Ravens secondary will be tested vs. B...

Ravens secondary will be tested vs. Bengals

There are 22 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 11, 2007, titled Ravens secondary will be tested vs. Bengals. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The Ravens will play the Cincinnati Bengals today without three of their top five cornerbacks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
roadglide

Winter Park, FL

#1 Nov 11, 2007
and the joke begins if biscotti dosnt fire billick after this game then its evedent that hes just sucking the money out of balt like the other owner
Ravens fan in Boston

Boston, MA

#2 Nov 11, 2007
The season is over. after today the Ravens will be 4-5 and 0-4 in the division. And Billick isn't going anywhere, as he has 3 years left on his contract.
roadglide

Winter Park, FL

#3 Nov 11, 2007
Ravens fan in Boston wrote:
The season is over. after today the Ravens will be 4-5 and 0-4 in the division. And Billick isn't going anywhere, as he has 3 years left on his contract.
well one can hope
Brian

Westminster, MD

#4 Nov 11, 2007
I am so tired of columnist, and Billick, saying things like the "Fans are cheering Boller after once cheering his injury." The fans that cheered the injury were a small number in one part of the stadium, and anyone at the game knows that....it was by no means a lot of people. Also, the fact that we are cheering for Boller to come in doesn't mean we think he is Johnny U., it just means he is better by a long shot over McNair....who just looks done!
Adam

La Plata, MD

#5 Nov 11, 2007
Look if you've been fed mush the whole year, you'd cheer if you saw a box of macroni and cheese too. That being McNair being mush and Boller being the macroni and cheese.
old19fan

Baltimore, MD

#6 Nov 11, 2007
Who cares about Boller he isn't the answer anyhow. The answer is either Troy Smith or nobody on the roster right now. Hark, I hear Derek Anderson may be available if they break the bank!
RavensLJ

Huntingtown, MD

#7 Nov 11, 2007
whether or not billick is the problem I really don't know. his same playbook led the ravens to a 13-3 record last year. Mcnairs play has been the biggest difference imo. FWIW, the injuries haven't helped matters either though.
mark

Chesapeake Beach, MD

#8 Nov 11, 2007
There are two constants on the offensive ( and it is offensive as in dreck)side for the last 9 years; Jonathan Ogden, who gets no blame in this disaster, and Brian Billick. For 9 years, with countless different players, we have been offered up this unmitigated dreck of an offense and only one constant counts, Brian Billick. No he can't make them pass,catch or run but no matter who we field in the various positions, this is what we get. I am a Baltimore Colt fan from the end of the 50's through departure and I am not asking for a scoring machine like them, I love defense but something palatable on offense.Now a Raven season ticket holder and either Billick must go or an independent Offensive Co-ordinator ( no genius or guru please) if we just can't afford to eat his contract or trying to cover an administrative error in giving him his most recent contract. It is painful to watch and we have punished a Super Bowl quality defense for the past 8 years.
Will

AOL

#9 Nov 11, 2007
Its painfully obvious that McNair is at the end of his career. Hes not doing any good for himself and his team by staying in there when he has nothing left to give. Step a side and let Boller see what he can do with the offence. Boller has flashes. But he makes the dumb throw that takes points away. with boller in there we have chance to at least get into the red zone. once we get there we need to score. not those field goals. 7 points! Run the Ball! Run McGahee! give the ball to Musa Smith. give it to Mike Anderson! we have to run! get Figures in there throw it deep! hes the fastest guy in the draft. use him to our advantage. its a 50-50 chance for a penalty anyways with the rules now a days. so go for it!
Matthew

Portsmouth, VA

#10 Nov 11, 2007
So what information does McNair have that he is black mailing Billick with to even make this line serious after the past two games?

"But for now, Billick insisted McNair remains the starter and Boller is still the backup."
jon dey

Shediac, Canada

#11 Nov 11, 2007
If you really want to help the team, RETIRE and take Billick with you!!!!!!!
Floyd

Gwynn Oak, MD

#12 Nov 11, 2007
Draw play.
5 down and slant.
Great play calling.
Great game plan.

