Jets could be 5-3 with Pennington, too

Full story: Newsday 72
Doug the Jets Fan was incensed that I had chosen this topic for my column in today's newspaper: Did the Jets get the worst of the deal when they traded for Brett Favre , cut Chad Pennington and then saw him go ... Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
brettblows

Havre De Grace, MD

#62 Nov 5, 2008
Chad had a terrible line in front of him last year. As did Clemens. Nobody could play behind it.

Does anybody think Chad would have lost those games to OAK and NE.

The Jets are lucky to be where they are. They would be better off without making the deal. And they'd have one more pick.

The Jets are so good, they overcome Favre. Imagine if we had a QB who knew the offense with this line and running game.

Brett is holding us back big time

www.brettfavreblows.blogspot.com
JJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#63 Nov 5, 2008
Rick M,
you're joking right?
How many times has Miami used the wildcat in the past few wins?
3-4 times max and it didnt do alot
to credit Miami's success on the wildcat is ignorant.
JJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#64 Nov 5, 2008
christopher Lee

again another person who doesnt know how the Miami Offense works.

The wildcat isnt the soul reason for success, its now a MINOR package. The whole reason for its use to scare teams into focusing into it, so they dont focus on normal formations.

Its not being run 10 times a game anymore, and yet the Fins are still winning....
JJB

Bergenfield, NJ

#65 Nov 5, 2008
capnjellis

ANOTHER ignorant poster, man i wished people knew what they were talking about when they bring up the wildcat....

Pennington has done a good job much less then Favre at receiver. He has done what the team needs him to do, keep the team in games,and dont screw up. Favre is there to gunsling and hurts his team with ints.

Chad has been moving the ball well when needed, with the legs or with his patented style.
2 losers

Los Angeles, CA

#66 Nov 5, 2008
bottom line both teams are in the same division...let's wait to see which one ends up on top!
Bucks County Jeff

Morrisville, PA

#67 Nov 5, 2008
I think they would be 6-2 with Chad. He would have won the Riaders game.
yeldarb

Racine, WI

#68 Nov 6, 2008
Go to NFL.com , Brett has only a 3.3 % interception rate one of the best of all QBs ever, take 300 and divide by 9000. Go ahead and check all QBs that have played for 10 years plus and check for yourselves. Favre is by far the best ever when all things are considered.
SorryBut

Jersey City, NJ

#69 Nov 6, 2008
Brett is now playing in New York and here you're only as good as your last game. Fickle fans with short memories.
yeldarb wrote:
Go to NFL.com , Brett has only a 3.3 % interception rate one of the best of all QBs ever, take 300 and divide by 9000. Go ahead and check all QBs that have played for 10 years plus and check for yourselves. Favre is by far the best ever when all things are considered.
Earth to Bob

Jupiter, FL

#70 Nov 6, 2008
The point is if you get into the playoffs, who would you want at QB? I am a big Pennington fan but I would have to go with Favre. Penny just can't throw the ball in bad conditions and that limits your ability to throw the ball, thus limiting your ability to run the ball as the other team dares you to throw the ball and their CBs sit on routes knowing 30-35 yards is as far as he can hurl the ball (and not on a rope either). Let's face it Bob, this offense is fun to watch and if Favre can manage the ball just a bit better, these Jets may just be playing well into January...go Jets.
chris

Brooklyn, NY

#71 Nov 10, 2008
Brett Favre is not half the player he was in his MVP years. he is a selfish whining egomaniac who is only playing to make peyton manning take a bit longer to break his TD record(which manning will do anyway). and favre cant carry manning's (or any other great QBs)spikes onto the field. A real great QB just doesnt throw this many mind boggling picks for so many years. The Jets are racking up in bad teams...they will come back to earth...10-6 , IMO for them is a stretch and so is the playoffs. remember no one has gotten hurt yet, and that is inevitable in the NFL.
Don - NC

Winston Salem, NC

#72 Nov 10, 2008
Forget last year! The Jets were a HORRIBLE team!
With Pennington, the Jets had a winning record over his career span. Remember how the team turned so quickly into a post season WINNER after Vinny T went to the bench, and Chad took over.
Why didn't the Jets spend part of the 120 million dollars rebuilding the offensive line for Pennington like they spent for Farve this year?
Not many quarterbacks can claim a 15-0 record in college (and that happened post Randy Moss) and included wins at Clemson and against BYU and others.
Miami got a jewel. A good arm. A GREAT mind! And a MAGNIFICENT person in Chad Pennington!
Jay

New York, NY

#73 Nov 12, 2008
Glaubers Wrong wrote:
Maybe it was the coahing staff, but Pennington's been here for a few different coaches with the same results. Either way, the Jets coaching staff wasn't going to change this year, which means if we still had pennington we'd probably be 1-7 again!
but you are still a dumb jagoff! haha!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Beck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Beck nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Natasha 1
The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
2012 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins and Cl... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Skins report 2
Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
Redskins-Dolphins best and worst (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hyman Seltzer 2
Colts Daily Links: Polian and 'rats,' Manning a... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Indy Starfarts 2
Promotion of Redskins' Beck means six new QBs c... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sappfarts 7

John Beck People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE