NFL's QB reclamations inspire Beck to...

NFL's QB reclamations inspire Beck to be positive

There are 70 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 23, 2008, titled NFL's QB reclamations inspire Beck to be positive. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

D The quarterback position, at its core, is a riddle, a sphinx, a Rubik's Cube to solve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bootris

Jonas Ridge, NC

#1 Oct 23, 2008
The happy feet rehab is a difficult thing for Beck. I rooted for Beck in the beginning and still do. In Madden 09 he is a decent QB and throws good passes all over the field. It is also funny in Madden ‘09 that Henne has happy feet and Beck is the solid veteran. In real life it is the opposite. The silicon chips never get it right. Anyway we will probably trade Beck at the end of the year the way things are going. I hope we get a third round pick for him; it will probably be a fourth. No one should spazz out this year, it is a three year plan but I think the Tuna will put the hammer down hard next year. I hate to say it but the Fins have to lose some games this year to get good draft picks next year. It is a necessary evil; try to look forward to next year when we have a serious chance to make the playoffs..

Since: Jun 07

Flowery Branch, GA

#3 Oct 24, 2008
John Beck wil suceed as a qb in the NFL someday, but not with the dolphins, not unless Chad P and Chad Henne are both hurt, and Beck comes in and plays great. I still believe, put him on a team with a good o-line, recievers that can catch, and a good coaching staff that has faith in him, he will be good. I just hope it isnt with a div rival. Jets maybe after Favre retires, PATS if Brady's KNEE really is career ending.
The Demoted Man

Lake Worth, FL

#4 Oct 24, 2008
I am another one that was on the "Beck Bandwagon", it's disappointing to see someone who was supposed to be a promising QB, instead be a benchwarmer who collects stats on other QB's "making it".

Beck has not made the most of his chances and that is partly because of the quarterback shuffle that's been going on. Tuna, and rightly so, has kept bringing in QB's to see who could lead this team. Penningon has shown the ability, Henne also looks capable and promising, but is still a rookie.

If Beck expects to remain on the team, he has to show Tuna and Sparano he belongs here and they have to have the confidence that he can lead the team if he's put in. Right now, they don't have confidence in him. He hasn't shown the poise Henne has, for a 2nd year player - he has to do better or he's gone. Having (2) inexperienced QB's isn't good for the team if Pennington goes down.
LordBishop34

United States

#5 Oct 24, 2008
Henne looks about as poised as Beck did last year in preseason. I think people are getting ahead of themselves here. Henne hasn't proven anything yet. Beck could just as easily end up the better man.
show me the money

Boca Raton, FL

#6 Oct 24, 2008
I dont think beck has any trade value.What talent has he show in any games?
JT in Orlando

Carrollton, TX

#7 Oct 24, 2008
Most QB's have some sort of trade value, even a 6th rounder because coaches are like women, they always think they are the ones who can CHANGE them and make them better. Beck's biggest problem is he was thrown to the wolves with pieces of meat tied to him for bait. That experience and the inner doubt it brought has left him scarred. All the fumbles and bad snaps, most of that was nerves and sweaty hands because of the pressure of knowing he was fixing to be killed when the ball was snapped.

I think it would take going to a good team with REAL players on all sides of the offense to get him up to speed. A year under Chad will do him more good than anything, learning from a smart QB like him. I can see him going to a solid team as a back up and the starter going down and him stepping in and being respectable. At least enough to get another chance as a starter somewhere. Do names such as Scott Mitchell and AJ Feely ring any bells? Performed just good enough to get big money from a handful of respectable performances to earn starting money in Detroit and Miami, only to be relegated back to back up duties. But hey, back up QB's can make or break teams and it's nothing to be ashamed of if you spend your career making good money and being there to pull out some wins for the team when the starter goes down. I hope he does well, but, he'll never get the chance under Tuna because of his past performance and his ties to Cam.
Buckeye

Hollywood, FL

#8 Oct 24, 2008
Things must be slow in the sports department for you Formalda Hyde.
Buckeye

Hollywood, FL

#9 Oct 24, 2008
Chad Pennington has played every game and they are 2-4. Thats hardly "making it".
The Demoted Man wrote:
I am another one that was on the "Beck Bandwagon", it's disappointing to see someone who was supposed to be a promising QB, instead be a benchwarmer who collects stats on other QB's "making it".
Beck has not made the most of his chances and that is partly because of the quarterback shuffle that's been going on. Tuna, and rightly so, has kept bringing in QB's to see who could lead this team. Penningon has shown the ability, Henne also looks capable and promising, but is still a rookie.
If Beck expects to remain on the team, he has to show Tuna and Sparano he belongs here and they have to have the confidence that he can lead the team if he's put in. Right now, they don't have confidence in him. He hasn't shown the poise Henne has, for a 2nd year player - he has to do better or he's gone. Having (2) inexperienced QB's isn't good for the team if Pennington goes down.
jack a

Grand Ledge, MI

#10 Oct 24, 2008
i'm rooting for him
SeanWi

United States

#11 Oct 24, 2008
Much like John Beck last year, Chad Henne has proven nothing yet. I hope they get a fair chance to battle next year as we can always use extra QB's.

