk of 2007. via NFL News

Read more
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

#1 Dec 26, 2007
I think this season was a little succesful because we had a two game improvement and we stayed close in most games! Also we were respectable and not a laughing stock like last year! but i am still dissapointed in the last 5 years!
featherman

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Dec 26, 2007
i agree. and with a somewhat young team and another high draft pick we should do nothing but get better. the only way we could screw up is to get rid of lane kiffin. you can't do what the 49ers did after they drafted alex smith when they constantly changed coaches. you have to let the players settle into a system

“Raiders, Warriors and A's”

Since: Aug 07

San Jose

#3 Dec 28, 2007
Before training camp and this season, Kiffin had little to evaluate players...who to cut, who has potential, and who's penalty prone. That meant that the present players had to prove themselves during this season. There will be comprehensive changes based on the knowledge of the present squad, and corresponding acquisitions and draft picks to fill the holes. When a team changes coaching every year, it nixes the 2nd and 3rd year improvements. It's always starting on square one, unless the team doesn't need serious rebuilding. Gruden did a good job of building a team. Turner didn't. I think Kiffin can do it.
TexasRaider

United States

#4 Dec 28, 2007
The difference between When Gruden took over and when Kiffin took over is that Gruden had guys like Tim Brown, Barret Robbins, and Steve Wisnewski that knew how to win and brought in others like Jerry Rice and Rod Woodson.

Vets to go for cap space: Barry Sims, Warren Sapp, and Lamont Jordan

Resign: Tommy Kelly, Justin Fargas, Nnamdi Asomugha, Chris Clemmons and Chris Carr.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Westfield standouts shine on Sunday (Sep '14) Sep '14 BulldogsBullchit 3
News Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News NFL Preview - St. Louis (Sep '14) Sep '14 In Lovie with losing 1
News Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 (Jun '14) Jul '14 Ponder It 2
News Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tresturd 2
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
More from around the web