Manning, Colts escape Dome with win

Manning, Colts escape Dome with win

There are 228 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 14, 2008, titled Manning, Colts escape Dome with win. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. The Indianapolis Colts' vaunted offense struggled for nearly three quarters.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
ViKING

United States

#1 Sep 14, 2008
Cowher is available-it's over! No more! This is pathetic and inexcuable-TJ should never play another down in the NFL
flafan

United States

#2 Sep 14, 2008
how much longer will the owner go with the coach and the QB?-neither belong in the NFL. This is another throw away season unless he makes a move NOW!!
bugs

Farmington, MN

#3 Sep 14, 2008
Its childress's fault , he put his neck out for Tjack for whatever reason..neithe should be in in the NFL
Knaeble89

Hoyt Lakes, MN

#4 Sep 14, 2008
I wish Wilf would fire Childress today. We have the worst and dumbest coach in the NFL by far. I can't believe that with an 8 point lead, looking at a 49 yard field goal, he would decide to run Chester Taylor on a 3rd and 5 in the fourth quarter. So what happens? Longwell misses the 49 yarder and it allows the Colts to tie up the game with one score. I don't believe the crowd was booing Tavaris Jackson near as much as they were booing Brad Childress. Childress is giving Jackson no chance to succeed if he doesn't let him try to throw to win a game, especially on that 3rd and 5. Just give him the option to throw or run. It would have worked at that field position. Conversely, it was way too predictable in poor field position at the end of the game when Childress called the play inside our own 10 yard line and Jackson hit Tahi for no gain and we had to punt and let the Colts win the game. Another terrible decision by Childress was to let the return team try to return the final kickoff with 3 seconds left in the game. You have no chance to win the game with a return in that situation. However, he should have known that they would squib that final kickoff and he should have told his players to field it and immediately down the ball. We would have had the ball at least at the 30 yard line and I know that Jackson can throw the ball 75 yards at least, and you have a way better chance to win the game with a hail mary or hope for an interference penalty. Very poor strategy by Childress. By far though, the dumbest decision Childress made in the game was when the Colts had no timeouts left and completed their last pass to Wayne, he should have used one of his two timeouts and stopped the clock. I believe that there was about 25 seconds left in the game and the Colts still would have had to attempt their field goal because they had no timeouts left. That would have given the Vikings over 20 seconds left to receive a kickoff and run several plays to try and get into field goal position. They would have still had one timeout left to use. Instead, the idiot Childress lets the clock run down and sits on his two timeouts and leaves the Vikings with no time on the clock to work with. I put the opener and this loss especially squarely on Childress' shoulders. He has all the talent in the world and he is the only thing holding the Vikings back now. It is clear that the NFL is way over Childress' head and I hope he is fired either during the season or immediately after it is over because he is a terrible coach and is not smart enough to coach at this level.
P.S. Oh yeah, cut Visanthe Shiancoe too!
Kat

United States

#5 Sep 14, 2008
That was the most pathetic display by "professional" athletes I've seen in...well, since last time the queens played.

Better brace yourselves for cliches and excuses and lots and lots of whisper talking. God is that irritating!

Go Pack Go :)
Vikesrchokers

Saint Paul, MN

#6 Sep 14, 2008
Turdvirus Jackson needs to go.
Pete

Wheaton, IL

#7 Sep 14, 2008
Poop
Pete

Wheaton, IL

#8 Sep 14, 2008
Double poop
Kat

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2008
Vikesrchokers wrote:
Turdvirus Jackson needs to go.
LOL - Best nickname EVER!!!
mwgfret

London, Canada

#10 Sep 14, 2008
Excellent.
Kooskin

Kalamazoo, MI

#11 Sep 14, 2008
How the hell can they lose that friggin game. Shiancoe stinks, why not throw it to Mills or Kleinsasser. Another S H I T season in the offing.
cant take it anymore

United States

#12 Sep 14, 2008
Cut me and I bleed purple, However with the seasons we have endured since Childress arrived, and this one, I wil not watch or go to another game, Ziggy do us all a favor and get rid of this loser and his pet Tjack. Loyalty only goes so far, stay with this team and I will turn onto a drunk
cynic

Marysville, WA

#13 Sep 14, 2008
How is the world going to spell looooooser??? TAVARIS Jackson. Yuck and a kick in the butt to the fools who drafted him and continue to wreck a above average team with Tavaris's lack of intellect and decision making ability.
A perfect horror of a season is developing. Pray that the defense does not let him on the field. A real man would accept his inadequacy and quit. NOT that fool, instead Tavaris is walking back to the huddle after poorly reading the defense and poorly passing the ball with a grin on his face.
Adrian Peterson and Taylor with anyone else handing them the ball with our line would be a winner if the coaching gets with it on play design and calls.
I personally hope anything happens that gets rid of Tavaris off this team just get rid of this massive debit.
Sorry to the rest of the team for getting saddled with a unproven and inadequate quarterback. I can not imagine what it would feel like to have to try and team with this guy.
With out a change at quarterback this team will go four wins and the rest losses but the good news is maybe a coach change to someone who can be inovative and not be a stubborn "I am always right" like Childress.
Need QB

