Restricted free agents stay with Packers

Restricted free agents stay with Packers

There are 6 comments on the Green Bay Press-Gazette story from Apr 18, 2009, titled Restricted free agents stay with Packers. In it, Green Bay Press-Gazette reports that:

None of the Green Bay Packers' remaining restricted free agents signed an offer sheet with another team before Friday's deadline, meaning Atari Bigby, Jason Hunter, John Kuhn and Ruvell Martin all will return to the team.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Green Bay Press-Gazette.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Apr 19, 2009
The good news: Packers keep players from last year.

The bad news: Packers keep players from last year.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#2 Apr 19, 2009
It seems that TT has nothing to worry about when it comes to other teams wanting to raid his picks.
eric

Necedah, WI

#3 Apr 19, 2009
In stead of bashing the GM,did it ever occur they didn't want to give the Packers a draft pick for compensation for the player signed?
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Apr 19, 2009
eric wrote:
In stead of bashing the GM,did it ever occur they didn't want to give the Packers a draft pick for compensation for the player signed?
Did it ever occur to you that their "not wanting to give the Packers a draft pick for compensation" for a player acquired by TT was my whole point.
normallylikeyell ow

Martinsburg, PA

#5 Apr 21, 2009
Okay you two! Bigby is a solid player when healthy, as is Kuhn. Ruvell Martin doesn't play a lot on offense, but had 4 TDs. Hunter is a speical teams mainstay. Ironically we didn't draft any of these players, though we did sign Martin and Hunter as UFAs, if I'm not mistaken.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#6 Apr 22, 2009
normallylikeyellow wrote:
Okay you two! Bigby is a solid player when healthy, as is Kuhn. Ruvell Martin doesn't play a lot on offense, but had 4 TDs. Hunter is a speical teams mainstay. Ironically we didn't draft any of these players, though we did sign Martin and Hunter as UFAs, if I'm not mistaken.
I agree, it is ironic. I guess it is possible to build a team in other ways than the draft. When will our GM start to believe this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Kuhn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers corral Cowboys (Dec '15) Dec '15 Fart news 4
News Shy of the Packers' Run Game, Team Limiting Gro... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Pete SamprAssfarts 2
News 5 UDFAs Who Will Make the Green Bay Packers' 53... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Green Bay Packers tabbed as 'winners' in free a... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spielman 2
News Kuhn still might have something to prove (Apr '14) Apr '14 Yelling Slang 2
News Updating Green Bay Packers' Salary-Cap Situatio... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Flynnished 2
News Green Bay Packers Must Re-Sign John Kuhn (Mar '14) Mar '14 eric 8
More from around the web