O-line limbo

O-line limbo

There are 56 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from May 3, 2008, titled O-line limbo. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

In two minicamps under first-year coach John Harbaugh, the Ravens' offensive line has been a revolving door.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#44 May 4, 2008
Mike Brown wrote:
A very good column Mr. Preston. I see the Ravens, or should I say John Harbaugh, looking at every possibility on the O-line. This is nothing short of what I would expect him to do.
In my mind I believe a line consisting of Terry at LT, Grubbs at LG, Jason Brown at C, Yanda at RG, and either Gaither or one of the draft picks, Oneil Cousins or David Hale at the RT spot.
We'll see soon enough.
The O-line you presented is really the only one that makes sense to me.
jon dey

Canada

#45 May 4, 2008
It's not even training camp and the pundits are out in full force!
Rush

Towson, MD

#46 May 4, 2008
Rich wrote:
<quoted text> The light in the loafers comment wasn't meant in reference J.O. It's you, you idiot.
lmfao
Ben

Philadelphia, PA

#47 May 4, 2008
Our line has talent. The problem was Brian Billicks system. Youll see
Paul bleeds Purple

Baltimore, MD

#48 May 6, 2008
Man could we use a good year from Terry.Hopefully if he does give us a nice yr. we won't let him go like Pashos.That move killed us!

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#49 May 6, 2008
Paul bleeds Purple wrote:
Man could we use a good year from Terry.Hopefully if he does give us a nice yr. we won't let him go like Pashos.That move killed us!
The Pashos move hurt us more than a lot of people seem to realize or acknowledge.
lll

Pasadena, MD

#50 May 7, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
<quoted text>The Pashos move hurt us more than a lot of people seem to realize or acknowledge.
He wanted too much money. He was extremely overpaid and we weren't giving a solid tackle the same money as elite tackles earn.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#51 May 7, 2008
lll wrote:
<quoted text>
He wanted too much money. He was extremely overpaid and we weren't giving a solid tackle the same money as elite tackles earn.
3 million a year was not out of the question. The Ravens simply didn't want to pay it. Now we're paying the price. They can cough up mega millions for a washed up has been like McNair, but balk at paying 3 mil for a guy who worked himself up to be at least a decent RT. Sorry -- what he got with the Jags was a lot, but we should have matched it, IMO.
Slate

AOL

#52 May 7, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
<quoted text>3 million a year was not out of the question. The Ravens simply didn't want to pay it. Now we're paying the price. They can cough up mega millions for a washed up has been like McNair, but balk at paying 3 mil for a guy who worked himself up to be at least a decent RT. Sorry -- what he got with the Jags was a lot, but we should have matched it, IMO.
Pashos got 5 years/$24 milloion w/$10 million signing bonus, do you think he is worth that ??

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#53 May 7, 2008
Slate wrote:
<quoted text>
Pashos got 5 years/$24 milloion w/$10 million signing bonus, do you think he is worth that ??
When you break down the actual contract, it's essentially a $3 mil/year deal, at least according to the capologists whose posts I've read in response to the direct question: "How much was Pashos's contract actually worth/year"? Do I think he's worth $3 million/year, given how much better our O-line was with him at RT? Yes, I do.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#54 May 7, 2008
OK -- here's the thread I was talking about. I don't know if it makes it any clearer, but here's an example of how the contract MIGHT have been put into practice:

"The signing bonus is prorated over the length of the contract. That means $2 million for each of the 5 years is the amount of the bonus that counts towards the cap. You then add in the remaining $14 million to the $2 million to get the annual cap value. That $14 though can be broken up any way as long as he makes the vet minimum which I think this year is $750,000. That means that the cap value for Pashos this year starts at $2,750,000."

This is the 10th post in this thread:

http://www.baltimoresun2.com/talk/showthread....
oriolesfan21218

Baltimore, MD

#55 May 8, 2008
I believe Jared Gaither is the future LT for this team. To think he played 2 years college and 1 year hs. natural tackle, athletic, great upside. he has to work on his pass coverage because his run blocking is spot on. Work on his mechanics and you got it made. You will see he has improved greatly this year. believe that..

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#56 May 8, 2008
oriolesfan21218 wrote:
I believe Jared Gaither is the future LT for this team. To think he played 2 years college and 1 year hs. natural tackle, athletic, great upside. he has to work on his pass coverage because his run blocking is spot on. Work on his mechanics and you got it made. You will see he has improved greatly this year. believe that..
Uh....he's got to show up at the meetings and get in NFL shape first. Something he failed to do last year. This current coaching staff isn't going to put up with stuff like that.
road king

Barnesville, OH

#57 May 14, 2008
Ogden would still play if he had any help. Ozzy as usual neglected the o line again until too late in the draft. Things would have been greatly different this past decade if Ozzy had drafted a fixture at RTackle with the fifth pick of the draft in 99 instead of Jamaal Lewis when they already had Priest.
oriolesfan21218

Baltimore, MD

#58 May 15, 2008
i havent read or seen anything that says that... where have you read that he doesnt go to meetings and is not in the workout program?

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#59 May 17, 2008
oriolesfan21218 wrote:
i havent read or seen anything that says that... where have you read that he doesnt go to meetings and is not in the workout program?
It was pretty well documented last year. So far this year, there hasn't been much written about it. So maybe that's a good sign.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web