Former Miami Dolphins QB John Beck to join Ravens

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Quarterback John Beck, a second-round pick in 2007, was released by the Miami Dolphins Wednesday.
Comments
81 - 99 of 99 Comments Last updated May 10, 2009
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Roger wrote:
I've never seen a pro QB worse then Beck.
Ryan Leaf!?!?
California Man

El Dorado Hills, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Mike 17-0 wrote:
I would have to say you are the. When Miami released Beck his contract was torn up. The only money he recieved was from the first two years of his contract and whatever signing bonus he got. NFL contracts are not guarenteed. Now you're out, stupid left coast clone tool.
<quoted text>
Mikey, you clueless, toothless, tattooed confederate--

According to the Ft Lauderdale Sun- Sentinel:

"The Dolphins signed Beck to a four year deal, which included $3.25 million in guaranteed money."

Before you open up your flatulating verbal crack to release some inaccurate rotten air, maybe you should check your facts before chirping about how Beck's contract was, "torn up."

Check and Mate...

Beck WILL be spending the Fins $$ for many years to come-- so keep on bringing the smack about his religious beliefs, his stats, etc., while he laughs, as did Young when he left to sit behind who...? Joe Montana? Would anyone here agree that Montana is just a bit better than Flacco?

As for the schmucks who are reciting his stats, how exactly were Rothlisbergers stats on that rain/mud soaked field the night he and Beck squared off? Don't forget-- when you compare his stats to Becks for that night,please remember-- the Steelers were a slightly better team at that time.
Home SuperBowl 2010

Lyubertsy, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

All I know is Pennington is a joke and Pat White is a biatch trick play only QB.
Roger

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

I know this.....if you're a Raven fan....you dont want Beck to leave the bench...HAHA
Home SuperBowl 2010

Lyubertsy, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2009

Beck will get a ring now before Pennington. This sucks.
Madden

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Anyone who is sad or surprised by this move is a moron. There is no possible way you can defend a guy who could not even field a snap, let alone complete a pass to our own team for more than 3 yards. I was excited about Beck, but the guy was just plain awful. I honestly wish him well, he is apparently a very nice family man, but let's not pretend like he was the future of Miami. I'm sure he'll go to Bal'more and proceed to throw 4 TD's against the Fins next year.
Madden

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Home SuperBowl 2010 wrote:
All I know is Pennington is a joke and Pat White is a biatch trick play only QB.
Go do your homework, clown.
cocoajoe

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Mr Culito wrote:
Cam Cam, Featuring John Beck by Mr Culito
I've got a cool nickname
my first chance of fame
I blew it in South Beach
Teddy Ginn was a reach
My masterplan is working
John Beck is coming back for home cooking
The Raven's D carried me
after a one win season I must feel glee
Fail forward fast
I am a poet at last
I should have known you would show up here.
For those that don't read the Herald blogs, this guy and some of his buddies have made the comment section all but unreadable.

Culito, go back, you're not wanted here.
A Win isa Win

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

I can see it know next Baltimore and Miami game. Beck goes 25 for 28 and 550 yards.........in his dream that is. Once again Cam shows his lack of talent evaluation skill.
Can we give you Ted Ginn Jr, his family and two 10th round draft picks for your water boy...
Marlon

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

shaggy wrote:
maybe he will get a fair shot now. would love for him to beat out Frankenstein in Baltimore.
Get off of your meds jerk, Beck would have to take the ravens to the superbowl and win it to convince me he's better than Flacco.
the PHINALEE

Menifee, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Home SuperBowl 2010 wrote:
Then apperentlly,you know very little if anything at all.
Local Guy

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

I wish him well. He is a class act!
Real Stuff

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

pound dat puusy cam cam
Mike 17-0

Meadville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

Wow, dig the hole a little deeper under yourself. Talk about inaccurate info. Any team TRADING for Beck would have assumed the final two years of his contract. Any team claiming him, which implies he was released, negotiates a new contract. The only money he gets to keep is what he already rec'd. He doesn't get to collect on a contract with his new team while still collecting from the Fins. This just in from the Department of the Obvious...any money already collected he gets to keep. Confederate??? I guess you don't know jack shiite about anything. I'll stand by the stupid left coast clone tool, it certainly fits. You must be a transplanted jet fan.
California Man wrote:
<quoted text> Mikey, you clueless, toothless, tattooed confederate--
According to the Ft Lauderdale Sun- Sentinel:
"The Dolphins signed Beck to a four year deal, which included $3.25 million in guaranteed money."
Before you open up your flatulating verbal crack to release some inaccurate rotten air, maybe you should check your facts before chirping about how Beck's contract was, "torn up."
Check and Mate...
Beck WILL be spending the Fins $$ for many years to come-- so keep on bringing the smack about his religious beliefs, his stats, etc., while he laughs, as did Young when he left to sit behind who...? Joe Montana? Would anyone here agree that Montana is just a bit better than Flacco?
As for the schmucks who are reciting his stats, how exactly were Rothlisbergers stats on that rain/mud soaked field the night he and Beck squared off? Don't forget-- when you compare his stats to Becks for that night,please remember-- the Steelers were a slightly better team at that time.
Home SuperBowl 2010

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2009

the PHINALEE wrote:
<quoted text>Then apperentlly,you know very little if anything at all.
Im the same troll who is always on here-Roger, Raidertette etc. I just like to prentend im different people because well my life sux.
Home SuperBowl 2010

Lyubertsy, Russia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2009

And I have a small johnson.
dolphin donnie of na

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2009

if thats the case why sign beck???oh right cammoron
NoFear

Lancaster, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2009

John Beck had an opportunity to show what he could do in 2007 the same way Flacco and Ryan were afforded a chance in 2008. They succeeded where Beck failed......granted, those other guys had more talent around them.....but Beack didn't even show flashes of his ability.......he looked like a fish out of water. For those of you who say he never got a shot, you are just plain wrong. He never should have been drafted in the first place. A waste of a 2nd round pick. One of the worst picks in Dolphins history behind only Yatil Green, Eddie Moore, Billy Milner and John Avery.
dolphin donnie of na

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2009

beck failed because we sucked as a team entirley in 2007, get a clue

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John Beck Discussions

Search the John Beck Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
John Beck nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Natasha 1
The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
2012 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins and Cl... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Skins report 2
Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
Redskins-Dolphins best and worst (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hyman Seltzer 2
Colts Daily Links: Polian and 'rats,' Manning a... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Indy Starfarts 2
Promotion of Redskins' Beck means six new QBs c... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sappfarts 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••