Colts are lighting up scoreboard again

Colts are lighting up scoreboard again

There are 188 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Dec 11, 2007, titled Colts are lighting up scoreboard again. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Four minutes after halftime Sunday night at M&T Bank Stadium, the Indianapolis Colts had a 297-50 margin in net yards and a 44-7 advantage on the scoreboard.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Indyfan

United States

#1 Dec 11, 2007
Keep the faith Colts fans!
CotlsFan

Middleton, WI

#2 Dec 11, 2007
It was a shock to my system watching the offense struggle last month, but the last three games have been proof that Manning and Co. are baaaaaack.

Go Colts! Beat the Raiders!
Lets Go

Bellevue, KY

#3 Dec 11, 2007
Gillett stadium here we come!
Maxx

Pineville, LA

#4 Dec 11, 2007
The Colts are going to be ready to defend their Super Bowl title once the playoffs get here. The defense is better then last year. Even with loss of three defensive players.
And the offense should have all its key players back on the field. Along with some who have stepped up when needed when injuries took others out.
Yes, it's starting to come together. And just at the right time.

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!
ColtFanSince1958

Port Washington, NY

#5 Dec 11, 2007
Colts are under the radar...I live a few miles north of NYC and I barely hear about them (COlts)....all the sports talk is about the local teams, the Patriots, Cowboys and Brett Favre....Colts are in a great position to repeat...without the pressure!!
Colt fan

Fishers, IN

#6 Dec 11, 2007
Tom Brady, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven,
God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a
faded Patriots flag in the window. "This house is yours for
eternity, Tom," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up
here."

Tom felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up
the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a
3-story mansion with a blue and white sidewalk, a 50 foot tall
flagpole with an enormous Colts logo flag, and in every window,
an Indianapolis Colts towel.

Tom looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful,
but I have a question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I
even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point, Tom?"

"Well, why does Peyton Manning get a better house than me?"
God chuckled, and said "Tom, that's not Peyton's house, it's mine."
One man

Frankfort, IN

#7 Dec 11, 2007
Hopefully the time off has been good for Harrison.. the Colts will need him if/when they play New England again. If Marvin can show up for that one, the Colts can definitely take a great shot at repeating.
Patriotreign

Worcester, MA

#8 Dec 11, 2007
Tom Brady once again was the most valuable player in the NFL this week, according to Football Outsiders' DPAR stats. Brady's 399-yard game against the top-rated defense in football was one of the top 10 games of the past dozen years according to DPAR, and with three games still left to play, Brady has passed Peyton Manning for the highest-ever passing DPAR in a single season.

(DPAR stands for Defense-adjusted Points Above Replacement; Click here to learn more about what these numbers mean and how they are computed.)
How ridiculous is Brady's 2007 season? We have play-by-play breakdown, and thus DPAR stats, going back to 1996. During that 12-year period, four of the top 10 quarterback games have been put up by Tom Brady during the 2007 season. Here's a look at the top 10:

Player Year Week vs. DPAR Details
Trent Green 2002 4 MIA 24.8 24-of-34, 328 yards, 5 TD, 48 rush yards
Tom Brady 2007 6 DAL 23.1 31-of-46, 388 yards, 5 TD
Boomer Esiason 1996 13 PHI 22.9 24-of-43, 367 yards, 3 TD, 32 rush yards
Marc Bulger 2002 10 SD 22.8 36-of-48, 453 yards, 4 TD
John Elway 1998 17 SEA 21.4 26-of-36, 338 yards, 4 TD
Tom Brady 2007 11 BUF 21.2 31-of-39, 373 yards, 5 TD
Jeff Garcia 2000 6 OAK 21.0 28-of-41, 336 yards, 4 TD
Tom Brady 2007 14 PIT 20.9 32-of-46, 399 yards, 4 TD
Randall Cunningham 1998 5 GB 20.7 20-of-32, 442 yards, 4 TD
Tom Brady 2007 7 MIA 20.6 21-of-25, 354 yards, 6 TD
Patriotreign

Worcester, MA

#9 Dec 11, 2007
THe Colts & Pats are back after a lull for both. They will meet for the AFC championship, it is pre-ordained, in what should be an al-time classic game. Looks like it will be in Foxboro. Health will make a big difference for both, will Harrison be back?? Can the Pats run the ball, what will the weather/field conditions be??? I thought it was a two team league with the Pats/Colts but now I think it will be one of the best Suer Bowlls ever if the Boyz make it there (which they should). Pats/Boyz or Colts/Boyz will be awesome....
BadWeatherColtsF an

Marysville, OH

#10 Dec 11, 2007
I remember playing ball and if you beat the team that your rivals (i.e pats) just beat by 3 points - by 30 plus points (taking into account where the score was before we pulled Manning, etc.)- then you got a feeling that the next time you meet your rivals (pats)- you were going to beat them. This was of course no guarantee, just a good strong feeling that you could beat them when you get your next chance ... and notice the absence of the chest thumping by pats fans on Indystar blogs this week. Pats fans are strangely silent (and worried) about the ominous Blue "storm" on the horizon.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#11 Dec 11, 2007
Colt fan wrote:
here."
LOL, that was cute.
Patriotreign

Worcester, MA

#12 Dec 11, 2007
Colt fan wrote:
here."
DER....
Patriotreign

Worcester, MA

#13 Dec 11, 2007
CotlsFan wrote:
It was a shock to my system watching the offense struggle last month, but the last three games have been proof that Manning and Co. are baaaaaack.
Go Colts! Beat the Raiders!
Like Stella, the Colts have got their groove back, but remember this the Pats have beaten the 2,3,4, ranked teams, two on the road (Colts, Cowboys on the road, Steelers , Chargers at home), were battle tested and ready for all challenges....

Colts
Oops

Marysville, OH

#14 Dec 11, 2007
Patriotreign wrote:
Here's a look at the top 10:
...yeah and if you recall, the Titanic wasn't supposed to sink.
GO Colts

Fort Thomas, KY

#15 Dec 11, 2007
Patriotreign wrote:
Tom Brady once again was the most valuable player in the NFL this week, according to Football Outsiders' DPAR stats. Brady's 399-yard game against the top-rated defense in football was one of the top 10 games of the past dozen years according to DPAR, and with three games still left to play, Brady has passed Peyton Manning for the highest-ever passing DPAR in a single season.
(DPAR stands for Defense-adjusted Points Above Replacement; Click here to learn more about what these numbers mean and how they are computed.)
How ridiculous is Brady's 2007 season? We have play-by-play breakdown, and thus DPAR stats, going back to 1996. During that 12-year period, four of the top 10 quarterback games have been put up by Tom Brady during the 2007 season. Here's a look at the top 10:
What's the point of this post?
Kreacher

Santa Clara, CA

#16 Dec 11, 2007
BadWeatherColtsFan wrote:
I remember playing ball and if you beat the team that your rivals (i.e pats) just beat by 3 points - by 30 plus points (taking into account where the score was before we pulled Manning, etc.)- then you got a feeling that the next time you meet your rivals (pats)- you were going to beat them. This was of course no guarantee, just a good strong feeling that you could beat them when you get your next chance ... and notice the absence of the chest thumping by pats fans on Indystar blogs this week. Pats fans are strangely silent (and worried) about the ominous Blue "storm" on the horizon.
Nah, we're not absent. Well, the Pats beat SD and the Colts LOST to them so maybe the Pats will have that great inner feeling too.....it means nothing. When the Pats face off against the Colts (which should happen!) then we will know what will happen. These two teams are so evenly matched it will be a matter of a few plays probably.

Without Freeney your pass rush suffers. It's still good, but it definitely suffers. Without Colvin, our runnning D suffers.

We both have some injuries but both teams are deep enough to adjust. Frankly, January can't get here soon enough. This is great stuff.
GO Colts

Fort Thomas, KY

#17 Dec 11, 2007
Patriotreign wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Stella, the Colts have got their groove back, but remember this the Pats have beaten the 2,3,4, ranked teams, two on the road (Colts, Cowboys on the road, Steelers , Chargers at home), were battle tested and ready for all challenges....
Colts
Worried? You should be.
Will

Austin, TX

#18 Dec 11, 2007
Very impressive performance Sunday night, but the Ravens were missing BOTH of their starting CB's and were emotionally depleted. It was a great win, but lets hold off on saying the offense is just top notch all the sudden. They need Harrison back first.
Go Blue

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Dec 11, 2007
Patriotreign wrote:
<quoted text>
Colts
The real question will be the first playoff game for the Patriots...the Jags. Here is what the AFC playoff picture is going to look like...

Patriots #1 seed with a bye.
Colts #2 seed with a bye.
Steelers #3 seed
Chargers #4 seed
Jags #5 seed
Probably the Browns #6...could be the Titans, but a lot has to work out for them...

Divisional playoffs will look like this...

Patriots v. Jags
Colts v. Steelers

If the Pats get by the Jags and the Colts get by the Steelers, it will be the rematch in Foxborough...WITH MARVIN.

But I tell you what, the Patriots better watch out for the Jags. They are a TOUGH running team, and if they get the beat on, and their defense is healthy in the snowy, blistery New England, it is not unthinkable to have a choke like the Colts did in 2005, when, if you remember, the Colts started 13-0. Now, the Patriots should go 16-0 unless they completely stumble down the stretch, which i do not think they will.

Honestly, I would love to see a Colts v. Patriots in Foxborough. I think it will be a great game. It will all depend on the weather, and if Brady and company can pass and catch in a blizzard? The Colts have a running game...the Patriots running game is not all that strong.

Here come the playoffs!
Will

Austin, TX

#20 Dec 11, 2007
BadWeatherColtsFan wrote:
Come on, dont use that logic! I used to use this logic when i was 10! There are some vast differences in the Ravens personnel and emotions between the Colts and Pats games. I hate the Pats and think the Colts have a very good chance to beat them in Jan, but not by using this logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Addai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
News 2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
News Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
News Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
News Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
News Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
More from around the web