Lemon back starting at QB with 4-9 Ravens next

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Lemon aid, anyone? The desperation of the Dolphins' 0-13 season has convinced coach Cam Cameron to abandon grooming the quarterback of the franchise's future and turn the offense back to four-year veteran Cleo ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 238 Comments Last updated Dec 15, 2008
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

It's sooo sad how gulible people are. Here you have a team with zero talent and an owner who already dismantled two previous teams even after winning big.

That's the saddest part of all of this is you folks actually have something to compare things to and you still don't see the light. When he won the World Series, he still gutted the team the next year.

So, you folks have the real fortune of actually being able to compare his business dealings with the two other teams that he has owned and you STILL argue his case? You still say he is Mr. Big Spender? Why? Because he told you so? Because a brown nosing media guy won't let you on the real deal so you assume otherwise?

He doesn't even go to games unless they are cutting the ribbon to a new restaurant. Is it all the talent this team keeps and builds on? Is it Joey Porter and Trent Green? This team cut or let go half the team including the punter and gave you Trent Green and Joey Porter?

How does this ever compare to going to the AFC Championship game and then adding every awesome free agent out there when you already have Tom Brady and a well paid staff packed with talent?

The people that argue Wayne's case are one of three things:

Dumb
Misinformed and not knowing of all the facts
Friends of the basstard

That's it. Anyone with an ounce of common sense, takes a step back and says: Why are they always letting good players go. Why are they always the pits even with the best coaches in the business. Why are they doing everything the total opposite of how "win" hungry teams do it.

There has to be a point where you just give it the old common sense approach. This team has no talent. This team has no talent because they spend no money. Have you ever seen a business where the owner didn't control the money? Do you think we have as high as payroll as the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys and Steelers? Do you see the same caliber of talent? Start to think and stop being a talking head who knows nothing.

Think of it like this. You own a circus and Jeff Zgonia and David Bowens aren't big names. They might have juggled the shiit out of some balls but no one really knows or cares. Joey Porter on the other hand, people know he can juggle and will bring people to the show. That's what this is all about, bringing people to the show. It's the worst show in the league but they throw you a few big names to get you to the booth. That's all it is folks. Step right up cause you've been suckered.

My heart go's out to all of great coaches that have had to take the fall so the head clown could line his pockets.
greg

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

THATS TRUE EVEN WORSE THE MONKYS ARE RUNNING THE ZOO

“Miami sports fan living in Orl”

Since: Nov 07

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

cameron has taken a wounded bird and choked it out.
we have the worst head coach in the histroy of the NFL.
Rich Kotite
Wayne Fontes
nobody come close
few ppl (let alone coaches) could have taken a team thru an entire season and not won 1 game!
i rather have saban back
and have him backstab us again
at least we won more than 1 game
i rather have petrino
at least he realized that the job was too big for him.
anyone
i rather have my neighbor coach the team
nobody could have
or would have done
a worse job than cameron
every one of decisiones this yr has been wrong
he has not made 1 right decision!
fire him now wayne
u pineapple face idiot!
u r the disgrace of all the NFL owners
enjoy ur meetings w the owners
im sure they will do their best to not laugh in ur disgusting face !

Since: Dec 07

Los Olivos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Truth wrote:
It's sooo sad how gulible people are. Here you have a team with zero talent and an owner who already dismantled two previous teams even after winning big.
That's the saddest part of all of this is you folks actually have something to compare things to and you still don't see the light. When he won the World Series, he still gutted the team the next year.
So, you folks have the real fortune of actually being able to compare his business dealings with the two other teams that he has owned and you STILL argue his case? You still say he is Mr. Big Spender? Why? Because he told you so? Because a brown nosing media guy won't let you on the real deal so you assume otherwise?
He doesn't even go to games unless they are cutting the ribbon to a new restaurant. Is it all the talent this team keeps and builds on? Is it Joey Porter and Trent Green? This team cut or let go half the team including the punter and gave you Trent Green and Joey Porter?
How does this ever compare to going to the AFC Championship game and then adding every awesome free agent out there when you already have Tom Brady and a well paid staff packed with talent?
Dumb
Friends of the basstard
That's it. Anyone with an ounce of common sense, takes a step back and says: Why are they always letting good players go. Why are they always the pits even with the best coaches in the business. Why are they doing everything the total opposite of how "win" hungry teams do it.
There has to be a point where you just give it the old common sense approach. This team has no talent. This team has no talent because they spend no money. Have you ever seen a business where the owner didn't control the money? Do you think we have as high as payroll as the Patriots, Colts, Cowboys and Steelers? Do you see the same caliber of talent? Start to think and stop being a talking head who knows nothing.
Think of it like this. You own a circus and Jeff Zgonia and David Bowens aren't big names. They might have juggled the shiit out of some balls but no one really knows or cares. Joey Porter on the other hand, people know he can juggle and will bring people to the show. That's what this is all about, bringing people to the show. It's the worst show in the league but they throw you a few big names to get you to the booth. That's all it is folks. Step right up cause you've been suckered.
My heart go's out to all of great coaches that have had to take the fall so the head clown could line his pockets.
Being as how you're the first post of the forum, who exactly would "you folks" (as in "you folks actually have something to compare things to and you still don't see the light")?

