Atlanta Falcons making everyone forge...

Atlanta Falcons making everyone forget about Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino

There are 28 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Dec 6, 2008, titled Atlanta Falcons making everyone forget about Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Atlanta's Matt Ryan is having one of the best seasons for a rookie quarterback in NFL history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“MARRIAGE IS 1 MAN and 1 WOMAN”

Since: Nov 08

Chicago

#25 Jan 1, 2009
Norskejente wrote:
<quoted text>I've already seen it as I was the last to respond to what I thought about it. Great btw! I don't need to be convinced, just want to help make sure he never goes back to pro football.
Thank you and pass my video-cast forward.

EnochSpeaks

“Spay and neuter your pet”

Since: Jul 07

Burnt Hills

#26 Jan 1, 2009
EnochSpeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you and pass my video-cast forward.
EnochSpeaks
Absolutely!
Miss Vickers

Charlotte, NC

#27 Jan 1, 2009
Puhhhlease.
Cracklin Rose

Rockford, TN

#29 Jan 2, 2009

“speak out against animal abuse”

Since: Feb 08

Sarasota

#30 Jan 3, 2009
EnochSpeaks wrote:
More Bad News for Michael Vick;
Special master Stephen B. Burbank set down his ruling in the Michael Vick arbitration case. The ruling results were that the Atlanta Falcons will be able to attempt to recoup $20 million from Vick.
$20 million that Vick had received in different signing and roster bonuses. The Falcons were arguing that Vick had willfully violated his contract (i.e. was involved in an illegal activity) when he signed it in 2004.
Mr. Vick’s legal team used the same argument that worked in a previous ruling involving former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie.
In that ruling, it was determined that a team could not recover option bonuses or prorated shares of option bonuses. Many experts thought that since Vick had already played 3 years on his contract the Falcons would be unable to recoup the prorated portion of his signing bonus that he received each year.
Hover the ruling shows that the experts were “slightly off”(they were estimating a recovery of only about $3.5 million). I wish there was more to explain about Burbank’s ruling, but none of the major news sites seem to be reporting on the matter in any detail.
The news media are apparently, shrugging it off as “highly technical” and would be too much for the general public to understand.
The Falcons are allowed, under the ruling, to go after about $20 million dollars in roster bonus money that was given to Vick over the last three years.
The Falcons argued that the roster bonuses that Mr. Vick received were in fact signing bonuses and Burbank agreed with them, therefore any prorated portion of the bonuses would count against the Falcons in the future would be recoverable (i.e. the Falcons pay Vick a roster bonus in a lump sum during a particular year. The Falcons prorate that amount over X number of years in their salary cap dealings. If the Falcons chose to treat the roster bonus as a signing bonus, then, based on the fact that Vick is suspended indefinitely, he should have to pay the Falcons for the prorated portion of his roster bonus that will count against the Falcons in the preceding years of his contract).
Very soon, Michael Vick fans will be looking for donations to help keep their hero off wel-fare.(smile).
EnochSpeaks
Very nice
LAVONTAE

Greenville, MS

#31 Jan 21, 2009
THATS MESS UP DONT HE GOT MONEY TO BOND HISSELF OUT OF JAIL MICHEAL VICK WHEN U HET OUT CONTINUE TO KILL THEM DOGS HELL THEY ALREADY SORRY LOL..........

“Beyond Your Wildest Dreams”

the universe

#32 Jan 7, 2010
JenniferInSC wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it WAS pretty, LMAO--You are so wrong about so much HomeTeam, it's amazing that you continue to post here. What an idiot you must be!
well said

http://www.change.org/actions/view/petition_a...

“Beyond Your Wildest Dreams”

the universe

#33 Jan 9, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Abraham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Abraham nude (Jul '12) Jul '13 Vikas Chandel 3
News Falcons DE Abraham out with hip injury (Nov '11) May '13 Todd 9
News Umenyiora Headed to Atlanta, Manuel Thinks He's... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Drugs Are Bad MmmKay 1
News The Oakland Raiders shopping for free agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 2
News Jacquizz Rodgers stands to benefit as Atlanta F... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Lewis hasty 1
News Game time: Seahawks vs. Falcons kicks off (Jan '13) Jan '13 deb Rushing 1
News Feds arrest Bear in cocaine bust (Dec '11) Dec '11 Bong Jovi 3
More from around the web