Chicago Bears await John St. Clair's ...

Chicago Bears await John St. Clair's decision of whether he's s...

There are 17 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 16, 2009, titled Chicago Bears await John St. Clair's decision of whether he's s.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The Bears are prepared to move forward without offensive tackle John St. Clair as they begin their three-day mini-camp Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Deep Dish

La Grange Park, IL

#1 Mar 16, 2009
LOL 3 years 4 million. Typical Angelo move. Wow, can they low ball him anymore? That's really a slap to the face. I know he's nothing special by any means but what justifies the Omiyale 4 year 14 million contract he received and he's an even bigger unknown.

They're looking to fix a leak on a submarine by simply applying a band aid and I think we all know how that works out.

BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOT T/BOYCOTT
Yop

United States

#2 Mar 17, 2009
It's called making him set his own market, brainiac. Why would you bid against yourself?

You're a typical Bears Fan Idiot.
max

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Mar 17, 2009
I have to agree with Yop. Why would you offer St. Claire more than a 1 to 2 million a year when there's not much of a market for him. If he gets an offer of 2 to 4 million a year then you decide if he's worth that, let him go, or match it.
Ray Finkle

Hazel Crest, IL

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Sure that's fine. The Bears don't need offensive tackles, or wide receivers, or quarterbacks, or safeties.
Tino

Ft Mitchell, KY

#5 Mar 17, 2009
Omiyale played tackle at Carolina and by all reports played very well. Oh yeah, and he is only 26. What I don't understand is why he would be starting at left guard. What happened to Beekman? Is he hurt or is this another case of replace a player without competition even though he played very well the year before, i.e.- anderson for brown.
Bruno

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 17, 2009
If this guy needs this long to figure out whether or not he wants to accept the Bears offer then the Bears should rescind the offer and tell him to pound sand.Who does this guy think he is? Forget about him.It's not like having him will make much of a difference anyway.Unless the Bears do something relevant this off season I agree that the fans should boycott.
max

Milwaukee, WI

#7 Mar 17, 2009
Tino, from other reports, I get the feeling that Garza might be the odd man out or Ominyale might slide into Tait's spot.
max

Milwaukee, WI

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Bruno, I agree that St. Claire should have made up his mind, but it's only March 17th. Let's give the offseason a bit more time and remember that teams might start trimming players because of roster bonuses. I'm not sure if anyone's thought of an inhouse candidate for WR that's gone under the radar: Brandon Rideau. I thought he had a pretty descent training camp in 08.
ldc

State College, PA

#9 Mar 17, 2009
Let him go.

The team needs bigger players that can open lanes for Forte. St. Clair cannot do that.

Truth is, a lot of guys are still out there arguably better than St. Clair at RT. After all, if St. Clair was so good, he would have been signed in the first week.

Pace, Jennings, Schaffer, and soon Levi Jones will each be upgrades over St. Clair.

And I want Frank the Tank inside. Beekman is servicable, but not a adequate guard. He's a center.

In fact, they had three centers playing in the middle this past year.
matt

Des Moines, IA

#10 Mar 17, 2009
I agree, let him go. He dropped so many blocks last year it was ridiculous. Get someone on the O-line that can actually BLOCK.
JMFB

Clearwater, FL

#11 Mar 17, 2009
I agree also. Let him go!

Since: Mar 09

Wheaton Illinois

#12 Mar 17, 2009
Deep Dish wrote:
LOL 3 years 4 million. Typical Angelo move. Wow, can they low ball him anymore? That's really a slap to the face. I know he's nothing special by any means but what justifies the Omiyale 4 year 14 million contract he received and he's an even bigger unknown.
They're looking to fix a leak on a submarine by simply applying a band aid and I think we all know how that works out.
BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOT T/BOYCOTT
Deep Dish

In Answer to your posts:

BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOT T/BOYCOTT You and your posts.(Laughing)

Is that all you know how to say? Boycott!

Come on man get real. If you want to Boycott, then fine do it.

Don't lambaste everyone else with it. YOU are like a broken record.

I respect your opinions and actions. "Did I just say that"?

Now on to the REAL subject of the Debate about J.A. and the BEARS ROSTER.

Can anyone quote St Claire stats while he has been with the BEARS?

JA must feel as though he is not worth the risk of the money IF he comes back to the BEARS. Who knows what goes through that J.A.((Jack.*SS.) see the irony in his initials?) man's mind and how he thinks.

From now on I will refer to JA as J.A. See paragraph above for distinction.

I really think he is low balling St. Claire to see what kind of interest there is in him. Then after any interest if any is shown. Then he will decide what to offer and if he wants to make another offer at all.

J.A. does not show very much loyalty to the players who have busted their humps for him throughout the years.

There have been a few he has rewarded, but not necessarily the right ones.

Now let's not get on Any one player in particulars case about their signings/extensions. That has been covered by tomes of posts already.

This is about the Players that HE IS NOT GOING AFTER TO IMPROVE THE TEAM NOW!!

Shall we as fans try to start an Oust J.A. movement? Just like they would do a Fire the head coach in other cities?

Who is in support of the oust J.A. Movement?

GO BEARS!!!
max

Milwaukee, WI

#13 Mar 17, 2009
J W Wheaton wrote:
<quoted text>
Deep Dish
In Answer to your posts:
BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOTT/BOYCOT T/BOYCOTT You and your posts.(Laughing)
Is that all you know how to say? Boycott!
Come on man get real. If you want to Boycott, then fine do it.
Don't lambaste everyone else with it. YOU are like a broken record.
I respect your opinions and actions. "Did I just say that"?
Now on to the REAL subject of the Debate about J.A. and the BEARS ROSTER.
Can anyone quote St Claire stats while he has been with the BEARS?
JA must feel as though he is not worth the risk of the money IF he comes back to the BEARS. Who knows what goes through that J.A.((Jack.*SS.) see the irony in his initials?) man's mind and how he thinks.
From now on I will refer to JA as J.A. See paragraph above for distinction.
I really think he is low balling St. Claire to see what kind of interest there is in him. Then after any interest if any is shown. Then he will decide what to offer and if he wants to make another offer at all.
J.A. does not show very much loyalty to the players who have busted their humps for him throughout the years.
There have been a few he has rewarded, but not necessarily the right ones.
Now let's not get on Any one player in particulars case about their signings/extensions. That has been covered by tomes of posts already.
This is about the Players that HE IS NOT GOING AFTER TO IMPROVE THE TEAM NOW!!
Shall we as fans try to start an Oust J.A. movement? Just like they would do a Fire the head coach in other cities?
Who is in support of the oust J.A. Movement?
GO BEARS!!!
Give me specific players you wanted Chicago to go after? Instead of most of the posts on here that insult each other let's have an open dialogue about this.
Concerned

Rapid City, SD

#14 Mar 17, 2009
Well its official, St Clair is gone. I guess we are going to draft most of our offensive line this year? I guess the Bears were only willing to pay for St Clair if he was going to take the minimum. If the Bears wanted to get younger on the O line then mission accomplished. I guess a retread (like Pace?) will still be out of the question? Good luck Orton. Anything more than a three step drop and you are TOAST!

Wheaton Illinois

#15 Mar 17, 2009
max wrote:
<quoted text>
Give me specific players you wanted Chicago to go after? Instead of most of the posts on here that insult each other let's have an open dialogue about this.
Why are you going to go out and get those players?
I never attacked either you or Deep Dish on this or any other BLOG.
What Dialogue I have with others is none of your Business, J.A. Wannabe!
I'll tell you what; I'll get right on that list Mien Furher; and then you can go right out and get those players for the BEARS.
Then you can say you were/are the Savior of the BEARS Franchise.
max

Milwaukee, WI

#16 Mar 17, 2009
J W Wheaton wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you going to go out and get those players?
I never attacked either you or Deep Dish on this or any other BLOG.
What Dialogue I have with others is none of your Business, J.A. Wannabe!
I'll tell you what; I'll get right on that list Mien Furher; and then you can go right out and get those players for the BEARS.
Then you can say you were/are the Savior of the BEARS Franchise.
First off, I wasn't attacking you. I was referring to most of the posters on here that whine and complain and hurl insults at people instead of having an intellectual conversation. I guess you ARE just like those people who would rather insult. Thank you for proving my point.

Wheaton Illinois

#17 Mar 17, 2009
max wrote:
<quoted text>
First off, I wasn't attacking you. I was referring to most of the posters on here that whine and complain and hurl insults at people instead of having an intellectual conversation. I guess you ARE just like those people who would rather insult. Thank you for proving my point.
First off:

You used my post to do your RANTING. Wat was I supposed to think. You would react even more ticked than I did. Face it; I am right.

Next time answer whatever you want on my post, then post an additional reply to do your post to me.

The fact of the matter you acted like you were taking over control of the BEARS in your RANT.

Then why attack me when I asked you a question?

If someone posted that the way you did, on one of your posts you would of went screaming to high heaven, having a Heard of Cows or at least a Bull and a Cow or two.

It seems you want it both ways you can rip on people but people cannot rip on you. Much like a cub fan wants it.

Why can't people just get along. Take some good natured ribbing and get over it.

Man I hope I never need a replacement Broom handle. They are all busy being hidden up everyone's backsides. Good thing I have new Brooms.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Tait Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL first-round draft picks overpriced (Apr '09) Apr '09 Jeebs 36
News Tackle Kevin Shaffer to sign with Chicago Bears (Mar '09) Apr '09 Mr Breeze 54
News Tackle Orlando Pace visits Chicago Bears (Mar '09) Apr '09 pete 54
News Pace, Lucas visit Halas Hall (Mar '09) Mar '09 No_More_Rexcuses 19
News Bears, Shaffer agree to terms (Mar '09) Mar '09 Sage Rosenfolds 6
News Chris Williams more critical than ever for Chic... (Mar '09) Mar '09 USMC Bears Fan 68
News Bears explore options after John St. Clair bolts (Mar '09) Mar '09 Bill 28
More from around the web