Mike Vandermause column: Packers wast...

Mike Vandermause column: Packers wasting potent offensive weapon Jennings

There are 3 comments on the Green Bay Press-Gazette story from Oct 13, 2010, titled Mike Vandermause column: Packers wasting potent offensive weapon Jennings. In it, Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that:

Unlike many of his teammates, Green Bay Packers wide receiver Greg Jennings has managed to stay healthy this season, although you would never know it based on his meager statistics.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Bay Press-Gazette.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Oct 13, 2010
Mike Vandermause is blaming Rodgers. Wow. I think Vandermause has sunk to a new low. And that is not easy for Vandermause!

Rodgers is following his progressions. He would throw to Jennings if he was open when he's looking for him. Every receiver will get open occassionally after the QB has diverted attention elsewhere and the pressure is causing the QB to run out of time. Vandermause says plenty of things that make no sense. Blaming Rodgers is perhaps the goofiest thing I've ever heard from the guy.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#2 Oct 13, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
Mike Vandermause is blaming Rodgers. Wow. I think Vandermause has sunk to a new low. And that is not easy for Vandermause!
Rodgers is following his progressions. He would throw to Jennings if he was open when he's looking for him. Every receiver will get open occassionally after the QB has diverted attention elsewhere and the pressure is causing the QB to run out of time. Vandermause says plenty of things that make no sense. Blaming Rodgers is perhaps the goofiest thing I've ever heard from the guy.
I have the NFL package at home and DVR games I want to see so I have seen 3 of 5 Packer games in their entirety and I agree with you, nothing that I have seen indicates anything wrong with your QB.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Oct 14, 2010
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>I have the NFL package at home and DVR games I want to see so I have seen 3 of 5 Packer games in their entirety and I agree with you, nothing that I have seen indicates anything wrong with your QB.
Aaron's decision-making is one of his strengths. I can assure anyone that he wouldn't intentionally NOT throw to an open Jennings. Vandermause suggests that the coaches order Rodgers to throw to Jennings. That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Design more plays to get Jennings open, but don't order a QB to throw to someone that is covered. Sports writers drive me crazy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jordy Nelson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers trying to get Randall Cobb signed Feb '15 GBPmies 1
News Making a case for MVP: Packers' Aaron Rodgers t... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Laughing Bear Fan 62
News Green Bay Packers: Dropped passes prove devasta... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Johnny JamBoogie 4
News Shy of the Packers' Run Game, Team Limiting Gro... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Pete SamprAssfarts 2
News Pats are unanimous No. 1 in AP Pro32 rankings (Nov '14) Dec '14 Flatulence Fred 43
News Jordy Nelson deserving of his SI cover shot (Nov '14) Nov '14 Dr Flatus 3
News Green Bay Packers: Is Aaron Rodgers focusing to... (Sep '14) Nov '14 Ted 13
More from around the web