Cowboys Let NFC East Title Slip Away

Cowboys Let NFC East Title Slip Away

There are 27 comments on the The Associated Press story from Dec 31, 2006, titled Cowboys Let NFC East Title Slip Away . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

No, losing to the Detroit Lions does not revoke the playoff spot the Dallas Cowboys had already clinched.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CAPNCOWBOY

Irving, TX

#1 Jan 6, 2007
Cowboys did lose the game but ended the season much better than Detroit. After all Dallas is Americas Team. Proof is in the fact that Dallas is in the playoffs and Detroit sits on their big fat butts at home with a dismal 3-11 losing season. Detroit fans trying to put a positive spin on this insignificant win is silly. Kitna is a fool in his after game comments about Dallas players. He will have to watch the game Saturday as Romo kicks the Seahawks asses all over the field. Sorry Detroit...you will never be in the same league as Dallas. All you wannabees can do is cry about it and I will be laughing all th e way to the Super Bowl..again and again and again. Ha Ha Ha.
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#2 Jan 6, 2007
It's funny, all I hear from cowgirl fans is how bad a team Detroit is, they beat your ass didn't they, look at the SCOREBOARD. If Parcells had any brains he would listen to what Kitna (who was correct about everything he had to say) because the Cowboys are going nowhere unless they make some changes in the defense. I hope they don't because there is nothing I enjoy more than a Cowboy loss. Ha Ha Ha.
Eagles Rule

Iselin, NJ

#3 Jan 6, 2007
Looks like more Birds stopped the Cowboys again. Hope you have your popcorn ready T.O. and watch your former Eagles win in the SuperBowl. T.O. and all the cowboys now have some Time-Out watching football from their couch.
t o is a no no

United States

#4 Jan 6, 2007
CAPNCOWBOY wrote:
Cowboys did lose the game but ended the season much better than Detroit. After all Dallas is Americas Team. Proof is in the fact that Dallas is in the playoffs and Detroit sits on their big fat butts at home with a dismal 3-11 losing season. Detroit fans trying to put a positive spin on this insignificant win is silly. Kitna is a fool in his after game comments about Dallas players. He will have to watch the game Saturday as Romo kicks the Seahawks asses all over the field. Sorry Detroit...you will never be in the same league as Dallas. All you wannabees can do is cry about it and I will be laughing all th e way to the Super Bowl..again and again and again. Ha Ha Ha.
"Romo kicks the Seahawks asses all over the field." Hell No! He got his ass whooped real good. Because of him they lost that game. How fun was that to watch? I think you will be the one doing the crying and not the "wannabees." Stop calling your cowgirls Americas Team because they are not. They are a big disappointment! HA HA HA HA!
newanarchy

Dallas, TX

#5 Jan 6, 2007
Ha Ha Ha Ho Ho Ha Giggle, snort.
JSP

United States

#6 Jan 6, 2007
HAHAHA Romo dropped the snap, how do you mess that one up, they had it but thanks to Romo they lost and once again seahawks win.
Amazing

El Paso, TX

#7 Jan 6, 2007
Sad ending for the anointed Romo....he started believing his own press and hanging out with superstars instead of getting his head straight. To be honest this team was never a solid contender, to inconsistant and to soft....a revamping needs to take place...TO --gone..Parcells--Gone...Romo? ??? who knows...they definitely need to revamp that week secondary. Good luck next year but I have a feeling it will be years until they truly have an identity of their own.
Eagles Rule

Iselin, NJ

#9 Jan 6, 2007
I relooked botched field goal attempt and yes Romo blew it but I wonder if Grammatica had done some better blocking then Romo wouldn't have been grabbed and tripped from behind and would have had to try bulldoze his way through. I think Romo pretty much gave up and thought the game was over. Did you see him with his head down in shame with 1 minute left in the game. I can once again tell my Cowboy loving co-workers- "How about them cowboys?"
TO is gay

