Packers DL Harrell gone for season, R...

Packers DL Harrell gone for season, RB Grant out

There are 19 comments on the Salon.com story from Sep 13, 2010, titled Packers DL Harrell gone for season, RB Grant out. In it, Salon.com reports that:

Justin Harrell's season is over and the defensive lineman's future with the Green Bay Packers is in doubt.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salon.com.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1 Sep 13, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHA.The Packers injuries are mounting as the Vikings get healthier.Its a good thing you play the Bills.HAHAHAHAHAHA
eric

Denmark, WI

#2 Sep 13, 2010
IT sucks as the young man never played and or got a chance,but, again he never played so what did the Packer lose here ( besides the draft pick 4 years ago)( i mean right now) we jsut bring back Wynn who played as well as he did anyway.
It just sucks for the young man as he busted his ass by all accounts to be healthy and he practiced ect and just couldnt stay healthy.
Dont worry Bleeds Purple we will get another lineman back in a week or 2 and losing Ryan Grant although a starter may not be as bad as you might think, Jackson played well in his absents vs Philly and FB John Kuhn can play RB as well and he is a good blocker as well and can catch the ball as well. You just worry about getting your offense on the same page and getting the rust off of Brett and keep him from moving around that old body on that bum ankle and we shall meet you in a month and a half or so to do battle

Since: Aug 08

Green Bay, WI

#3 Sep 14, 2010
Bleeds Purple wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHA.The Packers injuries are mounting as the Vikings get healthier.Its a good thing you play the Bills.HAHAHAHAHAHA
Spoken like a true Queenie fan. Keep counting those chickens before they hatch, my friend. We shall see soon enough which team brings the goods.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Sep 14, 2010
It's been five years of NOT playing. Although unfortunate for Harrell, it has little effect on the Packers, except to free up the millions of dollars wasted on him each year.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Sep 14, 2010
I wish Justin well. I hope he recovers, signs a minimum deal next year with the Packers, and EARNS a roster spot. He may eventually pay the Packers what he owes them.
eric

Denmark, WI

#6 Sep 14, 2010
Sad isnt it?
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#7 Sep 14, 2010
eric wrote:
Sad isnt it?
What will you guys do without Grant? Looks like his season is over.
packerhacker

Lake In The Hills, IL

#8 Sep 14, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
It's been five years of NOT playing. Although unfortunate for Harrell, it has little effect on the Packers, except to free up the millions of dollars wasted on him each year.
Missing grant for the season might have an effect.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#9 Sep 14, 2010
The Packers must be really crushed right now.With Grant gone for the season defenses can just hone in on Rodgers.Looks like the seasons over.No more Superbowl.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Sep 14, 2010
packerhacker wrote:
<quoted text> Missing grant for the season might have an effect.
I agree. The Packer's depth was sure to get tested at some point. I hope Jackson can rise to the occasion. In times Of difficulty lies opportunity. This is Jackson's opportunity.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#11 Sep 14, 2010
Bleeds Purple wrote:
The Packers must be really crushed right now.With Grant gone for the season defenses can just hone in on Rodgers.Looks like the seasons over.No more Superbowl.
No Superbowl. Isn't that the Vikings motto?
Jeremy

Mooreton, ND

#12 Sep 14, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. The Packer's depth was sure to get tested at some point. I hope Jackson can rise to the occasion. In times Of difficulty lies opportunity. This is Jackson's opportunity.
Just like when Majikowski went down? I like Jackson's chances, he will take this opportunity and run with it, no pun intended.
answerman

Appleton, WI

#13 Sep 14, 2010
I think Jackson will be fine, but the Packers need to find someone to fill the role he was supposed to be in. John Kuhn was never intended to be the change of pace halfback.

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#14 Sep 14, 2010
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
No Superbowl. Isn't that the Vikings motto?
You said that not me.Good luck with Jackson and Nance.HAHAHAHAHA
eric

Denmark, WI

#15 Sep 14, 2010
I like John Kuhn, a big ole FB who can play RB as well,they will be fine.
The only thing i wonder about Jackson is how many carries will he have before he wares down?
I expect to see Corey Hall in the backfield a bit more as well, as well as the big kid they drafted last year
eric

Denmark, WI

#16 Sep 14, 2010
Just reading,Grant has some escalator clauses in his contract for next year.I wonder if the Packers will make him restructure his deal,cut him or just leave everything as status quo and move on even though hes coming off an injury.
With a nice pay raise and Grant hitting 30,off an injury and Lets say Brandon Jackson can pickup 1200 yards or so,that will def be an interesting situation indeed
answerman

Appleton, WI

#17 Sep 14, 2010
Did a little research on Dimitri Nance (I admit it, I hadn't even heard of him before today). This doesn't sound bad at all... the Falcons tried to sign him off the practice squad to avoid losing him to the Packers. They really liked him a lot. Problem was there were way too many backs in front of him in Atlanta.

All indications are that he's a pretty good pickup... he's already familiar with the offense (it's very similar to what Atlanta runs), and given a chance to play, he just might take over the position. At worst, he'll make a nice one-two punch with Jackson, and if/when Starks plays this year it just might be a nice problem to have.

And remember, nobody knew who Ryan Grant was before the Packers picked him up from the Giants. It's a pretty similar situation.

I feel pretty good about this. I don't think any of us Packer fans ever were convinced that Ryan Grant was destined to be a superstar. Is he good? Definitely. Is he elite? Not so sure. This team can make a player better... I believe it happened with Grant, and it can happen again. We'll be fine.
Jeremy

United States

#18 Sep 14, 2010
answerman wrote:
Did a little research on Dimitri Nance (I admit it, I hadn't even heard of him before today). This doesn't sound bad at all... the Falcons tried to sign him off the practice squad to avoid losing him to the Packers. They really liked him a lot. Problem was there were way too many backs in front of him in Atlanta.
All indications are that he's a pretty good pickup... he's already familiar with the offense (it's very similar to what Atlanta runs), and given a chance to play, he just might take over the position. At worst, he'll make a nice one-two punch with Jackson, and if/when Starks plays this year it just might be a nice problem to have.
And remember, nobody knew who Ryan Grant was before the Packers picked him up from the Giants. It's a pretty similar situation.
I feel pretty good about this. I don't think any of us Packer fans ever were convinced that Ryan Grant was destined to be a superstar. Is he good? Definitely. Is he elite? Not so sure. This team can make a player better... I believe it happened with Grant, and it can happen again. We'll be fine.
yes they will,I'm going to the game can't wait! Should be a win to enjoy!
Danger

Sioux Falls, SD

#19 Sep 14, 2010
Bleeds Purple wrote:
The Packers must be really crushed right now.With Grant gone for the season defenses can just hone in on Rodgers.Looks like the seasons over.No more Superbowl.
Yeah, good call, because everyone spent their time honing in on our running attack before this. They'll finally be able to spend their time thinking about Rodgers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kuhn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers corral Cowboys (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Shy of the Packers' Run Game, Team Limiting Gro... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Pete SamprAssfarts 2
News 5 UDFAs Who Will Make the Green Bay Packers' 53... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Green Bay Packers tabbed as 'winners' in free a... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spielman 2
News Kuhn still might have something to prove (Apr '14) Apr '14 Yelling Slang 2
News Updating Green Bay Packers' Salary-Cap Situatio... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Flynnished 2
News Green Bay Packers Must Re-Sign John Kuhn (Mar '14) Mar '14 eric 8
More from around the web