Lineman gives team a jolt

Lineman gives team a jolt

There are 30 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Lineman gives team a jolt. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Filled with the blush of youth, Marshal Yanda took the dare, stepped into the middle of the group and got tasered with a stun gun.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#1 Aug 13, 2008
Wow. That's so impressive. Now I'm convinced our O-line will be great this year. (As great as the Sun writers, actually. Really great stuff, Ken. Keep up the great work.)
Tone

Stafford, VA

#2 Aug 13, 2008
We really do have a nice group of young linemen in the middle with yanda, grubbs and jason brown btw who almost killed this kid in New England last week on the td run up the gut.Billick always raved about Yanda as well,dudes gonna be a monster
Ravens

United States

#3 Aug 13, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
Wow. That's so impressive. Now I'm convinced our O-line will be great this year.(As great as the Sun writers, actually. Really great stuff, Ken. Keep up the great work.)
lol to true.
Fikenhild

Parkville, MD

#4 Aug 13, 2008
If the Ravens can find a couple of offensive tackles to match their three interior lineman, they'll be dangerous.
Kracker

Nottingham, MD

#5 Aug 13, 2008
Fikenhild wrote:
If the Ravens can find a couple of offensive tackles to match their three interior lineman, they'll be dangerous.
Oyea, dats fashiizle.
bemused

Baltimore, MD

#6 Aug 13, 2008
No one ever accused football players of being smart. If they weren't insecure about their "manhood" they wouldn't have to "prove it" in such stupid ways. Yanda may have grown big, but he didn't grow up.
Frank

Lewes, DE

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Marshall, please don't do the taser thing anymore. Play football, that's dangerous enough.
Smith1upBoller

Richmond, VA

#8 Aug 13, 2008
he wasn't that good last year, so what is all the fuss now?
Smith1upBoller

Richmond, VA

#9 Aug 13, 2008
The Yanda I saw playing RT last season was getting manhandled by opposing D linemen, so am I missing something or what here?

Baltimore, MD

#10 Aug 13, 2008
Smith1upBoller wrote:
The Yanda I saw playing RT last season was getting manhandled by opposing D linemen, so am I missing something or what here?
Yeah. Now that he's proven he's taser-proof, he'll be totally unstoppable.

(Riiiiiight.) LOL.
NickinFla

Orlando, FL

#11 Aug 13, 2008
It's great to hear as well as see a young player who wants to be not just good but also "the best".
Joe

Camp Hill, PA

#12 Aug 13, 2008
Gaining respect in the locker room gets you just that; respect in the locker room. Show me something between the lines...get the respect of opposing teams.
Ravens_Flock

Menlo Park, CA

#13 Aug 13, 2008
Actually...he played very well at tackle last year, considering. And I would imagine, with guard being his natural position, that he'll do even better inside this year. So why not drop the sarcasm and negativity, and hope that the WHOLE line does well.
Jim from Dundalk

Finksburg, MD

#14 Aug 13, 2008
Now if we could only trade Suggs for two nice tackles,,,,,,,,,,
brandon

Centreville, VA

#15 Aug 13, 2008
Smith1upBoller wrote:
yeah, you're missing that he is a guard by nature. he filled in b/c we needed someone there. it's called unselfishness. he's perfect as a guard. our interior is great
GHT

Portland, OR

#16 Aug 13, 2008
I wonder, when the first player that suffers a neurological disorder after being tazed, will he sue the Ravens or the NFL or both? At least a millionaire got his $600 bucks.
GHT

Portland, OR

#17 Aug 13, 2008
Jim from Dundalk wrote:
Now if we could only trade Suggs for two nice tackles,,,,,,,,,,
Suggs didn't sign yet. Is he, by law, tradeable at this point? I think he is in limbo, property of the Ravens so to speak but out in space legalwise.
Josh

Bryan, OH

#18 Aug 13, 2008
Ravens_Flock wrote:
Actually...he played very well at tackle last year, considering. And I would imagine, with guard being his natural position, that he'll do even better inside this year. So why not drop the sarcasm and negativity, and hope that the WHOLE line does well.
Because people arent blind and not hopers and wishers. I can hope to be a millionaire but it aint happening

Baltimore, MD

#19 Aug 13, 2008
GHT wrote:
<quoted text>Suggs didn't sign yet. Is he, by law, tradeable at this point? I think he is in limbo, property of the Ravens so to speak but out in space legalwise.
If I'm not mistaken, because he hasn't signed the offer by the Ravens, the Ravens COULD trade him, but probably won't.
Maui Guy

Los Angeles, CA

#20 Aug 13, 2008
These guys are true morons who have watched waaay too many repeats of Jackass.

Let's hope they can play football, cause with their brains there won't be much else out there for them.

Pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web