Big Ten football awards | BuckeyeXtra

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Quarterback : Daryll Clark . Running back : Evan Royster ; John Clay . Receiver : Eric Decker ; Blair White .

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Deserves a Reply

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

Very interesting! In basketball, Evan Turner dominated the big ten last year, but the kid from Michigan State won the "player of the year" award because he was the best player on the best team. However, the team that won the outright big ten championship merited fewer first team awards than (Michigan) the conference's last place team. This makes no sense to me!
Mark from Toledo

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

What a joke! Holman and Heyward are the best at their position. Just another example of the anti Buckeye bias.
weneedboback

Plainfield, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

Michigan had the best team but the worst coach. Just wait till next year!! Suckeyes will go down!!
Tressel

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

How somebody win 6 straight Big 10 Titles, take their team to 3 National Championship games - yet NOT ever win Coach of Year honors?
Bucknaked

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I believe that the collective talent cost the Buckeyes individually. For instance, Homan would have had much better stats if the D line wasn't so dominant,(as would Rolle and Spitler). Heyward and Gibson were dominant as a duo but each had games where individually they perhaps didn't stand out. Because there was so much talent on the D line as a group no single player had to make every "big" play. Same with Saine, not enough carries because he didn't have to, when healthy Boom got the majority.
Sir Pumpkin

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

The only reason the bucks didn,t get the all defence awarda is the whole team did so good the loss at purdue was not there doing!
Sir Pumpkin

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

And for Daryll clark ,Even Rooster Yea and the other two they were nothing against the two best teems what a joke they were not even avrage in those games.
Jack

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I guess when you win the conference championship six years in a row, there must be something inferior about the coach and players who won them. I'll take Ohio State any time over the rest. Maybe its fitting to recognixe finishing second or lower every year.
Buckeye67

Oxford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

This is an absolute joke,Heyward and Homan not on the first team. OSU did win the conference title outright. The voters must be living in an alternate reality.
Buckeye67

Oxford, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

weneedboback wrote:
Michigan had the best team but the worst coach. Just wait till next year!! Suckeyes will go down!!
You guys are all the same every year. It's always going to be next year. The team that sucked was UM, big time. Good luck with all those great players you have on a 5-7 team.
T M Simmons Class of 94

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Tressel wrote:
How somebody win 6 straight Big 10 Titles, take their team to 3 National Championship games - yet NOT ever win Coach of Year honors?
I feel your frustration, but Tressel won Coach of the Year for 2002 when they won the National Championship!
Bucknaked

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Judged:

I can't make a case for JT. The Buckeyes had far superior talent than any other team in the league, yet lost to lowly Purdue. The Bucks had an inferior USC team with a true freshman QB, at home and lost. TP was pre-season player of the year and made very little progress. Ferentz had inferior players and got the most out of them. This team should have been undefeated and playing for a national title. I'm happy with an outright Big Ten Title and a Rose Bowl bid but not convinced that we could have done better.
T M Simmons Class of 94

Lithuania

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Buckeye67 wrote:
This is an absolute joke,Heyward and Homan not on the first team. OSU did win the conference title outright. The voters must be living in an alternate reality.
No worries, just let Heyward and Homan compare Big Ten Champioship rings with those first teamers...I think it is 5 rings to 1 or none!!
Bucknaked

Lewis Center, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

TM Simmons

My thanks for all you do for this great country!
starchest

Minster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

This is great news. Now none of the D line or players other than the Seniors will go in the draft!
Las Vegas Buckeye

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

I wish I had some encouraging words for the great team members, but the individuals who shined every week were absorbed in a complete team effort.

It's hard for me to argue that Coach Tressel deserves higher accolades, when I believe that ultra conservative play calling does not allow him to fully utilize the strengths of his players.

I will always wish him and his players the best in every game, but if calls the BCS Bowl Game, the same way he called the Michigan Game. They will lose.
Sir Pumpkin

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

wrong
RodnJax

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Going to look a little different next year. Hopefully next year will be some Buckeye receivers on first team for a change.
jeffo

Mansfield, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Two Penn State O-linemen first team ? I was wondering the names of the guys our D-line was shoving in the first team QB's face . What a joke .
BBB68

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2009

Keep in mind that the reason OSU has an outright title rather than a share is because of the play of those who pulled in awards -- e.g. Northwestern players who beat Iowa.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of34
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Josh Hull Discussions

Search the Josh Hull Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Redskins cut Hull, Mouton Apr '14 Gruden boys love Grunge 2
So far, Penn State doesn't look like Linebacker U (Sep '10) Sep '10 fightfan 2
PSU recruiting spotlight: North Carolina's Domi... (Jul '10) Jul '10 JoePa 1
Rams Sign 8 Of 11 Draft Picks (Jun '10) Jun '10 triple6vamp 2
Nittany Lions enhanced status as 'Linebacker U.... (Apr '10) May '10 Bullfarts 10
A spring of change for Joe Paterno (Apr '10) Apr '10 Too Hilarious 4
Penn State unveils new seating plan (Nov '09) Nov '09 psu69 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••