Injuries a pain for line

Injuries a pain for line

There are 14 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jul 30, 2008, titled Injuries a pain for line. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Ravens' thin offensive line took another hit yesterday, when Adam Terry sprained his already-injured left ankle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Suprise and Spanker

Joppa, MD

#1 Jul 30, 2008
Wow, with all the cloak & dagger mis-info on injuries (understandable in a league where misdirection rules) and so many positions undecided, esp. on offense, trying to figure out who the Ravens will be come September is like a big mystery package left on the doorstep. This much is for sure though: if they do not trade for a starter-quality left tackle, the Ravens will have a hard time winning 3 games,
Rob

Findlay, OH

#2 Jul 30, 2008
the problem with trading for a starter quality left tackle is what you might have to give up, and this early in camp very few if any teams are willing to trade anyone for fear of an injury to their own guys.........this could be a big problem for this upcoming year, not only does it put players not really ready to play in the starting lineup, it really hurts the depth for those inevitable injuries that will happen during the season...........I know its still early, but this years offense could be a carbon copy of last years, maybe even worse........
jeffro

Tarboro, NC

#3 Jul 30, 2008
And I thought the old Raven offenses were horrible. This year could be a record. 3 - 13. The QBs are going to be crash test dummies behind that line. Better have a morphine drip available on the sideline for the poor victim that has to stand behind that line. Mcgehee is a dead man, I would draw straws to see has to QB. each week. Poor B#$tard.
Cornell

Baltimore, MD

#4 Jul 30, 2008
Todd steusse maybe a stopgap type player who always played well imo. Better to get someone who has playwed the position then to experiment with someone elses reject. Tade t-fizzle for a premium player is another option.
Jim from Dundalk

Baltimore, MD

#5 Jul 30, 2008
I think a trade is inevitable , I believe Jacksonville will want a draft choice for one of those two guys , most likely a #2.............but they will try to get a #1 because they have all the leverage , either of their two LTs could step right in a be a tremendous upgrade..............
BigMouth

Mechanicsville, VA

#6 Jul 30, 2008
get ready for a 5 win season guys, this SUCKS!
Harry

Rochester, NY

#7 Jul 30, 2008
Most of these injuries are minor so far, so lets not panic. Rosters are at 80 players and teams have to get down to 54. So there will be plenty of players available Free, so lets not waste draft picks in a panic move.
A FA like Stuesse makes some sense, bring him in and see if he can compete or at ;east add depth.
I think if this OL can stay healthy it can be very good Gaithers, Grubbs, Brown, Yanda and Terry.
Ferg

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Jul 30, 2008
Sweet! At this rate, I'll be playing left tackle by week 3 or 4.

Pass me that box of Twinkies! I need to bulk up for Freeney, et al.

Ferg
steven

Bethpage, NY

#9 Jul 30, 2008
lets trade suggs' greedy azz for a legitimate starting LT. lol lets trade him for joe thomas, that would be interesting......but no one would ever take that deal probably. suggs how can u be holding out, you got FIVE sacks AND your getting paid 8.5 million. get over yourself and get into camp
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Jul 30, 2008
Ferg wrote:
Sweet! At this rate, I'll be playing left tackle by week 3 or 4.
Pass me that box of Twinkies! I need to bulk up for Freeney, et al.
Ferg
LOL!! Pretty funny...
Mike

Virginia Beach, VA

#11 Jul 30, 2008
I heard there are so many injuries.

The guy who drives the cart was taking an IV on the sidelines when he pitted the cart for a tire change.
Maddog

Richmond, VA

#12 Jul 30, 2008
I feel so bad for whoever ends being the QB. The Ravens are a bunch of trash talkers and there will be plenty of teams out for blood when they play us.

Don't even think about signing Favre.
Sam

Greenbelt, MD

#13 Jul 30, 2008
After seeing both Flacco and the offensive line live at camp today, I think there is no way in hell Flacco should start the season. He'd get destroyed. Plus he's not quite ready. Not too far behind, but a little bit behind Smith and Boller. Though he clearly has more arm strength; all of his passes have a lot of zip on them.

Troy Smith should start; he's looked the most solid, and he can run for his life. He's going to be doing a lot of that.
The GHT

Portland, OR

#14 Jul 31, 2008
No O-line huh? It just wouldn't be football season without seeing Kyle Boller run for his life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web