ESPN blog: Ex-UTEP QB Jordan Palmer trying for leadership role with Bengals

Full story: El Paso Times 12
With one Palmer doing everything he can to get out of Cincinnati, another Palmer is trying to take over a leadership role with the Bengals. Full Story
JP sucks

Houston, TX

#1 Mar 2, 2011
maybe he should learn how to throw and make good decisions first. He's only on the team because of his brother, he will be released as son as Carson is gone.

Since: Nov 10

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Mar 2, 2011
a crappy organization needs a crappy quarterback

Jordan Shipley & Ray Malauga deserve better
LOL

El Paso, TX

#3 Mar 2, 2011
They both suc as QB's, no one should hire them.
Lisa

El Paso, TX

#4 Mar 2, 2011
He's clearly on a roll now and with his brother's departure, he's set to step in and bring the Bengals back. He can throw a spiral like nobody's business and his handoffs are as smooth as silk. I would not be surprised at all to see him in the Pro Bowl next year and it couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. He always treated the female fans with respect while he was here at UTEP.
Lets get serious

El Paso, TX

#5 Mar 2, 2011
this is maybe the silliest article ever written Palmer threw 70 interceptions in a utep jersey and has silently plotting in this moment of crises lockout pending big bro-ski wanting out. this is his moment to pounce on the scene. oh man this was an amazing piece of news.
Football fan

Arlington, TX

#6 Mar 2, 2011
Give me a break, tell him to go live off the $80M his brother stole from the Bengals.
Mr-D ElPaso

United States

#7 Mar 2, 2011
Thi just goes to show you money is thicker than blood.
Walmart Pesos 8 cents

El Paso, TX

#8 Mar 2, 2011
Right on Jordan Palmer. He is a smart guy and down to earth.

He did his homework and takes his responsibilities seriously. He didn't walk around like he was some arrogant jerk entertaining stalker groupies or pass off other's work as his own. And he didn't brag about how great he was or surround himself with phony flatterers blowing smoke at his ego.

He was well liked and respected on campus, which is rare for someone who's brother is in the NFL.

He will go far because he's willing to work at it. Best of the best to Jordan Palmer.
Canada beckons

Pasadena, TX

#9 Mar 2, 2011
....so he can throw more interceptions?

Saint Paul, MN

#10 Mar 3, 2011
Walmart Pesos 8 cents wrote:
Right on Jordan Palmer. He is a smart guy and down to earth.
He did his homework and takes his responsibilities seriously. He didn't walk around like he was some arrogant jerk entertaining stalker groupies or pass off other's work as his own. And he didn't brag about how great he was or surround himself with phony flatterers blowing smoke at his ego.
He was well liked and respected on campus, which is rare for someone who's brother is in the NFL.
He will go far because he's willing to work at it. Best of the best to Jordan Palmer.
I don't know what Jordan Palmer you are talking about, but the Jordan Palmer I saw at the Ray Mickens youth football camp was a straight up arrogant DlCK acting like he was Carson Palmer!
He talked alot about himself and where he came from and how hard the combine was, but didn't once encourage the group of kids he was talking to , to fight, not give up, work hard, stay out of trouble etc, etc etc.

He was making it about him and the road that he traveled.
Lisa

El Paso, TX

#11 Mar 3, 2011
PAC10Representin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what Jordan Palmer you are talking about, but the Jordan Palmer I saw at the Ray Mickens youth football camp was a straight up arrogant DlCK acting like he was Carson Palmer!
He talked alot about himself and where he came from and how hard the combine was, but didn't once encourage the group of kids he was talking to , to fight, not give up, work hard, stay out of trouble etc, etc etc.
He was making it about him and the road that he traveled.
Jealous much? All of these star athletes have to play it big time at these camps because that's what the kids want to see. If the kids are going to work hard to reach their full potential, they have to know about the perks of being a big time athlete like Jordan is which is why the athletes roll up in a Jag, flash their bling and brag about all the tail they get.

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Mar 3, 2011
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
Jealous much? All of these star athletes have to play it big time at these camps because that's what the kids want to see. If the kids are going to work hard to reach their full potential, they have to know about the perks of being a big time athlete like Jordan is which is why the athletes roll up in a Jag, flash their bling and brag about all the tail they get.
Jealous of what?

Jordan Palmer is an athelete, but not a "STAR" athlete!
Maybe UTEP considers him a Saint, but he's not exactly a Heisman winner like his brother , nor did he exactly change the culture of UTEP football.
If the kids wanted to see stars, than I am sure Ray Mickens could've brought in some former JETS players that he played with back in the day that have more reputable names.
But is't about serving the community and I get that, and Jordan did his part in showing up.

So Jordan has a Jaguar??!!
LOL, sorry, I thought "STAR" athletes drove the Bentely's, the AMG's, Range Rovers and Aston Martin's.
Not a glorified luxury FORD!!!
But anyways, my point is....Jordan was talking about himself and how he had to fight to get ahead on the rough streets of Mission Viejo!!!
I didn't see him reach out to the kids and tell them what THEY need to do while they are at that age, and to stay out of trouble. hit the books, practice hard etc.

I saw his speech more a me, me, me mentality, didn't really see hin get one on one with the kids, after the event was over, didn't really see him mix it up, mingle with the kids, but more or less with his buddies.
Correction, he was signing autographs, but that was it. didn't really engage in conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jordan Palmer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jags' Henne, Bortles sharp in 20-19 loss to Bears Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 9
Emery deserves times for vision to evolve (May '14) May '14 Bearloney 2
Chicago Bears Rumors: Team to Sign Josh Freeman? (Apr '14) Apr '14 Tresturd 2
Palmer strives to make most of rare opportunity (Aug '13) Aug '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 4
Bengals tap Dalton to become starting QB | The ... (Apr '11) Jul '11 Brafarts 4
Cincinnati Bengals 2011 NFL Mock Draft: Complet... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Gabbi 2
Broncos at Bengals: Tebow to make preseason debut (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruby 10
More from around the web