Lemon back starting at QB with 4-9 Ravens next

Lemon aid, anyone? The desperation of the Dolphins' 0-13 season has convinced coach Cam Cameron to abandon grooming the quarterback of the franchise's future and turn the offense back to four-year veteran Cleo ... Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
pancanfinfan

San Jose, CA

#229 Dec 14, 2007
jahndoh wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure some hater will seize on me saying this, but pancan, we really should have something better to do at 10:30 on a thursday night than this!
Cheers bro. Go fins!
Agreed - problem with living on the west coast is that most of the drivel has been spouted earlier by the east coasters (particularly the north east coasters if you get my drift)
I actually enjoy the banter though...the beauty of the forum is that all of Gods creatures have a say, good bad or indifferent.
Jarrett a Finz Lifer

Logansport, IN

#230 Dec 14, 2007
Are you F'N kidding me? This is like the clowns running the team at the local circus!!! You let Beck PLAY - REGARDLESS! The season is a write-off, accept it! If you were going to start Lemonade again, CALL MARINO! I'm out!
Patsfan

Miami, FL

#231 Dec 14, 2007
shisse wrote:
Ok Iím the dude that made the original Josh McDanielís postÖ.
Once again he would be the perfect coach for the Dolphins, he is currently the Patriots Offensive Coordinator and he knows how that team operates. I posted a link on the first page of this blog that has an interview with him after the second game of the season. From what I understand, the Pats do not let people interview him anymore for fear he will be picked up as a head coach by another team. He must be damned good to be 14-0 even with Bilecheat as a coach; I think he would be perfect for the Phins. If we are going to take a chance on someone I think this is the dude, he will be a great coach someday and may be the best future coach on the horizon. He should have the drive and fire of a young man ready to prove himself if we would hire him. We will probably get Norv Turner or some other D-bag instead due to Wayneís lack of football savvy. If we make Josh D an offer for 2 Million a year for 3 years the Pats will have to let him go, they canít hold an assistant from taking a head coach job although Billcheat would probably try. This guy knows how to run an offense and must have some motivational skills. Uncle Wayne, Hire Josh McDaniels now for 2 Million a year and Can Scam Cam. Can Scam will cost $12 million to fire but it will not cost against the salary cap and it would be money very well spent in comparison to the Joey Porter contract.
To clarify my earlier post on page one, my reference to Scott Pioli's second hand man is separate from the call to hire Josh D. Whoever is Scott Pioli's assistant (and I do not know who that is) might just be better than Mueller, but I might be reaching there. Mueller said Beck might be the next Marino, maybe he is right lol. Time to execute this plan tomorrow and pink slip the entire Dolphins front office (other than hot secretaries). Itís the only way to fix this putrid mess. We need new talent scouts too pronto.
One more thing, we absolutely want to have the lowest cap number possible at this time, quit sniping about how low our cap number is. We want a low cap so when we (if) we turn the team around we have some extra bucks left to hire some free agents. At this time the lower cap number we have the better; it is not Wayne being cheap this time
HIRE JOSH MCDANIELS NOW WAYNE! CAN SCAM CAM!
So the patriots are cheaters, but you'll take their assistant coaches in a heartbeat. You patriot haters are so full of crap!

Since: Dec 07

Los Olivos, CA

#232 Dec 14, 2007
Patsfan wrote:
<quoted text>
So the patriots are cheaters, but you'll take their assistant coaches in a heartbeat. You patriot haters are so full of crap!
Huh? This guy extolls the virtues of your OC, and that makes you mad?

People berated the patriots for cheating and that made you mad?

You should try to be happy, there's not a fin fan amongst us that doesn't covet the Patriots successes.
Patsfan

