Big Ten football awards | BuckeyeXtra

Quarterback : Daryll Clark . Running back : Evan Royster ; John Clay . Receiver : Eric Decker ; Blair White . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Montréal, Canada

#21 Nov 24, 2009
Bias or not - I did not expect any awards on the offense. Too in consistent early in the season. The players on defense gets overlooked because as a unit they are so dominent. Homan should have been a first team pick joining Coleman. The D-line was just too evenly balanced a team would block on one another would step up - it hurts the individual stats to be so team oriented and good across the front. I can see why they picked clark at quarterback but he disappeared in their two big games this year. I don't know who would replace him though. Decker was the only one of the skilled positions I agreed with fully but he was hurt half the season. Are they electing on performance or reputation. I think Ferentz did a whale of a job getting the performance out of Iowa. well deserving. Next year is going to definitely be interesting.
RoBob3431

AOL

#22 Nov 24, 2009
WHO REALLY CARES ABOUT INDIVIDUAL PLAYER HONORS. bOTH THE COACHES AND THE MEDIA "EXPERTS" ARE NUTS!!!! THE IMPORTANT AWARD IS WINNING THE BIG TEN CHAMPIONSHIP FOR THE 5TH YEAR IN A ROW. I GUESS THE GENIUSES DID NOT SEE THE OSU WINS OVER WISCONSIN, PENN STATE, IOWA AND HAPLESS MICHIGAN? FOOTBALL IS A TEAM GAME AND THAT IS THE WAY OHIO STATE PLAYS IT. GET A LIFE ALL YOU SOUR PUSS EXPERTS!!!!
Gator Gator

Birmingham, AL

#23 Nov 24, 2009
Even your conference knows that the OSU Team and Players are over-rated. Wait until your Buckeyes get doormated again in the Rose Bowl by Oregon. GO GATORS!!!
Buckeye

United States

#24 Nov 24, 2009
Gator Gator wrote:
Even your conference knows that the OSU Team and Players are over-rated. Wait until your Buckeyes get doormated again in the Rose Bowl by Oregon. GO GATORS!!!
Yea, that's why we won the Big Ten title!!!! Go Gators...beat those little teams you keep playing, hahaha! Do you have nursing homes scheduled for next year?!?!
what

Cleveland, OH

#25 Nov 24, 2009
I dont agree with any but maybe Decker
Sir Pumpkin

Chillicothe, OH

#26 Nov 24, 2009
yea right
Dannawally

Toledo, OH

#27 Nov 24, 2009
Sir Pumpkin wrote:
And for Daryll clark ,Even Rooster Yea and the other two they were nothing against the two best teems what a joke they were not even avrage in those games.
Politics as usual. Rush was right about the darlings of the media.
Sir Pumpkin

Chillicothe, OH

#28 Nov 24, 2009
I think next year the bucks will have it even easier .
Art Iamele

Okatie, SC

#29 Nov 25, 2009
A visitor from another planet would conclude that OSU probably finished last in the Big Ten and that it was won by Penn State, Iowa or Wisconsin.

And it's insane that Jim Tressel, one of the top five coaches in the country, has never been voted Coach of the Year!

What gives? Does anyone have a theory?
MisterToo

Aurora, IL

#30 Nov 25, 2009
If the Suckeyes didn't make an @SS out of themselves everytime they play someone worth their weight, voters might have a different opinion. BTW, Iowa, Wisconsin and Penn State are NOT considered TOP programs in college football. Go PAC 10
buckeye alum

United States

#31 Nov 25, 2009
Tressel wrote:
How somebody win 6 straight Big 10 Titles, take their team to 3 National Championship games - yet NOT ever win Coach of Year honors?
simple man he has all the talent in the world and cant figure out how to use it along with the worst offense play calls in the big ten
buckeye alum

United States

#32 Nov 25, 2009
THank god tress didnt win coach of the year in the big ten, no way did he deserve that with the talent he has comin in and the poor offensive play calling , losing the USC game at home was the perfect example of his failures in big games just like he got out coached against LSU and FLA, He had the worng defense against texas at the end of the game which caused us to lose . Tressel is a ok coach who got lucky with coopers players, and think about how many people violated team rules for blazin weed and takin money?? He is terrel pryors B****! and he needs to let TP run more and do what he is good at instead of being a robot, which he has clearly become. Tress needs to grow some balls and get with the times or oregon will have field day. who the hell would waste money flying to cali after the last three bowl games. save the 1500 and watch it HD. trust me
Dannawally

Toledo, OH

#33 Nov 26, 2009
Art Iamele wrote:
A visitor from another planet would conclude that OSU probably finished last in the Big Ten and that it was won by Penn State, Iowa or Wisconsin.
And it's insane that Jim Tressel, one of the top five coaches in the country, has never been voted Coach of the Year!
What gives? Does anyone have a theory?
Tress has top talent which underperforms against mostly mediocre competition, partially due to unimaginative coaching. Result: Tress doesn't win COY honors and fewer players than most people expect win 1st team all-league.
Tennessee Bob

United States

#34 Nov 29, 2009
How the crap is B-Rolle not at least an honorable mention? He had like 900 INTs as a linebacker. He made nearly every big play that Ohio State had this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Hull Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Redskins cut Hull, Mouton (Apr '14) Apr '14 Gruden boys love ... 2
So far, Penn State doesn't look like Linebacker U (Sep '10) Sep '10 fightfan 2
PSU recruiting spotlight: North Carolina's Domi... (Jul '10) Jul '10 JoePa 1
Rams Sign 8 Of 11 Draft Picks (Jun '10) Jun '10 triple6vamp 2
Nittany Lions enhanced status as 'Linebacker U.... (Apr '10) May '10 Bullfarts 10
A spring of change for Joe Paterno (Apr '10) Apr '10 Too Hilarious 4
Penn State unveils new seating plan (Nov '09) Nov '09 psu69 1
More from around the web