Raider Nation unfairly too eager in booing team

Nov 14, 2007 Full story: The Argus 7

“That's how it's been this whole year”

THERE IS no light out there. It's all cobwebs and darkness. The time has come to accept it as the way it is. via The Argus

Full Story

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#1 Nov 14, 2007
In the Gruden era, they brought in proven players like Rod Woodson, Eric Allen, Rich Gannon, and Jerry Rice that could still play. They also brought in former all pro vets like Bill Romanowski and Trace Armstrong that weren't the best at their position on the team anymore, but helped develop younger players that contributed greatly.

Since then the vets that have come in haven't been the same. Cooper Carlisle has been the only one that has really contributed. Warren Sapp has only had one good season since joining the team and is greatly slowing down. Derrick Burgess was a good addition at first (becoming a probowler), but is struggling to regain his pro bowl form this year.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#2 Nov 14, 2007
That leads me to beleive that Woodson, Allen, Gannon Rice, Romanowski and Armstrong didn't do there jobs. If they taught the yougher guys, they could have passed it on...but we are stuck with out that benefit.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Nov 15, 2007
Gannon, Woodson, and Rice each have probowl honors from their days as a raider; so they did their jobs. Armstrong and Romanowski battled injuries more than anything during their Raider days, but Eric Barton and Rod Coleman stepped up in their areas and were making the big plays on defense that overshadowed that.

The only Raiders we still have from the Gruden era are Shane Lechler, Sebastian Janikowski, Jerry Porter and Barry Sims. Lechler is the only one that has been consistantly well
Freddy

Granger, IN

#4 Nov 15, 2007
TexasRaider wrote:
Gannon, Woodson, and Rice each have probowl honors from their days as a raider; so they did their jobs. Armstrong and Romanowski battled injuries more than anything during their Raider days, but Eric Barton and Rod Coleman stepped up in their areas and were making the big plays on defense that overshadowed that.
The only Raiders we still have from the Gruden era are Shane Lechler, Sebastian Janikowski, Jerry Porter and Barry Sims. Lechler is the only one that has been consistantly well
I think Janikowski has been better lately. He still needs to work on concentration and not be distracted with Denver's time-out or kicking an onside kick to deep, when he should error on the short side. I believe it is maturity issue with Sebastian or lack of know-how. The Raiders should consider hiring an ex-kicker to be his personal guide (Del Greco and either of the Bahr's come to mind). I believe it would help.

Since: Oct 07

San Diego, CA

#5 Nov 15, 2007
the fans deserve to boo. they pay the players by buying tickets. they support their team. we have been on a huge losing streak sinse the super bowl. its their right. i would boo too. by now russell should start. forget this season and let him make some plays. what if he ends up not being what we thought and we wouldnt know till next year. then we will not be able to draft someone else this year. so we again would suck next year and we would be throwing another year away. we need to know what we have and the fans deserve to know.
Twilight zone

Bridgeport, CT

#6 Nov 16, 2007
TexasRaider wrote:
In the Gruden era, they brought in proven players like Rod Woodson, Eric Allen, Rich Gannon, and Jerry Rice that could still play. They also brought in former all pro vets like Bill Romanowski and Trace Armstrong that weren't the best at their position on the team anymore, but helped develop younger players that contributed greatly.
Since then the vets that have come in haven't been the same. Cooper Carlisle has been the only one that has really contributed. Warren Sapp has only had one good season since joining the team and is greatly slowing down. Derrick Burgess was a good addition at first (becoming a probowler), but is struggling to regain his pro bowl form this year.
Any veteran worth a damn wasn't going to waste their time playing for our abortion of a team, with our moron HC's. We've been getting second rate bums. The entire organization needs to show that they are capable of doing the right things to turn this thing around. Then and only then will good players want to once again play for the Raiders. I believe Kiffin is step one in the right direction. Now we need to draft well. By "well" i mean pretty freaking good considering we draft extremely high and there are no excuses for your 3rd round pick not making the team. We need to nurture the few good young players we have. We must develop a toughness as a team. Tough teams dont let up 150 yds a game on the ground, at a 5yd avg. Tough teams dont wilt in the 4th qtr.
Andrew

Neptune, NJ

#7 Nov 17, 2007
This team deserves to be booed for how bad they have looked at times! this whole organization should be booed for letting this team get this bad! So many missed oppurtunities and too many stupid mistakes! WAKE UP, WE NEED TO GET SMART AND WIN!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh McCown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Josh McCown Proving Chicago Bears Made Right Call 1 hr Dlrwon 1
NFL Preview - St. Louis Sep 11 In Lovie with losing 1
Updated 2015 NFL Mock Draft Picks 6-10: Houston... Aug 21 Obriens Butt-Chin 1
Picking playoff sleeper in 2014 Jul '14 Ponder It 2
Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? Apr '14 Tresturd 2
Time For Brian Urlacher and Chicago Bears To Pa... Mar '14 Steven 1
Buccaneers land QB McCown (Mar '14) Mar '14 McClown the Pirate 13
•••
•••

Josh McCown People Search