“WHY NOT US!!!”

Since: Feb 08

north miami beach

#12 Oct 24, 2008
Buckeye wrote:
Chad Pennington has played every game and they are 2-4. Thats hardly "making it". <quoted text>
Thats not Penningtons fault...Have you looked at our secondary or special teams lately? Those are mostly the reasons why we get so far behind...GO PHINS!!!
Jay

United States

#13 Oct 24, 2008
beck will never be a starter in the nfl.
Jay

United States

#14 Oct 24, 2008
bills beat the dolphins 31-10
Grey

Hancock, MD

#15 Oct 24, 2008
I like this kid and I hope he gets a chance either with us or another team. Failed hope? He never really got a chance with us. The team was pathetic last year, the o-line leaked more than a 30 year old Chevy, we had no receivers, and our runninbacks were pathetic. I was wondering what his week is like during the season as the #3 , I think he can play and I can't wait until he gets another chance.
Native

Boynton Beach, FL

#16 Oct 24, 2008
Why do we not trade Beck and Ginn to Mr. Gatorade Celebration for a couple of Draft Picks, Cameron was so High on these 2 let him have them both!
Max

Boone, NC

#17 Oct 24, 2008
For whatever reason, the Dolphin organization has not been interested in developing a young, rookie QB since Don Shula left. And with the Parcells track record, that is unlikely to change. Dolphin fans will have to settle for the Trent Greens and the Chad Penningtons, and watch the prospects like Beck and Henne go elsewhere.

At 2-4, this team is headed nowhere, but Henne will not get to play as long as Pennington is here.
Lifetime Fin Fan

Deltona, FL

#18 Oct 24, 2008
This story is indicitive of how badly the coaches of the last ten years have screwed up this franchise. Especially Cameron.

Beck would have probably been a decent starter or at worst a decent backup. But Cameron made more bad decisions and Beck [and the fans] paid the price. Antoher poster on this thread made the remark that Pennington has only won two games. Well, considering he joined the Dolphins in August that's really not that bad. Especially when you consider we have two losses that an even slightly better team could have turned into wins.

I watched the Ravens dumping Gatorade over Cameron when they won the game like he was vindicated in some way. The reason the Ravens won was partly due to how badly Cameron had screwed up. That was a classless move if I've ever seen one. The guy was a lousy head coach. Last year he took a decent team to a 1-15 record and this year claims he had a bad record with the Dolphins because of bad players. Hopefully we will be playing the Ravens again in the next couple of years. I've got a feeling that it will be something else besides Gatorade that gets dumped on his head then.
OHIOFINFAN

Columbus, OH

#19 Oct 24, 2008
Let's hope we aren't dumb enough to trade Beck to the Patriots, then he'll be a Hall of Famer. I'm still mad that Miami Traded Welker to the Patriots. Not that they trade him...but that it was to our DIVISION RIVALS! Meuller should have been fired that day!!!
Steve

Carson City, NV

#20 Oct 24, 2008
Others like Steve Young have done it sure, but look how many guys just like Beck didn't. There's only 32 starting qbs, but over a hundred are in camp. Its not to hard to see its still a needle in a haystack and by taking the route he is the odds are more against him. With that being said this was a stupid article. The only thing Beck has going for him at this point is he's learning behind Pennington.
Steve

Carson City, NV

#21 Oct 24, 2008
OHIOFINFAN wrote:
Let's hope we aren't dumb enough to trade Beck to the Patriots, then he'll be a Hall of Famer. I'm still mad that Miami Traded Welker to the Patriots. Not that they trade him...but that it was to our DIVISION RIVALS! Meuller should have been fired that day!!!
Dude, get a clue! They had no choice but to trade Welker. If the Fins said no they would've gotten only a second, there was no way for them to match the Pats offer (poison pill).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Beck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Beck nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Natasha 1
News The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
News 2012 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins and Cl... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Skins report 2
News Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
News Redskins-Dolphins best and worst (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hyman Seltzer 2
News Colts Daily Links: Polian and 'rats,' Manning a... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Indy Starfarts 2
News Promotion of Redskins' Beck means six new QBs c... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sappfarts 7
More from around the web