Five Keys for the Redskins

Full story: Baltimore Sun

He must stay on the field for the Redskins since backup Jason Campbell isn't ready and journeyman Todd Collins looked shaky during the preseason.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
bill

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2006

I guess you didn't see game 4 of the pre-season!!!!!
Travis Bickle

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2006

How 'bout dem cowboys?
xbuck

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2006

Dem cowboys ROCK!
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2006

I got a key for those Skins....get a clue!!!!!!!!
QB Joe

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2006

Brunell has as much throwing power as a grandma on Muncaster Mill. The Redskins star offense team of Moss, Randle El and Brendan cant do a thing until the ball gets to them. Brunell can barely stay on his feet after a snap. leave alone heave a ball to someone. And when will be see Page 2 of the 700 page playbook ? It all comes down to the preseason. As goes a preseason, so goes a team !!!
Stus Skins

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2006

QB Joe wrote:
Brunell has as much throwing power as a grandma on Muncaster Mill. The Redskins star offense team of Moss, Randle El and Brendan cant do a thing until the ball gets to them. Brunell can barely stay on his feet after a snap. leave alone heave a ball to someone. And when will be see Page 2 of the 700 page playbook ? It all comes down to the preseason. As goes a preseason, so goes a team !!!
Just like in 88 (0-4) when we won the Superbowl!!! thanks for the reminder and go Skins
Stus Skins

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2006

WeHaveStarPower wrote:
I got a key for those Skins....get a clue!!!!!!!!
I got a clue for you " Clinton Portis"!!!
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2006

If one player makes this offense go, then y'all are in real big trouble! Notice that Betts had more yards than Portis against a pitiful Texans D. Against a defense like my Cowboys the best they could do was "3 and out" and less than 120 yards total until garbage time! Don't take that lil victory against a div II team to seriously, my friend. Let's see how y'all do next week against Jacksonville.
Stus Skins

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2006

WeHaveStarPower wrote:
If one player makes this offense go, then y'all are in real big trouble! Notice that Betts had more yards than Portis against a pitiful Texans D. Against a defense like my Cowboys the best they could do was "3 and out" and less than 120 yards total until garbage time! Don't take that lil victory against a div II team to seriously, my friend. Let's see how y'all do next week against Jacksonville.
True, but if you combine the rushing numbers they are similar to what Saunders was doing last year with Johnson and Holmes. This will help keep Portis healthier down the stretch after his injury. After they beat Jax, then we will be back on the map.
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 25, 2006

Stus Skins wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but if you combine the rushing numbers they are similar to what Saunders was doing last year with Johnson and Holmes. This will help keep Portis healthier down the stretch after his injury. After they beat Jax, then we will be back on the map.
I agree. A win against JAX will validate your claims. We will see...
cb skinz

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2006

I think Brunell is a great quarterback. Can anyone say Heath Shuler? I'll take mark anyday Mark any day over Baby Heath.
Stus Skins

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2006

cb skinz wrote:
I think Brunell is a great quarterback. Can anyone say Heath Shuler? I'll take mark anyday Mark any day over Baby Heath.
yeah, good point Brunell on a terrible day (statistically) is better then Shuler on Shulers best day (including the Tenn days); like he say's when the Skins win they call hom a Savvy Veteran when they lose well you know....
cb skinz

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2006

I don't care what anyone says. Gibbs is a great coach with very good instincts. The only thing I worry about is having a backup or the "future" quarterback position being settled. I think Gibbs might have fouled up a bit bringing in Saunders because the offense has to learn yet another offense. I think that was sort of a screw up. But who knows, maybe they will get the hang of it soon. I feel real good about the win over the Texans, even if they suck. The Texan players are still pros. Also, the skins demonstrated that they have some grasp over the new offense, which is a relief. I like the fact that alot of receivers got their hands on the ball. Patton had a great catch. I'm glad to see him in the mix.
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2006

Alright, me being a man of my word, I'm congratulating all you Skins fans for a BIG win against JAX yesterday. I was impressed by the way y'all ran all over them and physically whipped them in the trenches. Your season has officially started, and it looks like you might be fighting us Cowboys for the division crown after all.

BUT REMEMBER....27-10!!!! Part 2 will be 11/5/06...
Stus Skins

Washington, DC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2006

WeHaveStarPower wrote:
Alright, me being a man of my word, I'm congratulating all you Skins fans for a BIG win against JAX yesterday. I was impressed by the way y'all ran all over them and physically whipped them in the trenches. Your season has officially started, and it looks like you might be fighting us Cowboys for the division crown after all.
BUT REMEMBER....27-10!!!! Part 2 will be 11/5/06...
I like that Score in the rematch: Skins 27 The Cowboys 10...
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2006

Stus Skins wrote:
<quoted text>
I like that Score in the rematch: Skins 27 The Cowboys 10...
We'll se Stu, we'll see...
The Skins might be able to move the ball a lil better w/ Portis playing, but the defense still gives up too many big plays. It could mean another big day for T.Glenn and/or T.O.
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2006

Ok, I must update the score for the 11/5 matchup between the 'Boys and Deadskins:

DAL 33- WSH 6!!!!!

Y'all bums only put up 3pts against the Giants?! Seriously? Boy, that playbook must be too big for y'all own good, huh? They must have used cheat sheets against the Jags!
Myself

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2006

Well, it's ultimately up to coach Gibbs, and he knows best, but i think it's painfully obvious that Brunell is not gonna take the skins to the superbowl. So why wait to put Campbell in and see what he's made of? Why wait to put in the guy who is supposedly the teams future? Plus this is his second year as it is I think. I just hate seeing these younger, fresher guys who stand on the sidelines and watch their years go by. Doesn't make sense to me.
Myself

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2006

I think you cowboys have the same exact problem with Bledsoe. And boy i hate him for giving that game to the eagles. I HATE the eagles.
WeHaveStarPower

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2006

Myself wrote:
I think you cowboys have the same exact problem with Bledsoe. And boy i hate him for giving that game to the eagles. I HATE the eagles.
I have to agree with you. I thought we'd get by with Drew but I see the writing on the wall, I just wish Parcells did. He'll probably look good this week against a weak Texans D but I'm sure he give away another game or three! I hope not, though...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of22
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John Hall Discussions

Search the John Hall Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dems craft election-spending bills (Jan '10) Jan '10 HowRad 1
For Now, Novak's Kicking Himself (Nov '06) Nov '06 Eli 1
Redskins Seeking Alternate Punters (Sep '06) Oct '06 Lee Ryan 3
Taylor's TD Gives Vikings 6-3 Lead (Sep '06) Sep '06 Fran the man 3
Skins Ready to Put Preseason Behind Them (Sep '06) Sep '06 ragnar 1
Collins May Have Sealed No. 2 Job (Sep '06) Sep '06 Skin Man 1
•••
•••
•••