YDR Opinion: White roses and thorns

Jan 1, 2011 Read more: The York Daily Record
WHITE ROSES: To a new, fresh year. Here's hoping 2011 will be better than the last couple of economically depressed years. Read more
Penelope

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2011
Roses to Geothermal Heating @ the Court House! It is the best thing that could be done to save our tax dollars...the best in energy efficiency, and the longest in life-span. Geothermal HVAC is the renewable technology that makes sense. read all about in the best book on the subject, "Geothermal HVAC, Green Heating and Cooling" form McGraw Hill. Google "Geothermal Book'
Ross

Des Moines, IA

#2 Jan 1, 2011
At first I had to double check to see if I was in the right forum after reading this post?

All those alternative energy means sound good on paper until you realize how long it will take you to recoup your investment. An example was the time I was very interested in getting a hybrid until I asked the dealer a question. I wanted to know how much those fancy batteries in the car cost and how long they would last. The answer definitely wasn't worth the 5 mpg I would have saved.

BURN COAL! It's abundant, cheap, dirty and may cause some health issues. I remember when I was a kid, crawling up on my rooftop so I could get a good sniff through my chimney. Damn, that was good stuff! Maybe that's why I am like I am ;~(
GO COAL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kuhn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shy of the Packers' Run Game, Team Limiting Gro... Dec '14 Pete SamprAssfarts 2
News 5 UDFAs Who Will Make the Green Bay Packers' 53... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Green Bay Packers tabbed as 'winners' in free a... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spielman 2
News Kuhn still might have something to prove (Apr '14) Apr '14 Yelling Slang 2
News Updating Green Bay Packers' Salary-Cap Situatio... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Flynnished 2
News Green Bay Packers Must Re-Sign John Kuhn (Mar '14) Mar '14 eric 8
News Packers' special teams very special on Sunday (Jan '14) Jan '14 Laughing bear Fan 1
More from around the web