NFL draft: Baltimore Ravens guard cho...

NFL draft: Baltimore Ravens guard choices

There are 15 comments on the Evening Sun story from Apr 16, 2008, titled NFL draft: Baltimore Ravens guard choices. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Baltimore Ravens General Manager Ozzie Newsome is keeping his pick in the 2008 NFL Draft close to his vest, just like every other season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Tony

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Apr 16, 2008
I agree that McNair is coming to the end of his career and our corners are aging. we need the best players in the draft who can fill those spots and be a leader for our team. We need a motivater on OFFENSE like RAY on DEFENSE.
BlazeDaily

Wooster, OH

#2 Apr 16, 2008
Won't matter. The Steelers still OWN you!
Ray Lewis

United States

#3 Apr 16, 2008
He is still a murderer, criminal, and every other title that goes with it. Motivator, what a joke. He can motivate a cast of thugs to go steal copper pipe out of a housing development. This is PA not MD. Go Black and Gold or Green and White. Purple and Black have no business in this town. Ravens always seem to look so good on paper, but suck every year. I'll tell you what else looks good on paper. A traced outline of my hand slapping a Ravens fan in the face!
NFL Guru

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Apr 16, 2008
I think the Ravens should Troy Smith a shot at QB, he improved in each of his appearences, played great in his last game, not to mention he is a former Heisman winner... give him a shot, see what he does.
FACT

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2008
BlazeDaily wrote:
Won't matter. The Steelers still OWN you!
The only thing the Steeler's own were the officals in their last Super Bowl win.
FACT

United States

#6 Apr 17, 2008
Ray Lewis wrote:
He is still a murderer, criminal, and every other title that goes with it. Motivator, what a joke. He can motivate a cast of thugs to go steal copper pipe out of a housing development. This is PA not MD. Go Black and Gold or Green and White. Purple and Black have no business in this town. Ravens always seem to look so good on paper, but suck every year. I'll tell you what else looks good on paper. A traced outline of my hand slapping a Ravens fan in the face!
How many women have the Steeler's beat up lately?
Steelersfan

York, PA

#7 Apr 17, 2008
Ray Lewis wrote:
He is still a murderer, criminal, and every other title that goes with it. Motivator, what a joke. He can motivate a cast of thugs to go steal copper pipe out of a housing development. This is PA not MD. Go Black and Gold or Green and White. Purple and Black have no business in this town. Ravens always seem to look so good on paper, but suck every year. I'll tell you what else looks good on paper. A traced outline of my hand slapping a Ravens fan in the face!
LOL!!! Thanks for the laugh!
Domestic Dispute

United States

#8 Apr 17, 2008
FACT wrote:
<quoted text>
How many women have the Steeler's beat up lately?
If you notice those players are either no longer part of the organization or the charges were dropped. Besdies you can't compare a murder charge with assault. Now you have a special teams coach for a head coach and no QB since McNair retired today. You have more important things to worry about then the ploice log in Pittsburgh. I don't apporve of domestic violence in any form but I just love it when Ravens fans try to defend Ray Lewis. It's like isotoner gloves coming to OJ's defense.
FACT

United States

#9 Apr 17, 2008
When was Ray Lewis convicted of Murder? Get YOUR facts straight!
FACTS r straight

Harrisburg, PA

#10 Apr 17, 2008
FACT wrote:
When was Ray Lewis convicted of Murder? Get YOUR facts straight!
He was arrested for and faced trail for being an accomplice. You hide behind a perception of innocence. Didn't u watch the trial on tv. I haven't seen a trail for a steeler on tv. Fact Ray Lewis was on trail. Fact Ray Lewis lied. Fact Ray Lewis hangs around a bunch of thugs that committed murder. Fact the only thing he didn;t do was pull the trigger. Fact the only reason he got off was due to lack of sufficient evididence. Fact that doesn't mean innocence. Fact the leader of the Ravens offense is a kicker for the past 8 years. Matt Stover is the only consistent thing you have.
FACT

Harrisburg, PA

#11 Apr 17, 2008
Stretch the "truth" much?
John

Bethesda, MD

#12 Apr 18, 2008
Who cares about the Ravens ... Your in STEELER COUNTRY !
Truth

United States

#13 Apr 18, 2008
Only Ravens fans seem to know how to stretch the truth. Defense wins Super Bowls? Not, you played a bad game against a bad team and got lucky becasue you made no mistakes. We don't need a top notch offense to win. I hope you keep thinking that. Brian Billick is a good coach and better then Cowher. I dont't think you would say that now. We don't miss the Colts. Yes you do, just break down, cry, and admit it already. All the Steeler fans keep taking our tickets to home games when we play them. You sell them to us!!!!!
FACT

United States

#14 Apr 18, 2008
Truth wrote:
Only Ravens fans seem to know how to stretch the truth. Defense wins Super Bowls? Not, you played a bad game against a bad team and got lucky becasue you made no mistakes. We don't need a top notch offense to win. I hope you keep thinking that. Brian Billick is a good coach and better then Cowher. I dont't think you would say that now. We don't miss the Colts. Yes you do, just break down, cry, and admit it already. All the Steeler fans keep taking our tickets to home games when we play them. You sell them to us!!!!!
Lets break down your post, with the facts.
1) For the most part, defense does win Super Bowls. Very rarely does a weak defensive team win in the playoffs. The Ravens are the perfect example of this. During their SB season, the offense was very poor. They won because the defense was great and the offense, didn't turn the ball over.
2)As far as comparing the coaches, both coaches were very good. They both were able to keep their teams competitive for many years. Each had some poor season during their careers, which had more to deal with injuries or lack of talent.
Coaches

United States

#15 Apr 18, 2008
I'm actually glad to hear you say that about the coaches, most Ravens fans I meet will not admit Cowher is a good coach. In today's league though it's not all defense though so will disagree their. For the most part I am messing with you anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web