Colts take another look at RB Mungro

Colts take another look at RB Mungro

There are 59 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 12, 2007, titled Colts take another look at RB Mungro. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indianapolis Colts apparently have an interest in adding a veteran to their young running back corps.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Garin

Knightstown, IN

#44 Jun 13, 2007
I meant to say Miami..sorry
AP INDY

Indianapolis, IN

#45 Jun 13, 2007
Mungro stay. Sorry the previous Blazing Saddles references are funny.
Roosevelt Potts

Redwood City, CA

#46 Jun 13, 2007
First of all, Chris Brown sucks, he is awful and he wines like a 2 year old. The last thing the Colts need is some back up RB for Tennessee (a team which sucks). Granted, he did start for a season, but then again so did Ryan Leaf. Addai can handle the load, but it would be nice to have a split back system a la 2006 when Rhodes (who will be awful in Oakland) seemed to run himself into a hefty contract. Go after some young talent, Polian is a mastermind at signing undrafted free agents who perform well. RBs only are effective for about 8 seasons max, anymore than that chances are they are going to the hall of fame. Ok I'm done ranting.
COLTS IN 08

Utica, KY

#48 Jun 14, 2007
Well looks like our chances with Tennissee RB Chris Brown are slime to none, he is already looking at Chicago his home town!!!!!!!
Grendels04

UK

#49 Jun 14, 2007
With the kind of money we have sunk into the O, and the money we're going to lay on Freeney this year, we weren't going to get Brown or any other over-priced vet.And Brown is just that over-priced. We need a "change of pace" RB to spell Addai. All rumors (as opposed to wishful thinking) I have heard say Dorsey is the number two. But, I like Mungro as a third string back to provide some experience in a very, very young corps. I do not want him as the #2. Sorry James! But, as we all know from the Edge experience, an RB doesn't come back whole, only one season removed from an injury like this.
Scott

Zanesville, OH

#50 Jun 14, 2007
Bring him back, he would be a great RB for Addai to share the season with!
tj kross

New York, NY

#52 Jun 18, 2007
I just like Mungro, so I'd love to see him back, he'll probably be in the tweener role again, 3rd rb some FB. Won't see much time, BUT...BUT..BUT he's great on special teams and I'm sorry while not amazing, when he steps in good things seem to happen. I just like the vibe I get when I watch him in the huddle and in the backfield..the guys obviously love him. THe problem is he has an ACL, and he was already slow.....
anonymous

Abingdon, VA

#53 Jun 20, 2007
for you guys that are haters, rhodes did not suck. hes gone and wish him the best. its just time to move on. mungro did a respectable job when he was healthy and got on the field. we are fans, neither coaches or players. so let the coaches coach and the players play and root for the players that they decide to fill out the roster. not a one of us joined in the ceremony to get a ring. so what can we say? if dungy says he can play and makes the team so be it. if dungy says he cant and he dont make the team, so be that as well. but mungro will be okay i personally think. lets just wait and see.****SIGN FREENEY****
natasha

Malton, UK

#54 Jun 30, 2007
i can have picters
todd

Naperville, IL

#55 Jul 8, 2007
They need some experience and a decent second back to take pressure off Addai
DeDe Dorsey 25

United States

#56 Jul 22, 2007
DeDe Dorsey is going to be the biggest suprise in the NFL. Just ask the Bengals who are still kicking themelves for letting him go. Dorsey, was a 3-time All Ammerican in college. Yes, it was the NAIA, but Dorsey did what no other college football player has ever done. He was an All American DB and RB in his career. Not only that, he was a 1st team All Heart of America Athletic Conference player in 2004 as a DB and RB in the same year. I had the opportunity to watch DeDe play football and he was the Reggie Bush of the NAIA. I think the NFL will embrace a new #25 this season. In addition to those stats, he blocked 19 kicks in his college career. He was way to good for the NAIA, but a senior year shoulder injruy kept him from playing at OU or UT. I think everyone will be pleasantly suprised by Dorsey this season. Go Colts!!
GO COLTS LOVE WIFEY

Llewellyn, PA

#57 Aug 5, 2007
DEDE DORSEY IS MY HERO!!!!!!!!!! ;)
special ed

Covington, KY

#58 Aug 5, 2007
RBs wrote:
I think Mungro needs a V-8. and the coaching staff needs to wake up to a Cappachino.
Do I have confidence in this year's team? "Sure"
Just looking forward to a nice butt-whooping by the PATS, Ravens, and Chargers.
Beef up the LB and CB situation.
Just give the ball to Joe! And use the other guys like a merry-go-round.
A "butt-whippin" by the Norv Turner led Chargers??
Hardy har-har.
East Stroudsburg Eagles

Fleetwood, PA

#59 Aug 11, 2007
The Colts would be stupid not to sign James. He is a quality back that will do what the team needs and not for self glory. He is a very good short yardage back and he knows how to protect Payton's backside. Put an untested rookie in there to protect Payton's backside and you may be looking for a back up QB by seasons end. Better yet don't sign him and hopefully my Eagles will see the value in him and sign him!
Tiffany

Clarksville, TN

#60 Oct 3, 2007
For anyone who has any questions as to whether or not James can hang go back and look at his stats! I went to school with James and he truely has a gift! I think that he would be a great assest to the team with the years of experience he has.
yepper

Mechanicsburg, PA

#61 Oct 13, 2007
James has never recieved his chance to shine in the NFL. He came in to be a backup for the Indianapolis Colts after his NFL first pre-season with the Detroit Lions. And even going back to college years, he had to split carries in Syracuse as well. I don't think anyone realizes the potential gold mine they could be passing on. I am surprised that no one else has picked him up... Maybe his knee isn't at 100 percent yet. But if someone gives him a shot again, I believe everyone will know who he is!
james

Riegelsville, PA

#62 Apr 27, 2008
i think james mungro shuld stay with the colts bcuz 1st of all he iz my cuzin 4rm my dads side n i wil luv 2 c my cuzin play wit the colts bcuz they need him 4 a back up n i wil luv 2 c him on the field wit peyton
Colts fan

Utica, KY

#63 Apr 27, 2008
First we draft Mike Hart, now were looking at Mungro again (should have looked more at him last season), MAN KENTON KEITH has got to be shitting him pants hard core about being cut in training camp!!!!!!!!!!
Colts fan

Utica, KY

#65 Apr 27, 2008
COLTS IN 08 wrote:
Well looks like our chances with Tennissee RB Chris Brown are slime to none, he is already looking at Chicago his home town!!!!!!!
That guy signed w/Houston

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Addai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
News 2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
News Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
News Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
News Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
News Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
More from around the web