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#13 Nov 11, 2007
old19fan wrote:
Who cares about Boller he isn't the answer anyhow. The answer is either Troy Smith or nobody on the roster right now. Hark, I hear Derek Anderson may be available if they break the bank!
I know this is just killin ya. But while most people are at least honest enough to freely admit that while Boller might not be "the answer", he's so much better than McNair it's not even funny, I know it's not in you to do so. But how can someone who has railed at Boller's misgivings in the past not apply the same standard when McNair does the same exact thing?

Here's reality, Spike/Tex/Old19fan:

Kyle Boller's final 7 games before lossing his job to Steve McNair:

Record: 4-3
Avg points per game: 23.1
Avg yards per attempt: 6.5
Touchdowns: 13
Turnovers: 8

Steve McNair's last 7 games since 06 playoff loss to the Colts:

Record: 2-5
Avg points per game: 12.5
Avg yards per attempt: 5.4
Touchdowns: 2
Turnovers: 14

Deal with it, or shut up already.
Patrick Grantland

United States

#14 Nov 11, 2007
Time to blow up this team, sooner the better starting with Billick and let the new coach bring in his coaches.Ten years of no offence and yet we still pretend it will change.
Kevin

Cumberland, MD

#15 Nov 11, 2007
Stick a fork in them - they're done . . . .
Doug

Hagerstown, MD

#16 Nov 11, 2007
If Boller would have STARTED (which he should have been in since halftime of last week)we would have won the game. Guaranteed! Billick is insane! His hardheaded loyalty to Mcnair will cost him his job. Hopefully this week.
david

Miami Beach, FL

#17 Nov 11, 2007
Hey Biscotti. Grow a pair. Fire Billick, and do it now. I don't give a d*mn if you have to eat that salary; you're an idiot for resigning him in the first place. If for no other reason, Billick has coached his way out of a job just for insisting on starting a QB that everybody on the planet can see has nothing left. HOW THE HELL CAN YOU START MCNAIR AGAIN?????

Since: Nov 07

Baltimore, MD

#18 Nov 11, 2007
Doug wrote:
If Boller would have STARTED (which he should have been in since halftime of last week)we would have won the game. Guaranteed! Billick is insane! His hardheaded loyalty to Mcnair will cost him his job. Hopefully this week.
Billick is absolutely insane. Not only did he start McNair in this game, he's already saying that he plans to start McNair next week against the Browns. Einstein's definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly while expecting different results. Billick is not only an arrogant ass, he's insane to boot. It turns my stomach to see him on the sideline, marching up and down as if HE'S somehow the victim. Meh...this season is over, and it's up to Bisciotti to do the right thing now and end this insanity already.
Jack Lee

Laurel, MD

#19 Nov 11, 2007
roadglide wrote:
and the joke begins if biscotti dosnt fire billick after this game then its evedent that hes just sucking the money out of balt like the other owner
No chance of that. Kind of an ignorant comment even to say it.
Matt

Glen Burnie, MD

#20 Nov 11, 2007
Horseshit. The offense sucks. It has always sucked under Billick, and it always wil.

This is the coach who cut Derrick Anderson, the star QB on the Browns now.

Way to go coach. Freaking idiot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Thornton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News John Thornton Doesn't See Brad Childress Being ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Cheap GHD Hair St... 1
Is John Thornton still playing (Jun '09) Jun '09 PMS 1
News Palmer weathering storm (Sep '08) Sep '08 Kev 2
News Bengals' defensive collapse might be the worst ... (Sep '07) Sep '07 j turner 1
News Bengals Monday Night props (Aug '07) Aug '07 ADK 1
News Bengals upset at miscreant teammates (Jan '07) Jan '07 dat 2
News Henry added to injury report as probable (Nov '06) Dec '06 Montauk 2
More from around the web