Agents: Brown, Williams on schedule w...

Agents: Brown, Williams on schedule with rehab

There are 32 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 14, 2008, titled Agents: Brown, Williams on schedule with rehab. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Despite losing their top two running backs to season-ending injuries last season, the Dolphins haven't signed a tailback in free agency and seem confident that both Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams will answer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
beachside finhead

Haughton, LA

#1 Mar 14, 2008
No-Brainer: Draft Darren McFadden.Best player available,threw 7 TD passes in college,could probably start at QB for 'fins,nevermind RB.Fits the Parcells' plan: Win with defense,special teams and a ball control offense.
True Fan

Live Oak, FL

#2 Mar 14, 2008
Build that O-line a bit more, grab another reciever and TE and our offense will surprise a lot of people! The way they are building special teams we should have some great field position. I like what this team is doing!
True Fan

Live Oak, FL

#3 Mar 14, 2008
Beachside
Your crazy did you even read the article? Bill does not draft RB'S high in the draft. We have two RB'S that are equal or better then McFadden! I like how you think we don't have a QB. With the way the line pass blocked Brady would of sucked.
Duke

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Mar 14, 2008
Brown's recovery is surprising. It usually takes a year to get back to 90% from a torn ACL. So i wasn't expecting to see him for the first quarter of the season. We also have L. booker at rb. So count em, thats 3 starting Rb's. But i think booker should play at slot receiver b/c of his size and he has great hands.
Duke

Boca Raton, FL

#5 Mar 14, 2008
Is Nathan Jones good?
beachside finhead

Haughton, LA

#6 Mar 14, 2008
Fin fans everywhere recognize the need for improvement at all positions on the roster.Certainly the offensive and defensive lines are in need of major upgrading.However,Ricky & Ronnie being "on schedule with rehab", according to their agents,should not prevent us from selecting the best player available:Darren McFadden.
BravPhin

Rutledge, GA

#7 Mar 14, 2008
I dont think they need to draft any Rb's high, Brown will be back, even if it's a few games into the season. I personally am rooting for Ricky Williams. he has been Mocked to no end by fans of other teams, even Dolphins fans too,, and some for good reason, but he isnt the only guy in the NFL to have smoked dope, so give the guy break. When he plays, he plays hard, and isnt that what we want?
So GO RICKY.
BravPhin

Rutledge, GA

#10 Mar 14, 2008
Amen TED.
H- bomb

Palm Bay, FL

#11 Mar 14, 2008
I say pass on McFadden. He's the best player of a mediocre draft. Ricky and Ronnie are both better backs than him. Plus, Ronnie was the 3rd overall pick a few yrs ago. I am also impressed that he is so far along rehab so soon. Special teams will be better, especially with Ginn returning!
Can't wait for football again!

PS: Ted is dumb
Perfect Fit

Santa Fe, NM

#12 Mar 15, 2008
Chris Long is our answer at number one. he make our defense very exciting and legit for years.

Ted is dumb.
Marques Keith

Monterey Park, CA

#13 Mar 15, 2008
Duke - I can answer the question about Nathan Jones. Is he good? He's a good role player who excels in special teams. Sparano and Parcells are huge on special teams performance and how that translates into field position for the team.

Parcells has done a good job of accumulating good role players with good character. Now in a few weeks he will draft some good talent - and he can start with Howie's kid.

www.unfilteredsportsbiz.com
cocoa beach canes fan

Lakeland, FL

#14 Mar 15, 2008
H- bomb wrote:
I say pass on McFadden. He's the best player of a mediocre draft. Ricky and Ronnie are both better backs than him. Plus, Ronnie was the 3rd overall pick a few yrs ago. I am also impressed that he is so far along rehab so soon. Special teams will be better, especially with Ginn returning!
Can't wait for football again!
PS: Ted is dumb
FYI Ronnie was the 2nd pick that year, Braylon Edwards was 3rd
DEFENDER

United States

#15 Mar 15, 2008
What ever happened to Lorenzo Booker?
joseph

Twinsburg, OH

#16 Mar 15, 2008
Yeah,,wheres Lorenzo Booker???
crazyman

Fort Pierce, FL

#17 Mar 15, 2008
i think miami should seriously draft
a linebacker or definitly defense cause are offense will score sometimes but are defense was not there last year and thats sad to say with a joey porter zach thomas and jason taylor
NUTBUSTER

Covington, LA

#18 Mar 15, 2008
So much for all the Ricky haters who wanted the guy traded or cut. Wannystache never got the guy an offensive line after his record season. He was running into walls.. taking a pounding the following year and quit. I would've done that myself.
The result was firing a lousy coach which was a mistake to begin with. If the Dolphins provide a decent O-Line and these to guys play up to thier potential and avoid further injury it could put fannies in the seats.
I don't see the Dolphins drafting a QB or an RB this year, but may sign a couple of undrafted free agents.
Save rice ride a Harley

Boca Raton, FL

#19 Mar 15, 2008
Duke wrote:
Is Nathan Jones good?

Bookers size ??? he's very small, he'll be a great 3rd down back.....
dolphindan

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Mar 15, 2008
Draft a RB late like NY did to get Ahmad Bradshaw. Ronnie and Ricky are both injury prone. Also trade #1 to Atlanta for its #3 and DeAngelo Hall. Draft Chris Long. Trade JT to Dallas for its 28th pick and get an OT. Get a guard with first pick in round two and a receiver with the 58th pick. With our free agent acquisitions that will be the foundation of a promising young team.
Jets Suck

Palm Beach Gardens, FL

#21 Mar 15, 2008
Why would we sign a bunch of special teams players and let go of Derrick Pope - who excelled in special teams?
SpongeBob

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 Mar 15, 2008
SCREW YOU ALL YOU RICKY HATERS. RICKY IS HERE FOR FOREVER....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Denney Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2013 NFL Pro Bowl: The Miami Dolphins End Up Wi... (Jan '13) Jan '13 shakespear 1
News Grading the Dolphins vs. Jets (Dec '08) Jan '09 11-5 MIA Jokes 19
News Agents: Brown, Williams on schedule with rehab (Mar '08) Mar '08 jason caldwell 77
News Derrick Pope signs with Vikings (Mar '08) Mar '08 T Man 9
News DE Taylor set to become Dolphins' emergency lon... (May '07) May '07 Number One Fan Ap... 33
News Dolphins sign WR Hakim, G Liwienski (Mar '07) Apr '07 jeremyromero 66
News Hakim, Liwienski sign deals (Mar '07) Mar '07 d klump 305 26
More from around the web