Chad is still left hanging -

Chad is still left hanging -

There are 23 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Chad is still left hanging -. In it, Newsday reports that:

Given the weirdness of the Jets' season so far, it would make sense for Chad Pennington to lose his starting quarterback job right after playing his best game, all things considered.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Desert Cat

New York, NY

#1 Oct 22, 2007
Yes, it's not just Chad but the Jets must evaluate now if Clemens is their QB of the future. With studs Brian Brohm, Colt Brennan, and Matt Ryan available in this year's draft, they have to find out now if they need to draft another QB for the future.
truth

Montgomery, AL

#2 Oct 22, 2007
get him out of there. we're not even half way through yet and are playoff hopes are done. see what the young kid can do.
jimmthejetfan

East Meadow, NY

#3 Oct 22, 2007
Its not Chad thats losing the games its the total package. The team needs a defense...they have none as of now. the rush is not a threat to any team and they still can't tackle. if the defense cant stop the other team what makes you thing the team is going to win?? if the Jets had tom brady they would still be 1-6...get a defense
the CURSE

AOL

#4 Oct 22, 2007
the Jets organization just doesnt get it. i have a hold of the so called "New York" Jets. since leaving Shea stadium, I was placed in control by the gods of pro sport. the Jets havent had a legitimate Home game since they last played at Shea. sorry Jets, but i'll be bringing you more of what you saw Sunday and have been seeing since you left Shea Stadium. enjoy!
the CURSE

AOL

#5 Oct 22, 2007
i was responsible for Testaverdes ACL also. you think its just coincidence that happened on Giants Stadium turf??
grandpa in boca

Dania, FL

#6 Oct 22, 2007
It would only be change for change sake!Chads play is far from the only problem the Jets have -the teams problems are a team and I mean the whole teams non effort.Where's Joe Willie and the boys of 69 when you need them!
jets fan

Medford, NY

#8 Oct 22, 2007
Mangini is clueless! Waaaaaaay too early in his career to be a head coach. 1 long pass and then no more? It was a perfect pass. Why not more? You have to stretch out the defense!
giradi

Orlando, FL

#9 Oct 22, 2007
give me a shot
CHAD SUCKS

Flushing, NY

#10 Oct 22, 2007
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH BOOT THIS IDIOT! SUCKS THAN AND HE SUCKS NOW! BRING BACK VINNY WE HAVE A BETTER CHANCE!
Allen - TN Jets fan

Unicoi, TN

#11 Oct 22, 2007
I don't think you can lay the blame for this season on Pennington at all. I place the blame on the coaches who are obviously over their heads - especially Mangini, who has done nothing to EARN the 'Genius' label.
Tyrone

Bronx, NY

#12 Oct 22, 2007
Newsday is a racist paper.

The title of this article had the word "haninging." Don't they know what this meant in the Jim Crow south???

They might as well have pinned a noose on every door ofd every African American in this country!

Call Rev. Al. This paper must be banned!!!
Guilty

Patterson, NY

#13 Oct 22, 2007
Not a Chad fan BUT, his play was not the cause of the collapse. predictable offensive play calling, weak defensive line, mistakes and penalties.

Simple focus issues, and what's up with the offensive play calling? First half great, couple long balls, backed up the secondary which opened the field a lil', more room, more success, running and throwing. Second half, predictable, short throws... what was it, five or six times the short 10 yarders to the left side. Papaer reported weak throw? Not weak, predictable, they were looking for it and got it too. Run straight up the middle how many times? Offensive line can't open holes, can't provide a pocket for chad to operate in, he's always moving and running for his life. See how many times he got slammed to the ground? Take a look at some of the more successful teams offensively and tell me what those lines are doing! Dropped balls were a factor as well. Defensively we were an embarrassment! Anyone else see the defensive line keep getting pushed back? No penetration, seemed no strength too, whatever way the wanted to run they got a hole, couldn't close it up. Not Chad's fault... Chad's faults were not picking up a few of the blitz's, bad snap and a few rushed balls... not bad day for him. Jones better get moving too what a waste so far.

