Bears sweep Packers

Bears sweep Packers

There are 144 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Dec 23, 2007, titled Bears sweep Packers. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Quick: Which team was the NFC North champion playing for home-field advantage in the playoffs? Which one was the 2007 flop with nothing to play for in a lost season? The Green Bay Packers came to Soldier Field ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Michele

Mount Pleasant, SC

#1 Dec 23, 2007
Now why oh why couldn't they have played like that all season? I'll tell you; because the defense actually showed up for a change. Offensive line and offensive play calling is still horrendous. Turner MUST go! And can we please, at least get a good looking quarterback??!! Even if he sucked it would be worth watching!! Grossman & Orton make me want to barf!!
Bob from Bear Lake MI

United States

#2 Dec 23, 2007
Now that's what I call a great Christmas present!! We havn't had much to smile about this season, But I can almost hear all the packer backers whining from across the lake! Thank you, Bears!!!
Andrew

Bluffton, IN

#3 Dec 23, 2007
Special Teams really came through for the Bears. Congratulations Bears. You have quite the offseason troubles ahed of you. I would much rather be a PACKER fan than BEARS.

Dont forget to root for us during the offseason ;)

“I comment, therefore, I am!”

Since: Sep 07

Wilmette, IL

#4 Dec 23, 2007
There is not much pressure in meaningless games. That's why a really bad team can burn a really good team. Just the same, Orton played really well and deserves some kudos.
Andrew

Bluffton, IN

#5 Dec 23, 2007
I really like Orton. He went to purdue!! He definitely think he deserves his shot with the Bears. Unless of course they pick up sombody like McNabb.
eric

Neillsville, WI

#6 Dec 23, 2007
Hes better than Grossman, thats for sure!
Debbie

Rockford, IL

#8 Dec 23, 2007
Hubby & I have a co-worker who's an obnoxious Packer fan. Hopefully this game will shut him up!! Now, I only hope the Packers get spanked in the first game of the playoffs. Then we won't have to hear about them anymore.
Glen

Plainfield, IL

#9 Dec 23, 2007
Who really cares?
eric

Neillsville, WI

#10 Dec 23, 2007
Spoken from a true loser. We are going to be 12-4----13-3 and playoff bound and you guys are home to watch your team fall apart this off season.Have fun with your 5-11 next year as well@!
Merry Christmas to all!
Kenny

United States

#11 Dec 23, 2007
I heard that the Packers are about to be bought by Kimberly Clark, who is planning to rename them appropriately as the Green Bay Tampons...since they have only one string and are only good for one period.
MinisterP

Chicago, IL

#12 Dec 23, 2007
Meaningless victory.
Mushara23

Matteson, IL

#13 Dec 23, 2007
Debbie wrote:
Hubby & I have a co-worker who's an obnoxious Packer fan. Hopefully this game will shut him up!!
You'll be hearing about the Packers until, despite today's once-in-a-lifetime game, the Bears no longer stink.

Since: Oct 07

Sebastian,Fl

#15 Dec 23, 2007
Richard Friedman wrote:
There is not much pressure in meaningless games. That's why a really bad team can burn a really good team. Just the same, Orton played really well and deserves some kudos.
really bad team burning a good team who's good and who's bad here as i observed this game the Bears kicked the Packers ass and the packers will go no where in the play offs they suck

Since: Oct 07

Sebastian,Fl

#16 Dec 23, 2007
Bears SWEEP NUFF SAID
Marc

United States

#17 Dec 23, 2007
Alright, a useless win that has no bearing at all on this year or next year...way to come up big in hapless, meaningless game...Happy Holidays...
Amanda Petersen

Gurnee, IL

#18 Dec 23, 2007
Maybe those idiots shouldn't have ever ruled out Kyle Orton as a starter in the first place...not that I care...my team is doing just fine....
Congrats on a meaningless win, Chicago.
Too bad you're not going to the playoffs....
GO PACK
CindyfromWI

United States

#19 Dec 23, 2007
Owning a sports bar in WI and being a Bears fan is tough....but today, it's a Holly Jolly Christmas! SWEET SWEEP!!!!!!!
CindyfromWI

United States

#20 Dec 23, 2007
P.S. Amanda......this was FAR from meaningless! hahaha
Bill

Wichita, KS

#21 Dec 23, 2007

Why all this hostility ??

There seems to be very few true sports fans on this thread,--- and a whole lot of childish misfits.

The Bears played a fine game.

The Pack had an "off" day.

If they played again next week, the results could be reversed.

No need to get infantile about it.

Surfscooter

Florence, SC

#22 Dec 23, 2007
Where has this intensity been all season? And why wasn't Orton playing ahead of Griese all season? Lovie, the ball is in your court to provide some answers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jon Ryan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL punter thinks Chris Culliver should be susp... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Anne Ominous 1
News Seahawks' Mare looks to continue streak (Oct '10) Oct '10 spseahawks 6
News Notes: Averting cold feet (Dec '08) Dec '08 PackFan58 1
News Analysis: Packers Lacking in Close Games, But D... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Jake 2
News Mike Vandermause column: Why can't Packers GMs ... (Dec '08) Dec '08 eric 2
News Insider: Punter switch has history (Sep '08) Sep '08 mspadoni17 1
Jon Ryan Released by Packers?! (Sep '08) Sep '08 Mark 1
More from around the web