Future not now

Future not now

There are 49 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jan 17, 2008, titled Future not now. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Maybe it's all of the political rhetoric that monopolizes the headlines and television airwaves during an election season, but I'm starting to buy into the idea that we're really on the verge of a new day.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
florida connection

Northbrook, IL

#43 Jan 17, 2008
Really,what the Ravens need is Marty Schottenheimer or a Bill Parcells that is going to clean the locker room out and up and demand and get respect in return>Even if it was only for one year.Let's get a NEW attitude ! The team,the fans,Balto.needs a breath of fresh air.
tony

UK

#44 Jan 17, 2008
Bmore wrote:
I agree, they are looking for the future, but this team is not that bad, that we need to do the whole rebuilding process. I say let go of JO, McNair, Rolle, Price, not to sure on C Mac or Mason. But No WAY you let go with Ray Lew, unless he asks to leave. This man is The Ravens. He should be Mayor. He is by far Not washed up yet, I see at least 2 maybe 3 more GOOD seasons left in him. Reed may be the best player on the Team, but their will never be a LEADER like Ray Lew, The Ravens would be abunch of Softees without him
i agree
Glenn

Baltimore, MD

#45 Jan 17, 2008
Billick is laughing [ real hard laughing ] his way all the way to the bank. That new rich, kinda dumb owner fired Billick to soon. What was the big rush. Now we see the people out there arn't as good as Brian. Hats off to you B. [ Modell knew what he was doing when he dumped the Ravens on the rich, kinda dumb guy.] Art might have looked like an old over the hill rolley polley owner. In truth , he is a polished proven business man. Mr. M saw the hand writing on the wall. Hats off to you.
Allen

Baltimore, MD

#46 Jan 17, 2008
Ray Lewis is a real all pro hall of famer. Since being a convict, Ray has been a good father and role model. His dad stood by him . That means a lot. Thanks Mr. Lewis for standing by your boy.
Revmagus

Odenton, MD

#47 Jan 17, 2008
jon wrote:
<quoted text>
great idea, let's trade some first round picks to cleveland for d. anderson!
Anderson was a free agent at the end of the season, we wouldn't have to give up any draft picks to get him.
Ravens Fan

Owings Mills, MD

#48 Jan 17, 2008
Glenn wrote:
Billick is laughing [ real hard laughing ] his way all the way to the bank. That new rich, kinda dumb owner fired Billick to soon. What was the big rush. Now we see the people out there arn't as good as Brian. Hats off to you B.[ Modell knew what he was doing when he dumped the Ravens on the rich, kinda dumb guy.] Art might have looked like an old over the hill rolley polley owner. In truth , he is a polished proven business man. Mr. M saw the hand writing on the wall. Hats off to you.
Oh, yeah, can you imagine Billick, sitting back with a drink in his hand, thinking, "I still get my $15 million and I don't have to deal with this dysfunctional team anymore! How great a deal is that?"

Coaching this team right now is a no-win situation: No NFL quarterbacks on the roster, no decent receivers, no offensive tackles, aging defense filled with prima donnas who don't listen to the head coach and sulk when they don't get their way.

I bleed purple, but let's face it, if you had to pick between coaching the Ravens right now and the Cowboys in a year or two, who would pick? Yeah, so did Garrett.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#49 Jan 17, 2008
Ravens Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, yeah, can you imagine Billick, sitting back with a drink in his hand, thinking, "I still get my $15 million and I don't have to deal with this dysfunctional team anymore! How great a deal is that?"
Coaching this team right now is a no-win situation: No NFL quarterbacks on the roster, no decent receivers, no offensive tackles, aging defense filled with prima donnas who don't listen to the head coach and sulk when they don't get their way.
I bleed purple, but let's face it, if you had to pick between coaching the Ravens right now and the Cowboys in a year or two, who would pick? Yeah, so did Garrett.
And you think the COWBOYS are functional?!!!

Who's going to be doing the drafting for them now? How much longer do you think T.O. can keep it together? How do you think Wade Phillips feels right about now? How long do you think Garrett will remain in Jones' good graces? And what happens when he falls OUT of Jones' good graces when the next flavor of the week HC comes along?

The Ravens aren't perfect by any means, but get real. The Cowboys are an effin joke when it comes to function/dysfunction.
GHT

Portland, OR

#50 Jan 17, 2008
Ravens Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that generally why coaches are hired? To come in and clean up the mess that the previous regime left? Really, how many coaching positions are plum?? LOL, dude, quit looking for something to bitch about and open your eyes.
GHT

Portland, OR

#51 Jan 17, 2008
skaybaltimore wrote:
<quoted text>And you think the COWBOYS are functional?!!!
Who's going to be doing the drafting for them now? How much longer do you think T.O. can keep it together? How do you think Wade Phillips feels right about now? How long do you think Garrett will remain in Jones' good graces? And what happens when he falls OUT of Jones' good graces when the next flavor of the week HC comes along?
The Ravens aren't perfect by any means, but get real. The Cowboys are an effin joke when it comes to function/dysfunction.
Dallas is a nightmare right now with Wade Phillis prolly pissed cause Jason now makes more money than he does plus looking over his back waiting to see what Jerra Jones does. Speaking of Jerra, he now runs the football football operations (remember Ireland was hired away along with Sparano) like he did before he broke down and hired Parcells. In a year Cowher is available plus whoever else. Do you really think Jerra will place Jason Carrott in the HC position if there are better coaches avilable?? A high profile coach? Who's to say the new coach would want him? A HC position for even the worst team in the NFL is still head and shoulders above a managerial job for say the Red Sox or Yankess in MLB. You never turn down a HC job because you never know what the future holds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web