Your "Wayne is cheap" diatribe was pretty much shot out of the water the last few days with the discovery that the dolphins cap number is in the top 3rd of the league. The coaching staff is one of the most expensive in football, and the practice bubble was a tidy investment.

Regarding the article (why I'm really posting), I noticed Keith Traylor is taking a "personal day".

Personally, I think he's too fat to move.
NoDepthExposed

Bethesda, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

What seemed to me a bit strange at the time may prove to be the fatal blow to the Dolphins chances to avoid the shame of a record setting un-victorious season.

When the Fins put Trent Green on IR, they opted not to sign another QB. With all the injuries we had, this was certainly understandable-but foolish. Bringing in a savy vet as a 3rd stringer would have given him the four games Lemon started and the four games Beck started with which to learn our offense. He would be ready to start for us against the Ravens.

As bad as the team has played as a whole, there were chances to win over the past 8 weeks but we didn't have the QB to get it done. I'm not talking about a pro-bowl guy... anybody with 8-10 years of experience reading defenses and with half an arm would have sufficed. A Dilfer-clone, if you will. Someone to manage the game, make the right reads, instill confidence in the younger players, and avoid the killer turnover.

Water under the bridge now. Either Lemon plays the game of his life at least once in the next three weeks, or the stinking shame and pungent humiliation will belong to us and history for all time. It was avoidable, and that makes it unforgivable.
plop

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

NoDepthExposed wrote:
What seemed to me a bit strange at the time may prove to be the fatal blow to the Dolphins chances to avoid the shame of a record setting un-victorious season.
When the Fins put Trent Green on IR, they opted not to sign another QB. With all the injuries we had, this was certainly understandable-but foolish. Bringing in a savy vet as a 3rd stringer would have given him the four games Lemon started and the four games Beck started with which to learn our offense. He would be ready to start for us against the Ravens.
As bad as the team has played as a whole, there were chances to win over the past 8 weeks but we didn't have the QB to get it done. I'm not talking about a pro-bowl guy... anybody with 8-10 years of experience reading defenses and with half an arm would have sufficed. A Dilfer-clone, if you will. Someone to manage the game, make the right reads, instill confidence in the younger players, and avoid the killer turnover.
Water under the bridge now. Either Lemon plays the game of his life at least once in the next three weeks, or the stinking shame and pungent humiliation will belong to us and history for all time. It was avoidable, and that makes it unforgivable.
this team has tried every dilfer clone since 1998 and guess what i am sick of it!
shisse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Hire Josh McDaniels from the Patriots. He is the next up and coming coach and we can dump Mueller and get Scott Pioli's second hand man for GM whoever that is. Its about time we started taking people back from the Patriots. Start w the coaches and have Uncle Wayne pay out the big bucks for a GM because we need to and Josh from the Pats should come cheap if he is good enough for our ahem "elite team". He knows all the Offensvie secrets if the Pats and is Bellichecks right hand man. Can Scam Cam and get this dude. Check out the interview with the link below, he sounds like someone we could use on our coaching staff. We would still need to hire a real GM for the team and whack stupid ass Mueller
http://www.patriots.com/mediacenter/index.cfm...
Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Would you please list your discovery evidence sir? Where are you getting your facts from? Common sense lead me to the USA Today NFL database that posts every players salary AND cap hit for every team in the league going back seven years and this shows the Miami Dolphins at the very bottom of the list everyone of those years, both, in total payroll when compared to other teams AND in cap space.

What evidence do you present that nullifies the USA Today filings and proves you are correct?

SAve your rhetoric for another day. If you wish to present facts, I'm all for it. If you are going to type 3 pages of fluff like I suspect you are, you are on your own. You made your statements, present your case.
jahndoh wrote:
<quoted text>
Being as how you're the first post of the forum, who exactly would "you folks" (as in "you folks actually have something to compare things to and you still don't see the light")?
Your "Wayne is cheap" diatribe was pretty much shot out of the water the last few days with the discovery that the dolphins cap number is in the top 3rd of the league. The coaching staff is one of the most expensive in football, and the practice bubble was a tidy investment.
Regarding the article (why I'm really posting), I noticed Keith Traylor is taking a "personal day".
Personally, I think he's too fat to move.
Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

FACTS
shisse

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2007

Sorry for my typos, I am not a total idiot.
Uncle Wayne should pay out the big bucks for a GM because we need to and Josh from the Pats should come cheap if he is good enough for our "ahem" elite team. He knows all the Offensive secrets of the Pats
Tired

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Truth
I agree 100% but enough is enough. Post something else PLEASE!!!! We all know you hate Wayne and dislike his practices, and believe me I do. I am just tired of seeing the same post day after day, article after article.
Here is an idea, support the guy, maybe he will spend the money, win a championship, dismantle the team and sell it to a owner we all could live with. Until then just live with it. We all do. History has proven this is what he does. Try it.
Prune Whip1

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Gentlemen Gentlemen

Let's all calmeth down.

1. Fire Cameron. He has proven that as far as a head coach is concerned he don't know squat.

2. I don't know--would you pull Beck for Cleo? Again--I know Beck isn't having a "year" but why pull him. Let him sink or swim. Who cares now? So were 0-16. We probably will be 0-16 with Cleo.

3. We traded everything to the Pats. See #'s 1 and 2. Good reason why we suck. Say hi to Wes Welker as he passes everyone in the league in receiving. The Dolphins really are a joke. We can say hi to plenty more who are elsewhere but now--it's past history.

4. Draft--Bring in Rookies. Lots of them.

5. Get real--Dump Porter. Dump Travis Green. Dump Crowder.
Dump Cameron first.

6. Resign, as fast as you can, Thomas and Taylor. I still can't think of any two better in the league. Can you? Don't feed me Ogunlyee and Urlacher. Keep the rest of the defensive backfield healthy next year--if that's possible.

7. Heck--let Beck finish the season. Who cares now (See above.) Cameron's a fool. Bring in anyone --even Wanstadt. Saban? Are you nuts!!

The Whip knows.
I HATE EVERYBODY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

LEMON IS THE BETTER QUARTERBACK HES BETTER THAN GREEN ALSO LET HIM GET A CHANCE TO GROW.26 YEAR OLD ROOKIE HA HA HA

Since: Jun 07

Rutledge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

I think the fins screwed up long ago, with JJ and WANNY trying to force feed the COWBOYS Identity on the Miami Dolphins. They BOTH took almost every thing about Dolphins football and make it into something it never was or could be. No more than the Cowboys could have the Patriots Identity, or the 49ers have the packers Identity. They screwed up not getting a good young QB in the draft PRIOR to Marino retiring, and the opnly guy they had that sat undr Marino for a year or so, they dumped off for Jay Fielder. So face it folks, this aint the dolphins anymore. It is like an expansion team, and THATS NOT CAMS fault. So lets let the past go accept what we are now, and at least see what they can do in the offseason to make this team better. As bad as it seems now, would you Rather have had the turmoil the FALCONS have had this season? AT leats SABAN coached the season out, and had CLASS enough to tell WAYNE face to face he was taking the ALABAMA Job! Oh, and MY BULLDOGSS whooped that BAMA Ass this last year too! THAT was SWEEEEEEEEEEET. They will also WHOOP ARKANSAWS ASS TOO!!!!!!!! They will BITCHSLAP Petrino AND Saban This year! Especially PETRINO!
Mac

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Who cares, except maybe the rest of the team. This season is a total wash. Even worse, the Heat and the Panthers stink. I can't wait for the start of baseball season so the Marlins can stink as well. What happened to franchises that wanted to win?
Lineman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Too bad we're still arguing about why this team is so bad. It's obvious when you look around the league at the teams that do and find ways to keep winning.

After reading some of the posts on this board, it's obvious that there are some who believe that it isn't any ones fault why the Dolphins can't or isn't able to produce a winning product.

Yeah, it all happens by osmosis. From the Head Coaches to the owner, Wayne H., it isn't anyone's fault or responsibility.

We should all lock arms together and sing kumbaya, just support this team, this franchise, keep buying season tickets, paying outrageous parking, concessions, just sit down and shut the fark up, have a coke and a smile because it ain't no ones fault.

0-13? Why bother complaining? Jeez. I shoulda known that.
Joe J

Hollywood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

This guy truth is an idiot or a liar. Miami is always capped out. Who does this guy think he's kidding?

“Beyond all comprehension”

Since: Dec 06

The Moon

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Truth wrote:
Dumb
Friends of the basstard
Ponderous.
Cecil Jones

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

I think ye doth protest too much! Who is the most motivated team in the league that is guaranteed to give their best effort over the rest of the season-Miami! This season has been a complete loss, but they haven't made history for all the wrong reasons yet. Wouldn't it be the biggest slap in the face for Miami to have the record for being undefeated and most defeated team? Cleo Lemon has some experience and he gives the city the best chance of not being the butt of jokes throughout history. You can't get any worse than "0 and 16." How many QB's will be looking for a new home next year? Who wouldn't love to play in Miami's weather? Until the season ends, Miami is "Moneyline!"
Lawrence Phillips

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2007

Hey guys, remember me? I've still got some juice in my legs. I'm just waiting for your call.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John Beck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Beck nude (Mar '13) Mar '13 Natasha 1
The Insider: Rebuilding begins with some growin... (Nov '07) Aug '12 Management 5
2012 NFL Mock Draft: Washington Redskins and Cl... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Skins report 2
Mike Shanahan Doesn't Doubt Return to the Washi... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Snyderfarts 2
Redskins-Dolphins best and worst (Nov '11) Nov '11 Hyman Seltzer 2
Colts Daily Links: Polian and 'rats,' Manning a... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Indy Starfarts 2
Promotion of Redskins' Beck means six new QBs c... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Sappfarts 7

Search the John Beck Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••