Chad Pennington's passing gets rave r...

Chad Pennington's passing gets rave reviews

There are 88 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 11, 2008, titled Chad Pennington's passing gets rave reviews. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Suddenly, footballs were hitting receivers in their hands instead of bouncing off the field turf of the indoor practice bubble as they have been all training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
go fish

United States

#1 Aug 11, 2008
Chad is a leader, everyone knows that, he might not have the strongest arm, but he is acurate, gets rid of the ball at the right time, and knows when the pocket is starting to fall apart, he has instincts that you cannot teach someone. Henne also displayed that Saturday. This guy is someone that will put in the time watching tape and preparing. He got a raw deal in NY and KNOWS he will get a fair shot here, welcome Chad, keep up the good work, see you on Sundays with a smile on my face. We haven't had a quality quarterback like this since Marino. I am not saying he is Marino, or in his caliber, but he is a proven starter in this league. A very exciting day for Dolphin fans, we finally have a chance to win games!!!!
hjp

Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

#2 Aug 11, 2008
Right on!
Surfin Beagle

Chandler, AZ

#4 Aug 11, 2008
Ilike this move, I also liked what i sw with Henne. I got bad vibes from Mich fans who didn't think he was any good. But I did like the arm, and he hit a few as usual that were dropped, not poorly thrown. WE have a QB future here now. Now lets focus on some pass pressure.
Surfin Beagle

Chandler, AZ

#5 Aug 11, 2008
PS, can't wait for the opener. I know we should loose according to the experts, but I really dont care for fair weather liars. Brett "Packer for life" Farve can get a taste of the AFC East. Which used to be a really tought divission, and soon will be again. Bills, Jets, Pats are contenders, Fins are on the rise. Best franchise ever, check the stats, we will be back soon.
Matthew

Aransas Pass, TX

#6 Aug 11, 2008
Wouldn't it be sweet of Favre finally showed his age, and CP had a great year in Miami?

Even if we only win 5 or 6 games, if the Jets win 4 of 5 and we're looking good for the future (Henne), it would be well worth it.
scottfinfan

United States

#7 Aug 12, 2008
I did not like Derek Hagan's comments about the team "waiting" on a QB to show leadership. Yes, it is probably the truth, but not really a good teamate type of thing to say in the media. That's like a fin's QB saying the recivers are finally not dropping the ball. That said, it looks like old Chad just might be a good fit for the fins. Hopefully, he can stay healthier than he has in the past.
mike

N├╝rnberg, Germany

#8 Aug 12, 2008
Get Pennington is nothing but positive. He's still in his prime and he's got so much of what you look for in a QB. They may not be able to compete with the Pats for a couple of years, but the Dolphins are going to win some games this year.

All the hype is going to Buffalo and the Jets, but I see Miami finishing 2nd in the AFC East.
Franco

AOL

#9 Aug 12, 2008
TRADE TRADE TRADE..........
Thats how you solve the quarterback problem

Since: Jan 07

Coconut Grove

#10 Aug 12, 2008
this is gonna be sweet

EFF da Jets!
Mike Morgan

United States

#11 Aug 12, 2008
Pennington's arrival gives Henne and Beck time to develop. Good trade.
See Ya

United States

#12 Aug 12, 2008
Jets 35 Miami 10
FFM

Raleigh, NC

#13 Aug 12, 2008
You may be right......this year, but looking to the future, Miami is young and has a lot of up-comming talented players. Mean while the JESTS are a team that are getting older and deeper into salary cap oblivion, other teams have tried to build a winner by trading and singing "STARS" only to find that, too many ego's and me type players do not make winners but do make WHINERS. Come to think of it, that should go over well for NY JESTS fans, lets see who's whinning and who's winning in 2 years.
Great pick up

