Bob Sansevere: Vikings could have been Super

Full story: TwinCities.com

Itemizing a few things ... Item: The New Orleans Saints win the first Super Bowl in franchise history.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Wiscpurplefan

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

To Punish And Enslave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, Packer fans are probably still bitter from the beating Favre laid upon them at their home stadium.
Well, probably the whole retire / unretire then signing with the Purple thing. Beating them twice only feeds it. I probably would be ticked a bit myself but I wouldn't go out of my way to whine on a Packer blog. To be honest though, there are only a few who do it. I know a few Packer fans and they all show nothing but class. After all is said and done, it was a great year for both squads and fun to watch.
TZ Man

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Favre will be back. No way he ends his career with a interception like that one! There was many bad calls in that last drive! Many! The twelve men in the huddle? Yes Favre should have run for five out of bounce! I think this one hurts most of all, even more than the missed field goal! Woo is me!wawsey wasey woo woo! The cloud will always follow us!
Bill K

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

bdk wrote:
I really don't think we could have beat the Colts. With an injured Winfield, and and injured Cedric our secondary would have had a VERY difficult time keeping Manning under 50 pts!
1. If we win the game in regulation, Cedric doesn't blow out his knee on the kickoff in OT.
2. Windfield would've had 2 weeks to heal up. Not a problem.

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

there is one difference between the vikes of old and the new vikings, the old vikings would lose superbowls, the new vikings lose in NFC championship games, thus putting us out of our misery two weeks earlier..two teams that were once the doormats of the league tampa bay and new orleans have now won superbowls..never going to happen here..
bdk

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Wiscpurplefan wrote:
<quoted text>Well, probably the whole retire / unretire then signing with the Purple thing. Beating them twice only feeds it. I probably would be ticked a bit myself but I wouldn't go out of my way to whine on a Packer blog. To be honest though, there are only a few who do it. I know a few Packer fans and they all show nothing but class. After all is said and done, it was a great year for both squads and fun to watch.
I agree with you. I know quite a few Packer fans and most of them are intelligent, knowledgeable about football, and realize that Favre leaving was a good thing for both the Packers AND Favre. Its just the mentally challenged TROLS on here that give Packer fans a bad name.
The Falcon

Webster, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

The game was lost by one person Klink. He can't even count to eleven. Twelve men is just like not getting your pick in for the draft in the time allowed. Thanks Klink
jollyjunck

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

The Vikings as team lost the game from the turnovers, bad coaching at times, to an offensive line that allowed Farve to be kicked around like a soccer ball. Oh yes! We did get ripped off on acouple of bad calls , but if it wasn't for a team effort, they would not have been a big factor in the outcome, because we should have had a huge lead and had no problem winning the biggest game of the decade for Vikings fans!
Wiscpurplefan

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

The Falcon wrote:
The game was lost by one person Klink. He can't even count to eleven. Twelve men is just like not getting your pick in for the draft in the time allowed. Thanks Klink
Do you even watch football? Your dislike for Klink is clouding reality for you.
Ruth

Batesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

With Favre's bad ankle, I don't think it was a given that we would have beaten the Colts. Sometimes things happen for a reason. I was very disappointed we lost that NFC Championship game BUT I would've been totally devastated if we had lost a FIFTH Super Bowl. The old line about "just being there is enough" doesn't hold up in this situation. Our day will will come!
Packfan

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

Queens got EXACTLY what they deserved when Chilly the cabbie drove Favre in from the airport. Great year for the team. Great year for Favre. Looking good in playoffs vs cowboys. Then in the championship game...DOINK!! Now you get the rest that goes with Farve in the offseason. Will he? Won't he? Enjoy. As for next year...41 yr old Farve? I don't think so. LaTavernaciousnus Jackson? I don't think so. Sagebrush Rosenschmucks? Yeah....right. Looking forward to seeing you next year for payback time.
Packfan

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

As far as Chilly the cabbie goes. Who can picture Parcells, Ditka, or Bud Grant doing that?

“Citizen, you must comply.”

Since: May 08

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2010

Judged:

I can picture Packers coach Mike McMuffin heading through the Mickey D's drive thru a few hundred times as part of his offseason workout program.
Earsall Mackbee

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

Right on Bill K!

Read these posts...two of these "Packer fans"....the greatest QB in their history and one calls him "Brent" and the other "bert". More paint thinner, please!
Packfan

Memphis, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2010

I can picture Packers coach Mike McMuffin heading through the Mickey D's drive thru a few hundred times as part of his offseason workout program.
I can picture Chilly the Cabby opening a show shine stand in front of the Metrohole.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Favre just needs to hang up the cleats. No more Super Bowls. Maybe he can go on a world tour singing Pants on the Ground.

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

At least he can count.
Bullfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Like Favre and his hanging out at Sears for 6 months trying to decide on a TV workout program.
packa backa

Mequon, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2010

Earsall Mackbee wrote:
Right on Bill K!
Read these posts...two of these "Packer fans"....the greatest QB in their history and one calls him "Brent" and the other "bert". More paint thinner, please!
Brent, Bert , Butt , no matter what we call him you all know who he is !

I would rather get high on paint thinner than that cheap azz (skol vodka you all rant and rave about !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 38 of38
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joseph Addai Discussions

Search the Joseph Addai Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••