Pennington won't be handed starting job

Pennington won't be handed starting job

There are 126 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Aug 10, 2008, titled Pennington won't be handed starting job. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Something or someone has got to give. Even though four quarterbacks are currently on the Dolphins ' roster as a result of the recent signing of veteran Chad Pennington , roster space and shared snaps aren't the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
patsfan

Hollywood, FL

#1 Aug 10, 2008
5.5m per year to compete for the starting job?
4 QB's and no WR's?
The Dolphins tradition continues..........
Pete

AOL

#2 Aug 10, 2008
patsfan wrote:
4 QB's and no WR's?
Word is....they're trying to trade Beck for a Hooters calender.
8 Wins in 08

Pompton Plains, NJ

#3 Aug 10, 2008
patsfan wrote:
4 QB's and no WR's?
A Pats fan talking about tradition...let's see, you've been a loyal Pats fan since, what, 2003? The Patriots, I'm sure, have video taped practices and Super Bowl walk-throughs that pre-date your rooting for them. Over that Giant a-s-s whooping yet? LOL. In the post spygate era, the Pats are as successful as the Dolphins. Their free fall will continue this year and every football fan is going to enjoy it.
JinVA

United States

#4 Aug 10, 2008
lol...what I find hilarious that Pats fans come here to post (as do Jet fans)..why the need to come to our board/paper? No life?
marino13

Munster, IN

#5 Aug 10, 2008
If Pennington is 100% healthy, they just need to cut the crap and name him the starter and give him the most snaps in practice. Enough of this competition crap. I know a lot of you don't like Pennington, but he can manage the game well and gives the fins the best chance to win right now.
Franco

AOL

#6 Aug 10, 2008
Use the quarterback surplus to orchestrate a trade !!!!

saith Confucius

“Left Coast Fin Fan”

Since: Dec 06

San Diego, Calif.

#7 Aug 10, 2008
Penny is a smart guy. He worked the sidelines and the locker room in his first day in Miami. He should fit in just fine and I enjoyed seeing him mentoring during the Bucs game. But again, the Fins are in desperate need of a quality receiver. Wilford is, so far, a huge disappointment.
patsfan

Hollywood, FL

#8 Aug 10, 2008
Pete wrote:
<quoted text> Word is....they're trying to trade Beck for a Hooters calender.
They'll never get that for Beck!
z dolphin

Miami, FL

#10 Aug 10, 2008
patsfan wrote:
<quoted text>
They'll never get that for Beck!
Why not

Some fraking drunk idiot had a date with ur ugly assmama and out came you if that is pssible anything is possible LOL
Truth and Consequences

United States

#11 Aug 11, 2008
Does sparano think the fans are that stupid?
Tree2691

Atlanta, GA

#13 Aug 11, 2008
Call me crazy, but I think that by the end, Beck may end up starting, with Penny as backup, and mentor. Henne will ride the pine with a clipboard for a season, and McCown will end up the odd man out. I think the team will really want to see what they have in Beck, and will start Penny if Beck can't step up. He is starting to show signs that he CAN, but he needs to get more than a Quarter in there, and he needs to take some shots down field.
thinking man

Miami, FL

#14 Aug 11, 2008
What I find the most intresting question to be is, what if Henne keeps playing ang progressing the way he is now then what?No one can deny he looks good so far and not to knock beck , but henne looks so much better at this point, and he looks almost even with MCclown and no offence chad but experience does not throw balls.I think that since we're to or three years away, let's let Henne develope so if he's ready.
superhotbug

Melbourne, FL

#15 Aug 11, 2008
I can't stand the stinking jets but have always liked Pennington, he didn't seem to fit the nasty jets character, I think he'll fit in perfect if he stays healthy and when he does get banged up, Henne can jump in

Since: Mar 08

O Fallon, IL

#16 Aug 11, 2008
Ken in San Diego wrote:
Penny is a smart guy. He worked the sidelines and the locker room in his first day in Miami. He should fit in just fine and I enjoyed seeing him mentoring during the Bucs game. But again, the Fins are in desperate need of a quality receiver. Wilford is, so far, a huge disappointment.
So far? The Dolphins have only had 2 weeks of camp and one preseason game. At least the guy should get another pre season game or two to show what he can do.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#17 Aug 11, 2008
Im not coming down on the new regime just yet, but I have noticed that allot of time they say one thing, then turn around and do the exact opposite. So here's the way its gonna go. Buy next Monday McCown or Beck is out of here, then after the 3rd game Pennington will be named the starter for week 1 against the Jets...GO NOODLE-ARM! GO PHINS!!!
AJ in ATL

United States

#18 Aug 11, 2008
The job belongs to Pennington and everyone knows it. These articles about him competeing are a joke. How about we just get behind C.P. and show him some love.
jets pats suck

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#19 Aug 11, 2008
delusional patsfan"]5.5m per year to compete for the starting job?
4 QB's and no WR's?
The Dolphins tradition continues

And the pats tradition will end, no more cheating, no more cheap victories. Crash and burn posers!
pats suck

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Aug 11, 2008
="patsfan"]<quote d text>
They'll never get that for Beck

Cant wait for brady to get hurt- let's see your 2nd string loser. ha ha ha ha
Eddie

Ashfield, MA

#21 Aug 11, 2008
I agree Chad Pennington should not be handed the starting job. He should earn it by winning an open competition. Chad Henne looks to be the QB to give Pennington the stiffest competion, because he has the kind of arm that can make big plays along with the other skills required to play QB.
LordBishop34

Alexandria, VA

#22 Aug 11, 2008
I am hoping its a competition, he doesn't deserve the job just handed to him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Westfield standouts shine on Sunday (Sep '14) Sep '14 BulldogsBullchit 3
News Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call (Sep '14) Sep '14 Go Blue Forever 3
News NFL Preview - St. Louis (Sep '14) Sep '14 In Lovie with losing 1
News Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
News Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 (Jun '14) Jul '14 Ponder It 2
News Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tresturd 2
News Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Steven 1
More from around the web