Pennsburg, PA

#10 Jan 6, 2007
Tony Chokemo
Cowboys robbed

United States

#11 Jan 7, 2007
The Seahawks did not win that game, the refs gave it them. Look at MSN sports this morning. The picture is proof that Dallas had made the first down. The replay booth had no business overturning the placement of the ball because they did not have conclusive proof to do so. That picture proves they were biased toward the Seahawks and strecthed their own rules to satisfy their own personal favorite. They should be fired for making a call like that. I hope Jones uses all of his influence to have those cheats kicked out of the league.
t o is a no no

United States

#13 Jan 7, 2007
Cowboys robbed wrote:
The Seahawks did not win that game, the refs gave it them. Look at MSN sports this morning. The picture is proof that Dallas had made the first down. The replay booth had no business overturning the placement of the ball because they did not have conclusive proof to do so. That picture proves they were biased toward the Seahawks and strecthed their own rules to satisfy their own personal favorite. They should be fired for making a call like that. I hope Jones uses all of his influence to have those cheats kicked out of the league.
Jones has money but not enough to buy his way to firing any refs. And of course any cowboy fan is going to see it that way as if they got cheated. You want to know why? Because you can't handle the fact that they lost. We call that a sore loser. Wipe them tears away and get over it!
Eagles Rule

Iselin, NJ

#14 Jan 7, 2007
For every questionable play against the Cowgurlz you can find some as well against the Seagals. The Cowboys shouldn't even have been in the post season.
JSP

United States

#15 Jan 7, 2007
Cowboys robbed wrote:
The Seahawks did not win that game, the refs gave it them. Look at MSN sports this morning. The picture is proof that Dallas had made the first down. The replay booth had no business overturning the placement of the ball because they did not have conclusive proof to do so. That picture proves they were biased toward the Seahawks and strecthed their own rules to satisfy their own personal favorite. They should be fired for making a call like that. I hope Jones uses all of his influence to have those cheats kicked out of the league.
dude i saw the same replays and no they did not get the first down, when he was down the ball was not across the line. i didnt need a replay to see that one. and there is no way the refs where siding for the seahawks or anyone. cowboys messed up so get over it.not superbowl lastyear the refs where going for one team, but this game i thik it was pretty fair
CAPNCOWBOY

Irving, TX

#16 Jan 8, 2007
t o is a no no wrote:
<quoted text>
"Romo kicks the Seahawks asses all over the field." Hell No! He got his ass whooped real good. Because of him they lost that game. How fun was that to watch? I think you will be the one doing the crying and not the "wannabees." Stop calling your cowgirls Americas Team because they are not. They are a big disappointment! HA HA HA HA!
BLAH BLAH BLAH...You cannot rewrite the facts...Cowboys will always be AMERICAS TEAM to the rest of you Communist foreigners! Now matter what the outcome, it was obvious that the crooked refs were paid off as usual...jealous liberal propaganda just like the media, anyone who aint a COWBOY FAN AIN'T SH_T! COWBOYS RULE!!!! Your team is going down next and fast!
JSP

United States

#17 Jan 8, 2007
dude they where not paid off, get over it, once again the cowboys suck, they havent been good for years. they arent as bad as oakland but they lost cuz they fucked up so get over it
Eagles Rule

Iselin, NJ

#18 Jan 9, 2007
If you think a team that hasn't done anything in a decade America's team. Then you must think America sucks as well. The Cowboys are so 20th Century. We are in the 21st Century. We have yet to see who can claim the title of America's Team. The Eagles are way better than the cowboys. It's 2007 and we've been in the playoffs, have won the division title. That's more than the Cowboys have done in the new Millenium. I won't be arrogant enough to call the Eagles Americas team. They haven't done anything yet. So if the Eagles aren't America's team, well then the Cowboys wouldn't even come close either. Just look at your future. You've got T.O. You think you're going to get anywhere with him. The reason you have him is because he matches the Cowboys style. Just flash, a big mouth and all show.
CAPNCOWBOY

