EXCLUSIVE: Bears Taking Keen Interest In Mendenhall

Full story: NBC 5 Chicago

Peggy Kusinski reports the Bears' visit with Illinois running back Rashard Mendenhall may have surprised even themselves.
Comments
21 - 34 of 34 Comments Last updated Apr 27, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
james

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

taking mendenhall will bethe best thing ofr the bears to do there are a big draft class of OT,so there shouldnt be any worrries there.be smart and take the franchise player in mendenhall.cause you might not get another chance to make it right if you pass him up!!!!take him at 14..........
Bill

Wheaton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Steve wrote:
I would love to get Mendenhall with the bears...but, we need a tackle REALLY badly. Heres what would be awesome....Bears trade 2009's 1st round draft pick and the bear's extra 3rd round pick in the 08 draft to Detroit...or Arizona for their 1st round 08 pick....
13. Carolina
14. Jeff Otah-Bears
15. Mendenhall-Bears
16.Arizona

Boy, it sure would be great if your scenario played out.

All we need now is Halas Hall to listen.

Since: Apr 08

Brookfield, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

nothing to do with hala, mendenhall wont be around after the 10th.

And McFadden the best player in the draft will gone before the 3rd.
Bill

Geneva, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

_DiMz_ wrote:
nothing to do with hala, mendenhall wont be around after the 10th.
And McFadden the best player in the draft will gone before the 3rd.

I keep reading that Miami can't get rid of the top pick.

If the Bears really wanted to move up in the draft, they have the picks (this year's and next year's) to do so.

The Bears can't afford to "wait until next year" to fill all of their needs.

All it takes is creativity, guts, and some luck.

BUKBAGG

Toms River, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Bears need to make alot of moves number 1 QB y go into the season with a non productive QB there was still some better QB up 4 grabs thats way better than any of ours.number 2 mr.crybaby benson oh i need more playing time and fumbles the 1st play in the superbowl with the colts he stay injured y not pick-up Mendenhall he is going to be better than benson and keep peterson hes good than you might can play with the rest of the teams defense youll gave up half the d its like the bears can never make good moves to better the team its always for the worse i hope its not another 25yrs before we get to another superbowl at they way there making moves thats what its looking like and thats sad
Caine

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

If they mendenhall they will have to get a good lineman and superb full-back,well that's my opinion.
RaulOso

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

1st round - Mendenhall, RB, a demon of a tailback, can play well even without a top brass offensive line, unlike Benson
Second round - One of the good underrated offensive tackles, there are a few
Third round - QB mainly for insurance and Guard, offensive line rejuvenation
4th round - a nickleback great on coverage, a run stuffer, ricky manning jr. just sux.
chuckd

Waynesville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

I believe that the bears need to draft a top offensive lineman with the 14th pick. Cedric Benson needs to run behind a great offensive line to be successful. If da bears do nothing to fix the O-line then it would be waste of time to select a back in the first round.
eric

Neillsville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Teams only go as far as both lines will take them.

Since: Oct 07

B town, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

chuckd wrote:
I believe that the bears need to draft a top offensive lineman with the 14th pick. Cedric Benson needs to run behind a great offensive line to be successful. If da bears do nothing to fix the O-line then it would be waste of time to select a back in the first round.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Two teams come to mind. The vikings adn the Bronco's/ You could throw anyone behind those lines and have a 1000 yard rusher.
Green Olive

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2008

Keith H wrote:
No matter what happens we will all praise or complain about the picks the Bears make depending on how they do this season. We all know we have issues across the offensive board so any attempt to fix them is a good attempt. I just hope for a good season and look forward to watching Hester develop into a WR and an even better KR.
Watching Hester develop into a WR and better KR.
Now there is something to look forward to for the season...... kean.
Dave

Barrington, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

Dump Benson! What a waste!
The Baron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2008

chuckd wrote:
I agree. Jeff Otah at 14 would be huge, slide Tait to the right side, the line should be much better. Cedric Benson or next available RB in draft or maybe hello Shaun Alexander maybe. Minnesota starting to look scary signing Jared Allen now on there defense. GET A LINEMAN
Sweetness 34

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2008

I would have to say to all of you GM's and coaches....Please learn proper grammar and spelling before you draft a QB or RB.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jonathan Stewart Discussions

Search the Jonathan Stewart Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Newton focused on results, not speed (May '13) Sep '13 Jim1 2
2013 Carolina Panthers: Ted Ginn and the tale o... (Jun '13) Jul '13 Brewer 2
Carolina Panthers: Ted Ginn Jr. Signing Overloo... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Ted Ginn Family 2
Former Carolina Panthers safety Chris Harris no... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Checking injuries that matter most (Dec '12) Dec '12 Buster 2
Panthers In Danger Of Losing Fans (Nov '12) Nov '12 Harry Horton 2
NFL Rumors: Jonathan Stewart Would Be Great Add... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Rob43 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••