Ogden to announce retirement tomorrow

Ogden to announce retirement tomorrow

There are 28 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Jun 11, 2008, titled Ogden to announce retirement tomorrow. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Ravens offensive tackle Jonathan Ogden will announce his retirement tomorrow, sources close to the 11-time Pro Bowl lineman said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Artin

United States

#21 Jun 11, 2008
Dave Johnson wrote:
It's about time. Now the Ravens will no longer be held hostage. Anyone know how much his contract will be toward the salary cap? He is so selfish to wait this long.
Dave your an idiot. What do you mean Hostage were you born yesterday ?? The organization knew they just prolonged the announcement for their own reasons. They need to share EVERYTHING with you "dave" Ogden is the BEST athlete in every sport to come out of UCLA. Pay the man homage b/c you used to be up his as*hole the the past 8-10 seasons. So to all the haters STFU
FAN20657

Grosse Pointe, MI

#22 Jun 11, 2008
All the years I watched JO I don't ever remember him committing a penalty and I don't remember him killing a drive with a stupid off-sides like some of his buddies to the right on him on the line.
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#23 Jun 11, 2008
Great Career.....I wonder who Freeney will run circles around now.It was Ogden's inability to block Freeney and Billick's failure to do anything about it that cost the Ravens a title.....Not Mcnair....No quarterback can execute an offense when the D lineman are on him as soon as he gets the ball in his hand... example Gannon against Tampa and Simeon Rice....other than that matchup the man had a hall of fame career.
Pete

Middletown, DE

#24 Jun 11, 2008
I'm sure the hyper-extended toe had something to do about it, but likely also the new hyper-extended coach. Camp Harbaugh was not what he was looking forward to after a decade of Club Billick.
Pete

Middletown, DE

#25 Jun 11, 2008
Zeier too. Apparently it was 15, ...thanks to Billick.
Roco

Mount Airy, MD

#26 Jun 11, 2008
Artin wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave your an idiot. What do you mean Hostage were you born yesterday ?? The organization knew they just prolonged the announcement for their own reasons. They need to share EVERYTHING with you "dave" Ogden is the BEST athlete in every sport to come out of UCLA. Pay the man homage b/c you used to be up his as*hole the the past 8-10 seasons. So to all the haters STFU
Gay boy, you have not a clue. Ogden waited to retire to help the Ravens on cap money. So don't make up a story to make your self look like you know what you are talking about..

Since: May 07

United States

#27 Jun 11, 2008
Good Luck "JO" Although I no longer live in Maryland --
The Ravens will always be my team. As I read the comments of a few--Are we ever look @ the good of the person, rather than dragging him through the "Pit Bull" fight.
Good luck "JO"
Goooo RAVENS
Rich

United States

#28 Jun 12, 2008
Like I've said for over a year- Look for Ogden in a New England uniform by next year. Of course he's 1st ballot to the HOFFBB (hall of fame for big babies). He quit on us and like a cheap whore (good looking and very good at her craft), and took all our money while we were passed-out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jonathan Ogden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ravens hope to unveil Lewis statue before season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Paul bleeds Purple 1
News Parcells, Sapp, Carter among 7 Hall inductees (Feb '13) Feb '13 Childress 2
News Report: Agent admits paying college players (9:... (Oct '10) Oct '10 OMG 2
News Hey, Jamison (Feb '09) Feb '09 hehehehehe 1
News Ravens release Mulitalo (Mar '07) Jan '09 Pits 26
News Something to talk about: 105.7 FM switches to s... (Nov '08) Jan '09 Bob 85
News Anderson's bounce proves fortuitous (Nov '08) Nov '08 itssteeven 3
More from around the web