AOL

#14 Sep 14, 2008
Childress is a terrible head coach. Vikings could be really good team if it wasnt for stupid playcalling and that of being too predictable and safe. FG's are not going to win games. They dont have any receivers that can get open, and when they do, TJack doesnt throw it anywhere near them. And when it is there, they cant catch it because they have stone hands. Feel sorry for AP has he has to take a beating and try to carry the offense on his shoulders. Great player, just no offensive support.
Hire Cowher Now

Saint Paul, MN

#15 Sep 14, 2008
I have been a supporter of the Chilly run organization for the past two years but after what i have seen the past two games enough is enough. Chilly has had plenty of time to implement his "kick ass offense" hire the personal people he has wanted and created "his team". What does he have to show for it? The most predictable offense in the NFL, a failed quarterback experience that he is the last to know about and finally is close to creating a mutiny with fans. I for one would like to see Zygi get involved and tell chilly if we don't make the playoffs he is out. Cowher said he is not coaching in 2008 but he never said anything 'bout '09. I would like to see the Vikings stay the Minnesota vikings and not the LA or Toronto vikings but until we get a new coach and QB the possibility of a new stadium dwindles with every game. I also feel bad for the veterans we have on this team. We have all the elements to be a SB caliber team minus the two most important positions.... QB and Head coach.

Bill Cowher named head coach of vikings come Feb of '09.

Since: Sep 08

Duluth, MN

#16 Sep 14, 2008
Childress and Retardus Jackson both need to go...The only thing this team has is a decent defence and AP. That and a play book with all of 4 plays. I hope they lose every game so Wilf will realize that its time to clean house again
kaziklubey

Randolph, MA

#17 Sep 14, 2008
In a way- I almost feel bad for Jackson. Probably always wanted to play in the NFL since he started football. Probably believes in his heart he can become something very good.
Childress should STOP sending this kid out there. Jackson is NOT the answer, but it's "Chil-Duress"
who won't back down. In the end, ultimately it's Chills who won't acknowledge his failure.
I've already read some of the Koolaid Jackson fans on other boards. Same old story-"dropped passes"-, blame childress/Bevell for "bad playcalling"-give jackson more time.

I was thinking that perhaps Chills/Bevell call these games the way they do because they want to keep it as simple and as easy for Jackson as they can. Which, if after all this time with Jackson(YES-Jackson should UNDERSTAND the plays after 3 years of being with the organization)-they have to dumb the gameplan down so much to make it THIS predictable, in order for jackson to ""get it"-then why his he THE QB?
But then I remember Brad Johnson circa 2006. He suffered from REALLY bad receivers-worse than Jackson. Plus he wasn't on his game either. But Childress called games like this as well in 2006

The problem really is symbiotic. Chills & Jackson.

Wasted a nice effort by the D. Wasted another game by Peterson;

14 for 24. Better than 16 for 35.
I wonder which week this year jackson will bust out and become "Peyton Brady"
Till then-
Chills will be handing out the Purple Koolaid-
ZygiZag

Steen, MN

#18 Sep 14, 2008
This offense (with the exception of Peterson) STINKS. And Allen, how about showing up on third downs. FIRE BRAD NOW. BRING BACK BUD GRANT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR AND HAVE HIM HELP YOU FIND A NEW HEAD COACH AT THE END OF THE YEAR. With Bud a as coach he would correctly evaluate his talant, sit TJ, scrap the zone blocking and probably use AP and CT better.
Tommy

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Sep 14, 2008
Ahh... Duh... It takes touchdowns to win games not field goals!!!

Like I said... "The Vikings [email protected]#K!!!"
ZygiZag

Steen, MN

#20 Sep 14, 2008
Brad wants consistancy. Well he already has it. His offense is consistangly bad, perdictable and he puts his players in the best position to lose. AP coming out on third downs. No split backfield with you have two great backs. And Zone blocking when you have big guys on the line.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joseph Addai Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News An early look at how the Patriots roster stands... (Jun '12) Jun '12 No One Special 1
News 2011 Indianapolis Colts season in review (Jan '12) Jan '12 Yep 4
News Friday notes: Rey out for Colts; Skuta on deck;... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Smellthefarts 2
News Irsay: 'Outside chance' Peyton back in Dec. (Sep '11) Sep '11 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Colts QB Manning out after another neck surgery (Sep '11) Sep '11 Colts Fan-atic 8
News Vikings offer RBs coaching job to fired Colts a... (Jan '11) Feb '11 Newtonfarts 92
News Pittsburgh RB loses a yard (Dec '10) Dec '10 Oh yeah 1
More from around the web