Former Miami Dolphins QB John Beck to...

Former Miami Dolphins QB John Beck to join Ravens

There are 99 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 3, 2009, titled Former Miami Dolphins QB John Beck to join Ravens. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Quarterback John Beck, a second-round pick in 2007, was released by the Miami Dolphins Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
the PHINALEE

Hacienda Heights, CA

#1 May 3, 2009
Who kwew?
DAAAAH?
Good for Beck,he never got a shot with the PHINS,but playing behind Flaaco & Smith won't make it any easier.
Cam Cam Cant

United States

#3 May 3, 2009
No surprise. Is this Cameron trying to prove the world that he did not waste a 2nd round pick. Okay coordinator. Terible Head Coach
Scalzo

Singapore, Singapore

#4 May 3, 2009
LOL Good luck with your crappy pick Cam!
joseph

Jefferson, GA

#5 May 3, 2009
Watch out....Cam might want Ginn and his family next..HA Ha Ha !!!!
Ramsterone

Lakeland, FL

#6 May 3, 2009
WHAT !, you mean the Ravens aren't going to use Troy Smith in a wildcat offense. You know the offense that the whole NFL will be running, at least that's what the Miami media say's. Good for you Beck, I wish you all the best. To bad you couldn't catch on with the Patriots, but the Ravens are a very good team.
John

Lebanon, OR

#7 May 3, 2009
He will be let go before the season starts, one of the worst picks in the NFL in a long time. Not his fault though, and at least he got paid
EZvi

Hallandale, FL

#8 May 3, 2009
Miamis stupid for letting you go. Youll be fine. Look at steve young. You can play John.
Dr Jack

Hialeah, FL

#9 May 3, 2009
Yawn
nflfan

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#10 May 3, 2009
Letting go of the old busts to make room for the new ones..LOL
Dolphan83

Boiling Springs, SC

#11 May 3, 2009
John Beck will be the #2 guy in Baltimore when the season starts. If Flacco goes down, he will step in and do well. He learned a lot from his/team's failures in Miami. After Camron left (thank goodness), he was the odd man out. Remember, Parcells likes to buy the groceries and then cook them.
nflfan

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

#12 May 3, 2009
making room for the new busts...
Rick on the Beach

Miami Beach, FL

#13 May 3, 2009
Good Luck JB, I wish you the best.
shaggy

Watsontown, PA

#14 May 3, 2009
maybe he will get a fair shot now. would love for him to beat out Frankenstein in Baltimore.
greg z

Cortland, NY

#15 May 3, 2009
you can't call him a bust. he never had a legit chance at success. he should have sat for a year or two like henne so he could transition to the nfl properly. he can throw with anyone!
Ed From Denver

Arvada, CO

#16 May 3, 2009
Bad career move. He should have went to a team to compete for a starting job, not a backup job. Denver and St. Louis would have been ideal places. I would have even tried my luck with Arizona.
Tureo

Ann Arbor, MI

#17 May 3, 2009
He can fumble with anyone. This board must be filled with Beck's family members as he gets more support than Marino or Shula. I don't think he will even beat out Smith for the backup QB but I wish him the best. We all seem to forget that he was so awful last year Spo wouldn't even allow the cameras to tape him warming up because we wanted to trade him. I remember the last presaseon game against the Saints last year. I thought I would finally get a chance to see him play live but when he warmed up he had linemen standing around him blocking everyones view.
Native

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 May 3, 2009
Dolphan83 wrote:
John Beck will be the #2 guy in Baltimore when the season starts. If Flacco goes down, he will step in and do well. He learned a lot from his/team's failures in Miami. After Camron left (thank goodness), he was the odd man out. Remember, Parcells likes to buy the groceries and then cook them.
I have been thinking about this since the draft, you know what I think...I think Parcells just like groceries...the more groceries the better!!!!
Shaggyhasfleas

Moss Point, MS

#19 May 3, 2009
shaggy wrote:
maybe he will get a fair shot now. would love for him to beat out Frankenstein in Baltimore.
Yikes Shaggy, you're as bright as your canine namesake, almost.
Didn't get a fair shot??

So good that NO OTHER TEAM, incl. the Ravens, offered as much as a 7th rd pick for the future Hall of famer!!

Great posts on this thread, a bunch of sad arsed couch potatos from sad sacked teams. Go away, this is a big boy Dolphins thread.
whatever

Anderson, IN

#20 May 3, 2009
Beck was never given a decent situation to succeed at Miami. I still think the kid is a damn good player.
ray

Charleston, SC

#21 May 3, 2009
beck quinn russel all bust

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Beck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worst ever? Pathetic Dolphins lose number 13 (Dec '07) Feb '17 Football Phart 28
John Beck nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Natasha 1
News The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
News 2012 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins and Cl... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Skins report 2
News Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
News Redskins-Dolphins best and worst (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hyman Seltzer 2
News Colts Daily Links: Polian and 'rats,' Manning a... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Indy Starfarts 2
More from around the web