Bob Sansevere: Vikings could have been Super

Itemizing a few things ... Item: The New Orleans Saints win the first Super Bowl in franchise history. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mayers59

Wichita Falls, TX

#1 Feb 9, 2010
One of the two had to lose. The Super Bowl was played 2 weeks early between the 2 best teams in the NFL. I'm sure people will say Favre blew it. Well if he did, I guess Manning must suck too cause he threw a pick 6. That was sarcasm about both by the way. Just waitin on the Favre haters to jump on board and blame him once again.

The 2 best teams did play in the NFC Championship game though.
Earsall Mackbee

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 9, 2010
Seriously, this is what journalism has now become? I can't believe it took over 10 minutes to write this column. And it's a wonder this rag is on the verge of bankruptcy!
Arnie

Minnetonka, MN

#3 Feb 9, 2010
Vikings always lose the big game.
Questions

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Feb 9, 2010
Now that junk franchises like the Saints and Bucs have championship trophies, Does any other Viking fan feel like if they ever do win one it will be like a kid holding a handful of sand at the beach?(everyone has that feeling) Does anyone else sense a Don King smell to the NFL? Does anyone else feel like they are going to choke the first carnival barker that opens his mouth about the Superbowl during the late summer mini-camps? Does anyone else imagine one of the current indifferent Vikings sitting in a hot-tub someplace with room service while we freeze another couple months? Sour grapes? Frustrated? Guilty as charged!
what a terrible franchise

Eau Claire, WI

#5 Feb 9, 2010
they would have TOTALLY won the super bowl..........if they got past the nfc championship game first! thanks for the awful pick bert!
Blah Blah Blah

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Feb 9, 2010
Shoulda Woulda Coulda
packabacka

Grafton, WI

#7 Feb 9, 2010
It was great what the Vikings did this year, They beat our packers twice, they ruled the division, and the nfc, they raised the hopes sky high of the Minnesota nation from sea to shining sea !!!
And then our man Brent crushed it all with one careless toss !
Yes it was great !
And now he has youn all squirming.
Go Brent Go !!!!
Marshallfanforev er

Loretto, MN

#8 Feb 9, 2010
I know everyone wants to blame Favre, but If theres not 12 men in the huddle he doesn't have to throw that ball. The way the Saints cheap shotted him, was nothing short of gutless. on Another note, Jim Marhsall should have been in the Hall a long time ago. The NFL is full off a bunch of Punks.
sed

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2010
Does everyone forget about the fumbled hand off to AP at the end of the 1st half that cost the vikes points? I guess Favre gets a free pass on that one.
packabacka

Grafton, WI

#10 Feb 9, 2010
Marshallfanforever wrote:
I know everyone wants to blame Favre, but If theres not 12 men in the huddle he doesn't have to throw that ball. The way the Saints cheap shotted him, was nothing short of gutless. on Another note, Jim Marhsall should have been in the Hall a long time ago. The NFL is full off a bunch of Punks.
I totally agree with you about Marshall,
He was awesome !
It takes a special breed to run the wrong way with the ball,
To score a T.D. against yourself like that, amazing.
Maybe one day we will see him there in the Hall, Right next to Brent and Tark !!!

“Citizen, you must comply.”

Since: May 08

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Feb 9, 2010
sed wrote:
Does everyone forget about the fumbled hand off to AP at the end of the 1st half that cost the vikes points? I guess Favre gets a free pass on that one.
Yeah, he does get a free pass because that was AP's fault, moron. AP even admitted it and Troy Aikman who was calling the game said it was AP's fault. Favre put the handoff right in his breadbasket. Not sure what game you were watching. AP was to blame for the loss more than Favre.

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Feb 9, 2010
I think you can blame Favre for 25% of the loss. Don't forget about Berrian's killer fumble, and Harvin's as well. Come on folks, Favre played great especially with the beating our awful O-Line let him absorb.
WWM

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Feb 9, 2010
To Punish And Enslave wrote:
I think you can blame Favre for 25% of the loss. Don't forget about Berrian's killer fumble, and Harvin's as well. Come on folks, Favre played great especially with the beating our awful O-Line let him absorb.
I feel most Viking fans agree. A few Packer fans are still bitter and are more than willing to hang him but he had a great season and I hope he returns for more.

Go Vikings!

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Feb 9, 2010
WWM wrote:
<quoted text>I feel most Viking fans agree. A few Packer fans are still bitter and are more than willing to hang him but he had a great season and I hope he returns for more.
Go Vikings!
You are right, Packer fans are probably still bitter from the beating Favre laid upon them at their home stadium.
mayers59

Wichita Falls, TX

#15 Feb 9, 2010
AAAH. THERES THOSE FAVRE HATERS! I knew ya'll couldn't let it go. Well, how bout Manning? How bout Warner? How bout Rodgers? They all made costly mistakes at critical times. Or, how bout giving the Saints their due. As much as I would have loved to watch the Vikings in the Super Bowl, the Saints Defense made the plays when they had to.

Could it be, just maybe, it wasn't 1 person's fault and it was collective. Nah, Favre haters would NEVER accept that. Lol.
mayers59

Wichita Falls, TX

#16 Feb 9, 2010
Lest we forget. Manning and Rodgers mistakes ended up being Defensive TD'S. Favre's didn't. If ya wanna blame, spread it around, there's plenty of seats at the table.

“long time Minnesotan”

Since: Jan 09

Long Prairie, MN

#17 Feb 9, 2010
To Punish And Enslave wrote:
Fumbles, instant replays and stupid coaching killed us, don't blame #4. Who else would take a licking and keep on ticking?
Bill K

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Feb 9, 2010
mayers59 wrote:
One of the two had to lose. The Super Bowl was played 2 weeks early between the 2 best teams in the NFL.
The 2 best teams did play in the NFC Championship game though.
Absolutely 100% correct. I watched the Colts in '08 when they played here, early in the season (Vikings should've beat them that day) and I wasn't impressed then, and haven't been since. Yes, they pile up regular-season wins, but to me, they always look beat-able.
bdk

Farmington, MN

#19 Feb 9, 2010
I really don't think we could have beat the Colts. With an injured Winfield, and and injured Cedric our secondary would have had a VERY difficult time keeping Manning under 50 pts!
Bill K

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Feb 9, 2010
packabacka wrote:
It was great what the Vikings did this year, They beat our packers twice, they ruled the division, and the nfc, they raised the hopes sky high of the Minnesota nation from sea to shining sea !!!
And then our man Brent crushed it all with one careless toss !
Yes it was great !
And now he has youn all squirming.
Go Brent Go !!!!
The name's Brett. That's oh so clever the way the cheese whiz refuse to acknowledge the man. I must admit, I enjoyed watching your QB give the game away in the Arena League playoff game as well.
I can't speak for any Viking fans other than myself, but I had a great time this season and would like to see Favre back for another shot at a championship. If that's what "squirming" feels like, bring it on, baby! And, if you think he has us squirming, it's nothing compared to the squirming you and your squad did all year and will continue to do until he no longer plays in purple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Addai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
News 2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
News Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
News Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
News Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
News Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
More from around the web