Miami, FL

#233 Dec 14, 2007
shisse wrote:
FYI:Josh quarterbacks coach in 2004 and was named offensive coordinator/quarterbacks coach on January 20, 2006.
In 2006, McDaniels helped integrate several new players into the offense, including free agent signee Reche Caldwell, mid-season acquisition Jabar Gaffney and rookie Laurence Maroney. In all, six new Patriots caught at least 10 passes, including Caldwell, who led the team with career-highs in receptions (69) and receiving yards (760). Gaffney, acquired prior to week six, became a starting receiver by the end of the regular season and was the team's most productive receiver in the playoffs. Maroney, splitting time with Corey Dillon, was the third leading rusher among NFL rookies.
In his role as quarterbacks coach, McDaniels has worked closely with starting signal caller Tom Brady. In three seasons working with McDaniels, Brady has compiled the top three passer ratings of his seven-year career - 92.6 (2004), 92.3 (2005) and 87.9 (2006).
In 2005, Brady led the NFL with a career-best 4,110 passing yards, a number that exceeded his previous career high by nearly 350 yards and represents the second highest yardage total in Patriots history. In 2004, Brady set a career high by recording a 92.6 passer rating, besting his previous career mark by six points.
In 2005, Patriots quarterbacks threw 28 touchdown passes, tying the fourth-highest total for the position in franchise history. The mark was also achieved in 1986, 2002 and 2004, McDaniels' first season as quarterbacks coach. Also in 2005, the Patriots finished the season as the NFL's second-ranked passing offense (257.5 yards per game), marking the team's highest ranking in that category in 11 seasons.
In addition to assisting in Brady's continued development, McDaniels has tutored Matt Cassel, a four-year backup quarterback in college and a seventh-round draft choice in 2005. In the 2005 regular-season finale, Cassel threw his first two touchdown passes since high school as he led the Patriots on a fourth-quarter comeback against Miami that fell just two points short.
In 2004, McDaniels earned his first positional coaching responsibilities and worked with Brady to help the quarterback produce the highest passer rating of his career (92.6) and the second highest single-season passer rating in team history.
Brady's 28 touchdown passes ranked second in the AFC and tied his career high set in 2002.
Upon his arrival in New England prior to the 2001 season, McDaniels served as a personnel assistant and quickly expanded his role to include film breakdown and scouting preparation for the defensive coaching staff. He became a coaching assistant in February of 2002. In that role, his responsibilities included film breakdown and scouting chart preparations for the defensive staff. In 2003, he drew additional responsibilities working with the defensive backs.
McDaniels began his coaching career in 1999 as a graduate assistant at Michigan State, working under head coach Nick Saban.
Playing
McDaniels attended John Carroll University, where he played wide receiver for the Blue Streaks. He was a college teammate of Patriots wide receivers coach Nick Caserio, who played quarterback for John Carroll from 1996-99.
Personal
Josh McDaniels was born in Canton, Ohio and attended Canton McKinley High School. He was a quarterback and kicker for McKinley. His father, Thom McDaniels, was a longtime head coach at McKinley High and is currently the head coach at Massillon Jackson High in Massillon, Ohio. Josh and his wife Laura have a son, Jack Thomas, and a daughter, Maddie.
McDaniels had nothing to do with Brady's development, but hey, if the phins want McDaniels, good luck. Just look at what Charlie Weis has done with N.D. since leaving the pats, and don't forget the Mangenius, what a year he is having with the jets! When will people ever get it, if your not getting Brady, your getting nothing.
Shiesse

United States

#234 Dec 14, 2007
Patsfan wrote:
<quoted text> McDaniels had nothing to do with Brady's development, but hey, if the phins want McDaniels, good luck. Just look at what Charlie Weis has done with N.D. since leaving the pats, and don't forget the Mangenius, what a year he is having with the jets! When will people ever get it, if your not getting Brady, your getting nothing.
Ummm. yea if the Pats don't want Josh McDaniels around the team, we might find a spot for him on our elite team of Dolphins. Although I am definitely not a fan of the Pats, I do have a huge respect for the quality of football machinery they have put together over the past few years. And just as the 2003 Marlins lost their major talent due to bidding wars (everyone loves a winner) so will the Patriots lose much of their current talent due to bidding wars in the next few years. I still think Josh McDaniels will be the best coach around starting in the 2010 ere, If I was Wayne I would try to hire him today for $3 Million a year for 3 years. Our team will surely keep CAM next year due to financial reasons with the sale and we will have a deja-vu next year with maybe 5 wins max from beck. Cam should have picked Brady for no other reason than the fans wished him to and Beck was no Marino. I am depressed now, if Jorge Perez is reading this blog "PLZ TRY TO GET JOSH MCDANIELS FROM THE PATRIOTS TODAY!"
Shiesse

United States

#235 Dec 14, 2007
Cam should have picked Brady Quinn, clarification to last post...

HIRE JOSH MCDANIELS TODAY!

Since: Dec 07

Los Olivos, CA

#236 Dec 17, 2007
Patsfan wrote:
<quoted text> McDaniels had nothing to do with Brady's development, but hey, if the phins want McDaniels, good luck. Just look at what Charlie Weis has done with N.D. since leaving the pats, and don't forget the Mangenius, what a year he is having with the jets! When will people ever get it, if your not getting Brady, your getting nothing.
Gulp...

good post.