My two cents.
TKasper01

Raleigh, NC

#14 Oct 22, 2007
Please this is the team that Anderson from the Browns hung over 50 pts on this D. Chad completes one long pass and all is forgotten? He cannot attack the area that is 15-25 yards from the LOS. This allows everyone to crowd 8 in the box. This loss is his fault. KC will not make us a winner but we will have 9 games to eval the kid and see what we have before the draft and FA.
JETSASUSUAL

Glen Rock, PA

#15 Oct 22, 2007
Pennington was never good. He was hyped way too much and all bought into it. He is a college QB at best. Everyone kept saying he was such a great at cheering and getting his motins into the game. OK well guess what..That is why we have cheerleaders. Toss him in the pile of Jets hopes of QBs and seasons. What a waste of time and money he was.
Scott from LB

United States

#16 Oct 22, 2007
They have so many problems that it's unfair to point out just him... however I think that they need to decide a plan for the future. If they plan on keeping Chad for the next few years then stay with him. If they decide to go with Clemens then now is the time to see what he looks like. The problem with Pennington is that he will always play well enough to keep him in... however you will probally never win a super bowl with him as the starter.
deadkurtrulz

Crouse, NC

#17 Oct 22, 2007
Agreed. Chad was a typical product of Jet fan hype - two good games in a row and they have you in the HOF. He is a dink and dunk monster created by Paul Hackett to whom Chad owes about 22M dollars worth of thanks. That said - considering his two LUCKY TD passes his numbers yesterday look good but he lost the game with his soft toss TD to the Bengals. The Jets are very weak on OL and DL - they get pushed around alot. Put Browning Nagle in and see if he has anything because you need to know if he is the guy.

Anyone that watches the games knows by now Chad is NOT the guy.

What's another decade Jet fans ?
YOUR RASCIST

Flushing, NY

#18 Oct 22, 2007
Tyrone wrote:
Newsday is a racist paper.
The title of this article had the word "haninging." Don't they know what this meant in the Jim Crow south???
They might as well have pinned a noose on every door ofd every African American in this country!
Call Rev. Al. This paper must be banned!!!
AND SO IS YOUR DADDY UGLY AL!
Bob

Pittston, PA

#19 Oct 22, 2007
Chad in a west coast offense with a competent coordinator and coach would torch teams. He's not hype, he's intelligence. Athleticism is a combination of physical ability with me intelligence. In my opinion one of the brightest guys in the game. If he were a 49er and mariucci was coaching them, they'd be winning football games. The only reason I root for the jets is that i thought chad was the second coming of that rubber armed no good 4 time super bowl 3rd round draft pick Joe Montana. Hey you know what you loser Jet fans I'd love to see Chad sit and you can watch anybody in there dance around behind an overrated center. I like KC i think he's a tremendous athlete but this isn't the plummer/cutler switch. Pennington is only 30 years old where his experience should be putting him in the prime of his career. But hey when Shotty calls 4 outs to the left side in a row what do you want, would an out-and-up have hurt anybody? A little pump and you could've had another long ball from chad's weak arm
jets fan

Selden, NY

#20 Oct 22, 2007
Bob wrote:
Chad in a west coast offense with a competent coordinator and coach would torch teams. He's not hype, he's intelligence. Athleticism is a combination of physical ability with me intelligence. In my opinion one of the brightest guys in the game. If he were a 49er and mariucci was coaching them, they'd be winning football games. The only reason I root for the jets is that i thought chad was the second coming of that rubber armed no good 4 time super bowl 3rd round draft pick Joe Montana. Hey you know what you loser Jet fans I'd love to see Chad sit and you can watch anybody in there dance around behind an overrated center. I like KC i think he's a tremendous athlete but this isn't the plummer/cutler switch. Pennington is only 30 years old where his experience should be putting him in the prime of his career. But hey when Shotty calls 4 outs to the left side in a row what do you want, would an out-and-up have hurt anybody? A little pump and you could've had another long ball from chad's weak arm
My exact thoughts ! Jets coaching staff just said "whats an out and up?" Mangini and crew are clueless.
RichieO

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#21 Oct 23, 2007
Its time to move foward and see if this kid can play. Trade Chad...maybe we can get a 3rd round pick for him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnathan Joseph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Houston Texans turn out for Johnathan Joseph fu... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Jadeveon Clowney, Johnathan Joseph day-to-day, ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Morning after: Madden-like win and a little Tex... (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Texansa Foster, Johnson, Cushing out vs. Falcons (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Palmer's short stint perfect, Arizona beats Texans (Aug '14) Aug '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 8
News Phillips named Texans interim coach (Nov '13) Apr '14 Pillipsfarts 4
News Texans coach Kubiak concerned as injuries mount (Dec '12) Jul '13 Frank Phartz 2
More from around the web