Orange, CA

#14 Aug 12, 2008
Chad is going to be alright.GO PHINS
Joe

Bethpage, NY

#15 Aug 12, 2008
What a bunch of bad non-sense. First of all, it was reported CP threw two picks his first couple passes. Henne looked a lot better. I wish some of these media peeps would try and coach some day. They always think they know best. That is why they are writing this dumb articles. The guy has gone back to a system he hasn't played in 10 years in. Also, do you think Henning has the same plays he had 10 years ago? If those plays worked that well, he would have been in the SuperBowl by now. I think it is kind of real stupid getting JP. McNown deserves a chance with a decent OL. I think spending that much money on CP with 2 probably starters could really back-fire, unless they get at least a 4th rounder for Beck. Let's face it, Beck has not done anything to show he is a starter in this league. I was happy with the pick, but his size, his fumble/INT problems, and his inability to get the ball down field really doom him from ever making it in this league. Sounds like NE might pick him up for a backup. They do well with Miami outcasts. But, anyway, start the rookie, no sense in waiting, if he falls on his face, oh well, but I think everybody can see how Beck matches up with Henne, is there even a comparison?
Samantha

AOL

#16 Aug 12, 2008
it's amazing how everyone's tune changed after Penny started throwing some balls. Just wait until games when he's marching down the field for points.

This is the first time we've had a real QB, not a loser. This is THE most important pickup this year.

We turned 3-4 wins at the most into 6-8 wins. And it's not even the win/loss column that matters. What matters is getting something going on your team. If Hagan and Ginn stayed in an offense that was crippled every year, how on earth would they develop? Only when you can get the cogs moving, when the running game can move the chains, when the O line holds up, when the QB knows what he's doing and gets the ball to the receivers, when the receivers work with the QB, only then can the offense improve. Otherwise, they won't.

As much as we hated Saban, this is what he knew, and that's why one of the things he tried was to get Culpepper in here. Eventually, the front office got rid of our number one receiver, because at that point the whole offense was non-functional. Then later we lost our number one possession receiver. These things don't happen when your offense is functional. Now we're rebuilding. But we all know we're not rebuilding with John Beck, or the interception queen. That's why the FO was smart enough to bring in Pennington. And not even to lose a draft pick, not one. That was an incredible steal.
woody hayes

San Antonio, TX

#20 Aug 12, 2008
Who is passing out the rave reviews? Jerry's Kids or Billy Kilmer fans.
What is this based on? The fact that if they win two games they are 100% improved? The dolphins have not been a factor since MTV played actual music videos. Accept your place in history as a perrenial, inconsequential blip on good teams' radars. In fact, find out when the Arena League is going to expand and then maybe the dolphins might be able to sniff a playoff game.
JET FAN

Covington, LA

#21 Aug 12, 2008
It might even be a competitave game,but we're gonna boo Pennington right out of the stadium..the little twerp!
We're gonna kick his lil azz for goin to the Awfulins. I can't understand why he didn't pick Minnesota.
SHULA

Mohegan Lake, NY

#22 Aug 12, 2008
Love what i am seeing from this team, i agree with EVERY move, including getting rid of the dancing queen.. this team is headed in the right direction
Tuna

Miami, FL

#23 Aug 12, 2008
Dink and Dunk. No more than 5 yard passes please.
Rumble Bee Ray

Jefferson, GA

#24 Aug 12, 2008
I have lost all respect for Brett(the idiot)Favre for what he has done to the Packers organization and their fans for the past three years. I can not wait to see Pennington on opening day just rip the dirt bag Jets apart and our defense put Favre on his back every time that he drops back to pass. People seem to forget that Favre is the interception king and the New York fans will turn against him quick enough! Their short memories do not remember how bad Namath was in his last years in the Big Apple,but a washed up Brett the Jet will refresh their memories real fast!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Westfield standouts shine on Sunday (Sep '14) Sep '14 BulldogsBullchit 3
News Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News NFL Preview - St. Louis (Sep '14) Sep '14 In Lovie with losing 1
News Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 (Jun '14) Jul '14 Ponder It 2
News Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tresturd 2
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
More from around the web