Since: Jun 07

Rutledge, GA

#237 Dec 17, 2007
Patsfan wrote:
Pats , I agree with you there.
Tom Brady was good before McDaniels got there. And why would anyone think He would be any better an HC than Cam out of an OC background? I suppose he forgot CAM had a pretty good offence in San Diego!
I defence if Cam, this is his 1st year EVER as an NFL Head Coach. How many HC's in NFL lit the ;leage on fire 5thier 1st year? BELECHEK sure didnt, not in Cleveland OR New England. Jommy Johnson was 1-15 his 1st year. Guess what! Cam likley will have that same record. So yall would have Fired JIMMY JOHNSON in Dallas, I get it, Mauybe yall would have Fired Bill Belechec in NE too! Hoiw do you all KNOW Cam wont learn from any mistakes he made in his rookie year as coach? And NOT repeat them next year, or in Years to come? Or is having a new head coach every year a better option? BEEN THERE DONE THAT> LOST ALOT

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

#238 Dec 17, 2007
Wayne Haters wrote:
<quoted text>
There are millions upon millions of NYers throught this land. Wayne says he's a business man than decides to anger a major segment of the sports entertainment market in Florida. That's like painting a sign that says KFC sucks on Sistrunk.
By the way here's thlink to the 2007 NFl salaries:
http://asp.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/s...
This market is a band wagon jumping society.
Ardvark

United States

#239 Dec 13, 2008
If he's been the assistant head coach for 3 years why hasn't he been able to help his coach? Why now supposedly the guy motivates the team? The guy hasn't done shiit for 3yrs becomes the head coach..pulls down his pants and now they listen to him.
They must have a bunch of F@gots on that team including him.
They got turned on by his hairy a/ss now thier on Fire!
If i was Joey Porter i'd hit on That. Watch out for the crotch tackling and the slow getting up after they tackle brown. They probably think he's cute. Bay Boyz,oooooooeeeee!
Jahndonut

United States

#240 Dec 13, 2008
Who gives a crap about the Patriots?
HUH? I live in California and sip wine all day and pontificate on Dolphin eniquities. I decided to come back to this forum to show you meat heads who's the boss around here. Me Jahndonut,the King of metaphors.
Excuse me while i take my poodle out in the vineyard.
Jahndonut

United States

#241 Dec 13, 2008
pancanfinfan wrote:
<quoted text> Agreed - problem with living on the west coast is that most of the drivel has been spouted earlier by the east coasters (particularly the north east coasters if you get my drift)
I actually enjoy the banter though...the beauty of the forum is that all of Gods creatures have a say, good bad or indifferent.
I agree,the creatures that inhabit this forum don't pick the grapes from the same tree as we do.

Flowery Branch, GA

#242 Dec 13, 2008
BravPhin wrote:
<quoted text>
Pats , I agree with you there.
Tom Brady was good before McDaniels got there. And why would anyone think He would be any better an HC than Cam out of an OC background? I suppose he forgot CAM had a pretty good offence in San Diego!
I defence if Cam, this is his 1st year EVER as an NFL Head Coach. How many HC's in NFL lit the ;leage on fire 5thier 1st year? BELECHEK sure didnt, not in Cleveland OR New England. Jommy Johnson was 1-15 his 1st year. Guess what! Cam likley will have that same record. So yall would have Fired JIMMY JOHNSON in Dallas, I get it, Mauybe yall would have Fired Bill Belechec in NE too! Hoiw do you all KNOW Cam wont learn from any mistakes he made in his rookie year as coach? And NOT repeat them next year, or in Years to come? Or is having a new head coach every year a better option? BEEN THERE DONE THAT> LOST ALOT
Was I ever wrong! Go Tony Sparano!
Whats with linking us to a year old thread anyway?
Patsfan

Miami, FL

#243 Dec 13, 2008
The Niners will kill the Phins playoff dreams this sunday. After the Game Coach Singletary will pull his
pants down and show the Dolphins and their fans what they really are. Pats win the AFC east. Dolphins and their
fans are crap!
WIZZARD

United States

#244 Dec 13, 2008
["]The Niners will kill the Phins playoff dreams this sunday. After the Game Coach Singletary will pull his
pants down and show the Dolphins and their fans what they really are. Pats win the AFC east. Dolphins and their
fans are crap!QUOTE YOU NEW ENGLAND PIECE OF CRAP we beat the shittze out of you and you got the nerve to talk Please!!!
Patsfan

Miami, FL

#245 Dec 13, 2008
WIZZARD wrote:
["]The Niners will kill the Phins playoff dreams this sunday. After the Game Coach Singletary will pull his
fans are crap!QUOTE YOU NEW ENGLAND PIECE OF CRAP we beat the shittze out of you and you got the nerve to talk Please!!!
Hmmm. Last time I checked, the Phins got their asses handed to them by the Pats. Don't know what game you were watching

Flowery Branch, GA

#246 Dec 15, 2008
Patsfan wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm. Last time I checked, the Phins got their asses handed to them by the Pats. Don't know what game you were watching
Uhhhem, he was refering to game 3 in NEW ENGLAND, remember? Where the wildcat was introduced? And by the way? WHO controls thier own destiny right now? FINS or PATS???????? PATS need HELP!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Beck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Beck nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Natasha 1
The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
2012 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins and Cl... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Skins report 2
Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
Redskins-Dolphins best and worst (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hyman Seltzer 2
Colts Daily Links: Polian and 'rats,' Manning a... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Indy Starfarts 2
Promotion of Redskins' Beck means six new QBs c... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sappfarts 7

John Beck People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE