Timetable on Harrison's return for Co...

Timetable on Harrison's return for Colts remains uncertain

There are 137 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 19, 2007, titled Timetable on Harrison's return for Colts remains uncertain. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian said Monday that Pro Bowl wide receiver Marvin Harrison's injured left knee is sound, stable and mechanically functional, describing it as a "minor sprain" along with a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
GET WELL SOON

AOL

#1 Nov 20, 2007
Mr. Harrison, Get Well Soon! The fans miss you.
Pacercolt99

United States

#2 Nov 20, 2007
Hey, I have torn my bursa sac and let me tell you, it hurts. Take your time Marvin, we need you more later than now!
Lets go Colts

United States

#3 Nov 20, 2007
This is very consistent with what I have heard from outside sources who have access to the Colts training staff. They have been telling me for two weeks now that he COULD play, but the Colts have zero interest in hurrying him back given how Pittsburg lost this past weekend. The Colts staff have reportedly been torn between how long to keep him out versus losing the grip on the 2nd seed in the playoffs. Now that Pitt lost last week they have pushed Marvin's return date back another week. They apparently feel they can win out whether Marvin is there or not, but if they lose a game or two in the next few weeks you will see him back. My feeling is that if they continue to win out, he wont be back until the playoffs.

The staff seems to feel that this could turn into a huge advantage in the playoffs if they could get him back to 100%. My source is quoted as saying "whats the rush? If we can get the 2 seed without bringing him back and give him two weeks to get into game shape for the playoffs, we can catch a team off guard with our explosive offense back to full go. That would force the Patriots to scrap their tape of the game earlier this season because having Marvin out there changes everything defensively."

Must say I agree with that take.
CotlsFan

Waunakee, WI

#4 Nov 20, 2007
Get well soon, Marvin. We miss you a whole lot, but we'd rather have you miss now rather than later. (It's hard though...not used to the offense struggling so much.)
Richard in CT

Peabody, MA

#5 Nov 20, 2007
yeah--sit him out for Atlanta and see how he is in December.
Colts Fan

Carmel, IN

#6 Nov 20, 2007
I just hope when and if Marvin returns he won't be so tight he can't run. It is disheartening to the fans to know we are really struggling, Sunday was no picnic in the park, and the MD's have released Marvin 3 weeks ago, but he is still on the sidelines with warm ups on. Just hope the hole is not to big when he gets back. I see where the guys on other teams are playing through a lot of pain. Guess they have the guts of a football team player and hope they don't suffer for it later in life. Most of them are a lot younger than Marvin.
Miss him

United States

#7 Nov 20, 2007
We all miss him but it would have been nice if Polian had been more forthright early on about what exactly this was...
Hoosier Fan

Delaware, OH

#8 Nov 20, 2007
I'm sorry, but I guess i don't feel coaches or Mr. Polian owe us an explanation. Get Well Soon Marvin. We miss you!

“Deport All Illegal Aliens!!”

Since: Jul 07

Speedway, Indiana

#9 Nov 20, 2007
The real issue is what his level of conditioning will be when he does return. It will be a short season for him. Marvin needs to be ready for the playoffs.
Grendels04

Stockton, NJ

#10 Nov 20, 2007
Colts Fan wrote:
I just hope when and if Marvin returns he won't be so tight he can't run. It is disheartening to the fans to know we are really struggling, Sunday was no picnic in the park, and the MD's have released Marvin 3 weeks ago, but he is still on the sidelines with warm ups on. Just hope the hole is not to big when he gets back. I see where the guys on other teams are playing through a lot of pain. Guess they have the guts of a football team player and hope they don't suffer for it later in life. Most of them are a lot younger than Marvin.
There is no point in rushing him back, having him play one week, then be out for two, back for one, etc. Some of the "play through the pain" cr*p is just that, cr*p. And, I'm not talking about later in life issues, I'm talking about later in season issues. These past several weeks have been close to h*ll on earth for our team, but I respect this decision. I want Marvin hungry and at 100% for the playoffs.