Irving, TX

#19 Jan 9, 2007
Eagles Rule wrote:
If you think a team that hasn't done anything in a decade America's team. Then you must think America sucks as well. The Cowboys are so 20th Century. We are in the 21st Century. We have yet to see who can claim the title of America's Team. The Eagles are way better than the cowboys. It's 2007 and we've been in the playoffs, have won the division title. That's more than the Cowboys have done in the new Millenium. I won't be arrogant enough to call the Eagles Americas team. They haven't done anything yet. So if the Eagles aren't America's team, well then the Cowboys wouldn't even come close either. Just look at your future. You've got T.O. You think you're going to get anywhere with him. The reason you have him is because he matches the Cowboys style. Just flash, a big mouth and all show.
AMERICAS TEAM title will always remain with the Cowboys because it is a fact of life..you cannot change it now matter how hard you try to distort history...sorry it was not bestowed to any other team, but Dallas was so rightfully annointed and appropriately so. So all of you poor classless Eagles fans that will soon be crying the same ol' story for failing in the playoffs, will never have the history or the record of what is truly and factually "Americas Team"...the one and only DALLAS COWBOYS! Thats all I can say about it and this will be the FINAL WORD ON THE MATTER..so it is not necessary for any of you lesser individuals to bother with a pitiful,unflattering and embarassing response. Have a nice day whiners. I suggest you join the bandwaggon for 2007-2008 season and support Americas Team! You will be much better off for it! Think about this...How many SuperBowl rings do the Eagles have? Enough said.
Have a great day.
CAPNCOWBOY

Irving, TX

#20 Jan 9, 2007
JSP wrote:
dude they where not paid off, get over it, once again the cowboys suck, they havent been good for years. they arent as bad as oakland but they lost cuz they fucked up so get over it
I suspect that anyone who calls another "Dude" has got to be of the limp wristed variety. You must also use words like "fabulous" and "fella" and such. See my reply to your manbuddy the Eagles fan on the subject of AMERICAS TEAM, the true right of ownership. Now don't get too hot and bothered over this: XXX OOO XXX OOO XXX OOO
JSP

United States

#21 Jan 9, 2007
i dont get it, the cowboys lost, they are out of the playoff, they havent been good in years, how can you say that they are soo good and they are "AMERICAS TEAM" if you are using this team to represent this country are you saying that America sucks? cowboys suck, get over it. there is always next year right? so move on. haha oh and by the way i love the fact that you try to sound smart when trying to call me gaythats really going to help you prove a point. hah
blong

United States

#22 Jan 9, 2007
Multiple Choice Question: What is the most accurate description for the following sound-HHHHHKKKKK-SSSHHHHHKKKK- GGGGGGHHHH?(A) Tony Romo's choking sounds after mishandling the snap on Dallas' last minute field goal attempt.(B) Jerry Jones shredding Bill Parcells' contract extension.(C) Network censorship of Parcells' postgame comments to the media.(D) All of the above. P.S.-Extra credit will be issued to anyone who chooses (D) and submits the best essay paragraph that ties all 3 possible scenarios in the most entertaining manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Scott Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How confident are you in the Chicago Bears' off... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Cus 3
News Steelers Release Tackle Jonathan Scott (Jul '12) Jul '12 the mytrh 1
News Week 1: Sam Farmer's NFL picks (Sep '11) Sep '11 The Trout 2
News Pittsburgh Steelers: What Should Be the Team's ... (Jul '11) Jul '11 black and gold news 2
News Injury news for Steelers favors Titans (Sep '10) Sep '10 Rex J Steelman 3
News With the 9th Pick in the 2010 Stampede Blue Com... (Mar '10) Mar '10 Bullfarts 2
News Season Over for Two Bills Linebackers (Oct '09) Oct '09 The Real One 3
More from around the web