Billick will return in 2008

Billick will return in 2008

There are 17 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Dec 12, 2007, titled Billick will return in 2008. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Brian Billick will remain the Ravens' coach in 2008. Any uncertainty surrounding Billick's job status was cleared up recently when he was notified by owner Steve Bisciotti that he would return for a 10th ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

Since: Sep 07

Frederick, MD

#1 Dec 12, 2007
Empty stadium, bad teams..way to go brain trust.
Any bets Miami wins?
The only way this improves is if Billick lets someone call the offense and they have a great draft...well step one is losing every game so that pick gets better, then trade it for a higher pick plus a second rounder....
John Madden was saying they needed the Mercy rule last Sunday Night, what will it take before the shame finally sinks in?
A solid round of BOOS when Steve appears at the Comcast center?
Michael

Troy, MI

#2 Dec 12, 2007
What is it about Baltimore in bringing back proven records of failure? The Ravens...The Orioles...the teams are pathetic, and yet management keeps coming back.
David21009

Baltimore, MD

#3 Dec 12, 2007
What does Billick have to do to get fired? Seriously?
John

Halethorpe, MD

#4 Dec 12, 2007
Michael wrote:
What is it about Baltimore in bringing back proven records of failure? The Ravens...The Orioles...the teams are pathetic, and yet management keeps coming back.
Ravens' fans are very entitled and spoiled. I moved back here from Cincinnati and have lived in other areas of the country. You people in Baltimore have no idea what a "proven record of failure" really means. Even the Orioles have at least won the World Series since the Vietnam war.
Jacob

Baltimore, MD

#5 Dec 12, 2007
If this means that the Ravens are giving McNair another chance as starter next year, I won't watch the team.
Rick

Glen Burnie, MD

#6 Dec 12, 2007
Maybe next year will be worse than this year. With the right attitude, ravens game can be a comedy. Don't take the game so serious and you'll see the humor in billick coaching and the offense doing what it does best. Lighten up,it's not your money being wasted.
Barry

Québec, Canada

#7 Dec 12, 2007
There is no way that Billick will be calling the plays next year. The offense needs to be redesigned and exhibit imagination. My biggest concern: McAlister, Heap, and Rolle are no givens to be healthy next year. Rolle had already slipped noticeably in 2006. The backup corners are atrocious. The blitzing defense rarely reached the quarterback this season and got burned. You name it, short, medium, or long, the Ravens cannot stop a pass. The defense against the running game was strong once again. But being on the field so long has not been good for the defense. Once so opportunistic, the Ravens now are not producing many turnovers. And the offense, sadly, gives the ball away with abandon.

The good news for next season? The schedule will be much easier. And I expect the Ravens to have a strong draft. Can Colt Brennan’s three-quarter delivery work in the NFL? I think he’s the real thing.
DSmith _Orlando

United States

#8 Dec 12, 2007
Billick has been given a quarterback and decent backfield several times during his tenure but continues to show how inept his offensive gameplans can be...Does the coaching staff actually study game film??? If the truth be that Billick will return please let Nueheisel run the offense!!!
Boy George

Towson, MD

#9 Dec 12, 2007
way to go bishotti...niuce cya since u screwed up last year extending this guy....maybe we can did irsay up frfom the grave ..he has experience calling plays
Michael Vick 4517781

Towson, MD

#10 Dec 12, 2007
Hey Stevie, I'll be out in 2010 and will be in game shape to help brian re-win the Lombardi trophy during the last year of his contract. say, given that potential, how about giving both of us an extension right now dog...
Football AL

United States

#11 Dec 12, 2007
Yeah it must be the play calling, first it was Matt Cavanagh, now Billick. You people are complete idiots. Yes Brian called for Boller to throw an interception into triple coverage...Billick mouthed WOW into the camera like every fan watching did. WOW what was Kyle staring at? I do concede the play action BS on 3 and 15 HAS got to stop, like Laird has mentioned 100's of times. Meanwhile protecting the ball and not beating yourself should be the mantra from here on out. How about a game with no Turnovers for a change?
Phil

Baltimore, MD

#12 Dec 12, 2007
John wrote:
<quoted text>
Ravens' fans are very entitled and spoiled. I moved back here from Cincinnati and have lived in other areas of the country. You people in Baltimore have no idea what a "proven record of failure" really means. Even the Orioles have at least won the World Series since the Vietnam war.
Well, this area does not take kindly to losers, and please do not ingratiate yourself with horrid stories of other sports teams. Winning teams are developed through winning cultures, and do not tolerate losing. Those losing teams you maybe referring to tolerated a losing culture and system, and achieved the inevitable results.