With regards to any tightness, I doubt that will be an issue. He has been running for a couple weeks now.
Matte 41

Columbus, OH

#11 Nov 20, 2007
Tough break for Marv, Clark, Gonzo and Fletcher. Moorehead needs to step it up.
Tom

Utica, KY

#13 Nov 20, 2007
I really wish Marvin was healthy enough to play against Atlanta because I have tickets. However he needs to heal so he can kick butt in the playoffs.
BET

Columbia, SC

#14 Nov 20, 2007
Obvioulsy the Colts need all the haelp they can get at this point...as does every team in the league does when competing against "you know who".

Marvin coming back will help but it wont salvage the season. Myabe IF WE would have made some moves in the off-season's we would have more than 1 Super Bowl!
Steel Curtain

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 20, 2007
As long as the Colts get healthy they have just as good a chance as the pats... I am a Steeler fan but they are playing like crap..I hope if the pats beat the steelers in week 14 that they do go 16-0 until the playoffs...so the colts can beat them and upset the world
BET

Columbia, SC

#16 Nov 20, 2007
Lets go Colts wrote:
This is very consistent with what I have heard from outside sources who have access to the Colts training staff. They have been telling me for two weeks now that he COULD play, but the Colts have zero interest in hurrying him back given how Pittsburg lost this past weekend. The Colts staff have reportedly been torn between how long to keep him out versus losing the grip on the 2nd seed in the playoffs. Now that Pitt lost last week they have pushed Marvin's return date back another week. They apparently feel they can win out whether Marvin is there or not, but if they lose a game or two in the next few weeks you will see him back. My feeling is that if they continue to win out, he wont be back until the playoffs.
The staff seems to feel that this could turn into a huge advantage in the playoffs if they could get him back to 100%. My source is quoted as saying "whats the rush? If we can get the 2 seed without bringing him back and give him two weeks to get into game shape for the playoffs, we can catch a team off guard with our explosive offense back to full go. That would force the Patriots to scrap their tape of the game earlier this season because having Marvin out there changes everything defensively."
Must say I agree with that take.
Are you kidding me with this??????????

Same outcome regardless we have to deal with we're not even close to being as good as you know who.

You all keep kidding yourselves with lame azz excusee!
My two cents

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Nov 20, 2007
Play him right now. No more waiting. If he can run, he should play. Quit with the nonsense and get this Colts offense tuned up and running smoothly. You just can't turn it on like a faucet in the playoffs. You need to have Marv in the lineup every game.

As a Marvin Harrison fan, I want to see him play in all the games. Suck it up Marvin! It's time to get back on the field.
BET

Columbia, SC

#19 Nov 20, 2007
BET wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me with this??????????
Same outcome regardless we have to deal with we're not even close to being as good as you know who.
You all keep kidding yourselves with lame azz excusee!
WOW I REALLY JACKED THIS ONE UP!

Basically what I was trying to say was the game would have been the same outcome regardless of who palyed. Thye are in a league of their own. When you a being considered as on of the best teams ever you must be preety good. There has never been a point where the Colts were considered one of the best teams ever!
Steel Curtain

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Nov 20, 2007
LOOK ANOTHER 12 YEAR OLD
johnjohn

United States

#21 Nov 20, 2007
get the man some HGH and he'll back on his feet in no time!
Colts fan

Waukegan, IL

#22 Nov 20, 2007
BET wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW I REALLY JACKED THIS ONE UP!
Basically what I was trying to say was the game would have been the same outcome regardless of who palyed. Thye are in a league of their own. When you a being considered as on of the best teams ever you must be preety good. There has never been a point where the Colts were considered one of the best teams ever!
Hmmmm... 2005 the Colts won 14 straight games and were the team to beat..I cannot remember them being called the 'perfect team' but they looked unstoppable till the playoffs..Yes, Manning was known to 'choke' in the playoffs where Brady is not..but the Pats can be beat and I don't believe they will go undefeated till the playoffs. I think they will get too big for their britches (already happening) and someone will take them down a notch. And it would be nice to take Kraft and Belicheat down as well.

But to comment on Marvin.. He needs to be 100% when he returns, I would hate to see his knee injured further and have this be a career ending injury..Though the team obviously needs him, but he needs to take care of himself. You know he wants to return, this has got to be hard on him.
Get well Marvin!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Addai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
News 2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
News Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
News Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
News Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
News Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
More from around the web