Rookie WR gives Colts more than they expected

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

Anthony Gonzalez's role was spelled out shortly after the Indianapolis Colts latched onto him with the final pick in the first round of the April draft.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chase

Peru, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Ok, how long will it take the trolls to show up and remind us that the Pats went 16-0? Relevant?
Purdue Sucks

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Mr. Stokley could have done the same thang, typical tho: get rid of one good player to a team so he can eventually help them win a superbowl...Indy is good at that
Colts Fan

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

I really though he was going to be our kick and punt returner all year.Since his playing time was pretty thin at the start of the season.He was so shifty in college I pictured him as our own version of the Bear's Hester
professor

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Go Gonzo!
Rick the Colts fan

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Chase wrote:
Ok, how long will it take the trolls to show up and remind us that the Pats went 16-0? Relevant?
The Patriots went 16-0. Too bad it will be 17-2.
Luke Lawton Fan Club

Wauconda, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Rick the Colts fan wrote:
<quoted text>The Patriots went 16-0. Too bad it will be 17-2.
Pats will go 16-1 when JAX beats the Steelers and travels up to Foxboro.
I predict that the Colts will host the Jaguars on Jan. 20 for the AFC Championship, and as a Colts fan, that scares the H E double L out of me!
Allen from Indy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

I love Stokely but he can't help you if he can't stay healthy, Stokely had a great year with Denver up until the time he got injured. It was time to part ways and Gonzo has got the full package, he just needs some experience.
hoofb

Holbrook, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

As a Pats fan, I don't read many comments from you Colts fans about Harrison's status. Dungy is doing a great job keeping everyone in suspense about him. However, the way you guys have played all season without Harrison, I'm not sure you really need him - and that's a scary thought for a Pats fan.

Oh, and by the way RICK THE COLTS FAN, you need to check your math. It's impossible for the Patriots to finish 17-2.

Since: Dec 07

Lebanon, In

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

hoofb wrote:
As a Pats fan, I don't read many comments from you Colts fans about Harrison's status. Dungy is doing a great job keeping everyone in suspense about him. However, the way you guys have played all season without Harrison, I'm not sure you really need him - and that's a scary thought for a Pats fan.
Oh, and by the way RICK THE COLTS FAN, you need to check your math. It's impossible for the Patriots to finish 17-2.
Thanks hoofb, I hate it when people get on here without a brain. 17-2, did the league go to double elimination overnight. What a Moron!

I really hope the Pats and the Colts get a chance to slug it out for the champiopnship but the Jags are a real Wild card this year and like they say, "Any givin Sunday!"
ColtsFan

Waunakee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

hoofb wrote:
That is a sensible post and since I am a Colts fan appreciate you not just coming here to brag about the undeafted season.

With that said, your comments do make sense. We've adjusted quite well (it wasn't pretty sometimes) with dealing with the injuries. If both the Colts and Pats make it to the final AFCG it will be a very exciting game, indeed.

Go Colts!
Beat the Chargers, Jax or Steelers!
Mookie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Colts Fan wrote:
I really though he was going to be our kick and punt returner all year.Since his playing time was pretty thin at the start of the season.He was so shifty in college I pictured him as our own version of the Bear's Hester
I agree! TJ Rushing has digressed in this role. He started out terrible, but then for a while was actually getting upfield and learning. But with the help of Russ Purnell, he runs all over the field, but never upfield, and he always fields punts inside the ten. Gonzo has potential!
wise colt fan

Christiansburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

GONZO,ITS YOUR TIME TO SHOW&SHINE,THAT RING WILL ALSO BE SHINEING TOO !!!!!!!

Since: Sep 07

Lebanon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

I think Rick meant that while the Pats started 16-0, the Colts will finish 17-2 on the way to winning the Super Bowl. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this.
trublu29

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Hats off hoofb... excellent perspective and a refreshing Pats fan - THNAK YOU!

Our Colts are going to have to come prepared for EVERY game with the desire to win and not the nervousness of what lies ahead...
Still hanging in there

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Browndog wrote:
I think Rick meant that while the Pats started 16-0, the Colts will finish 17-2 on the way to winning the Super Bowl. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on this.
You and Rick must have gone to the same school for simple math. The Colts have 3 losses. 17 - 2 isn't a posibility. It would be a real shame if some team like Jax knock off the daunted undefeated Pats prior to the AFC championship game.
Good Night

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Browndog wrote:
The colts can't go 17-2 they already lost 3. Get it right before you start posting comments.
don

Francesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Fantastic job GONZO! Picked up the offense & the pressure didn't seem to get to you. 2008 Receivers - Wayne,[Harrison], Gonzalez, Thorpe & Armosadue? Unless we draft a couple of WR.
Colts Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

I thought the same thing about Rick's math. No way from here on in that the Pats can have more than one loss. I don't talk about Marvin because the Colts will play Marvin when they are ready and need Marvin.

Since: Apr 07

Indianapolis

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Purdue Sucks wrote:
Mr. Stokley could have done the same thang, typical tho: get rid of one good player to a team so he can eventually help them win a superbowl...Indy is good at that
Judging by your post you're either Jeff George or Jason Whitlock. Andre Rison and Ken Dilger are the only two on the list to win not being with the Colts. Gonzo plays both positions and had he not jammed his hand on the first play of the New England game..... This isn't the same Team that trades talent. Nice try Jeff!
reg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 2, 2008

Purdue Sucks wrote:
Stokely is older and cost more. They got good production from a rookie at a cheap price compared to having to write the big check that Denver wrote

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joseph Addai Discussions

Search the Joseph Addai Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••