As the team members say about the Patriots, all they care about is winning. With your post, it appears you have gotten used to the culture of losing, and if that's what you expect from your team, you will only guarantee its continuation through your silent acceptance.
Phil

Baltimore, MD

#13 Dec 12, 2007
Football AL wrote:
Yeah it must be the play calling, first it was Matt Cavanagh, now Billick. You people are complete idiots. Yes Brian called for Boller to throw an interception into triple coverage...Billick mouthed WOW into the camera like every fan watching did. WOW what was Kyle staring at? I do concede the play action BS on 3 and 15 HAS got to stop, like Laird has mentioned 100's of times. Meanwhile protecting the ball and not beating yourself should be the mantra from here on out. How about a game with no Turnovers for a change?
Is it possible that turnovers may result from an undisciplined team that are poorly coached and have no belief in their system? Witness also how we are near the top for penalties committed. Also, when you typically give away your plays through predictable play-calling that is anticpated by the defense, you can always expect pressure with the added probability of turnovers.

Do you watch Ravens football? Do you watch professional offenses like the Cowboys, Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Colts, or even the Browns? Can you really just blame this on turnovers, when one can readily see that every play call we make never seems to set up any of the other playcalls? there is no flow or fluidity to any playcalling sequence, as if these calls are made totally independent of each other and with no unified concept or scheme. Can you look at the sequence of plays for the other teams I mentioned and get the same impression? If you can't see a difference, that is why having billick around will not even make a difference to you. Many of us here were able to predict the downfall of this team when we were 4 - 2 by looking at the poor quality of our wins, our horrendous offensive sceme, and the sadly mistaken overreliance on a defense that was expected to bail the offense out as usual. It didn't materialize, and we are looking at 4 - 12. Next year, with Billick at the helm, we will be looking at 3 - 13. What will be your excuse then?
Louie

Abingdon, MD

#14 Dec 12, 2007
Frankly, I am pretty shocked that the owner is bringing Braniac back.

I honestly thought Billick was a goner after this season.
cwl

Towson, MD

#15 Dec 12, 2007
Well I was praying he would be gone but those prayers will go unanswered. Here comes another season where I spend a fortune on season tickets and nothing will change. The same wonderful offense and play calling.
End Zone Kibitzer

Beaumont, TX

#16 Dec 13, 2007
If Coach Billick was hired for his strengths in offense and we have the stats for a very conservative approach in game planning, it is strange that the Coaches of Patriots and the Cowboys are known for their defense strengths, yet have powerhouse offenses.If the Ravens are operating in this "partnership" cocept,it is time to "partner" to get an offense, game plan, QB, receivers, running back, lineman, play caller, anything to put points on the board.The defense has been adequate with the need for a few solid reserves to sub for injuries.
Football AL

United States

#17 Jan 11, 2008
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it possible that turnovers may result from an undisciplined team that are poorly coached and have no belief in their system? Witness also how we are near the top for penalties committed. Also, when you typically give away your plays through predictable play-calling that is anticpated by the defense, you can always expect pressure with the added probability of turnovers.
Do you watch Ravens football? Do you watch professional offenses like the Cowboys, Patriots, Packers, Steelers, Colts, or even the Browns? Can you really just blame this on turnovers, when one can readily see that every play call we make never seems to set up any of the other playcalls? there is no flow or fluidity to any playcalling sequence, as if these calls are made totally independent of each other and with no unified concept or scheme. Can you look at the sequence of plays for the other teams I mentioned and get the same impression? If you can't see a difference, that is why having billick around will not even make a difference to you. Many of us here were able to predict the downfall of this team when we were 4 - 2 by looking at the poor quality of our wins, our horrendous offensive sceme, and the sadly mistaken overreliance on a defense that was expected to bail the offense out as usual. It didn't materialize, and we are looking at 4 - 12. Next year, with Billick at the helm, we will be looking at 3 - 13. What will be your excuse then?
Who is making excuses? Can you read? You asked if I watch the games. Can you read what I said? I saw Billick mouth wow? Those teams you compare our offense to all have real good quarterbacks. The Ravens with any of those teams quarterbacks would be successful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web