Atlanta Falcons making everyone forget about Michael Vick and Bobby Petrino

Dec 6, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

Atlanta's Matt Ryan is having one of the best seasons for a rookie quarterback in NFL history.

Comments
1 - 20 of 28 Comments Last updated Jan 9, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Spay and neuter your pet”

Since: Jul 07

Burnt Hills

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

Loved the last sentence in this article. Let's hope the Falcons feel the same way and keep their new quarterback for a long time. YEA!!!!

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2008

YES! I am thrilled everytime they win now.

“Prosecute ALL Animal Abusers”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

What a FANTASTIC article--Love this "CHAREAN WILLIAMS", gonna write him/her an email after this post--

Favorite exerts:

"That’s what happens to a team with a rookie head coach, a rookie quarterback and a SORDID past. "

"Hand me some red-and-black pompons and move over, I’m jumping on this Falcons’ bandwagon. This team is not ready to contend for a Super Bowl title this year, but it won’t be long."

"Ryan already is better than Vick ever was, which has allowed the Falcons to put the Vick era in their past."

"And here’s the thing: This is a quarterback and a team that’s going to be good for a long time. Ryan is 23. Turner is 26. Receiver Roddy White is 27. Receiver Harry Douglas is 24. Receiver Michael Jenkins is 26. Defensive end Jamaal Anderson is 22. Cornerback Chris Houston is 24. Left tackle Sam Baker is 23. Defensive end John Abraham is only 30."

ABOUT TIME THE FALCONS GOT A BREAK--CONGRATS ARTHUR BLANK.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

OMG, how did I miss this exert:

"Michael who?"

I just wish they hadn't used Babineaux as a spokesperson here, because he has some issues with animal abuse himself. He killed his babies momma's pit bull when she broke up with him. He needs to play football and just STFU.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Another fantastic article-- Feels pretty good to be a Falcon fan right now!

http://www.ajc.com/opinion/content/printediti...
Hometeam

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

bazzboy wrote:
<quoted text>Well I always knew the Falcons sucked, then I was actually enjoying watching them win with Matt Ryan, but you HAVE to beat the teams in your division. The NFC South basement beat the Falcons today.
The Falcons can't beat the Saints defense. So what happens when they face a top ten defense? Oh, that's right, the Bucs and Eagles have already shown what happens. So now the Falcons have the Bucs and Vikings coming up...it won't be pretty.

“speak out against animal abuse”

Since: Feb 08

Sarasota

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

screw Vick
Hometeam

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

cujatorres wrote:
screw Vick
TMI! LOL

“STOP animal abuse”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

he's not coming back here.

“Beyond Your Wildest Dreams”

Since: Feb 08

the universe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

Judged:

Authur Blank
Rebecca

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 8, 2008

Judged:

My Gawd, you're so stupid. It;s very old news that Authur Blank said he's not coming back here.
Do you really think your race talk bothers any of us anymore? After being attacked by ghetto blacks for over a year,REALLY?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Hometeam wrote:
<quoted text>
The Falcons can't beat the Saints defense. So what happens when they face a top ten defense? Oh, that's right, the Bucs and Eagles have already shown what happens. So now the Falcons have the Bucs and Vikings coming up...it won't be pretty.
Yes, it WAS pretty, LMAO--You are so wrong about so much HomeTeam, it's amazing that you continue to post here. What an idiot you must be!

Burnt Hills

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

chris atkins wrote:
Once the man has done his time, how can we, as Americans tell him that he can ear a living in a manner that he choses. This is America and we dont get to stop someone from pursuing 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'. Im pretty sure that phrase was part of an important document in the founding of our great nation.
1. Is Michael Vick a good person....probably not.
2. Does he deserve to make millions of dollars....No but what sports star really does anyway..
3. Does he really have to continue to pay for the rest of his life for a crime considered by MANY people to be not very important......absolutely not.
4. Do YOU have the right to tell a man how he can earn a living....No, Never, not in OUR America.
That being said, sign this petition, and reinstate Michael Vick.
Sign this petition, reinstate Michael Vick
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/reinstate-mi ...
NOT!!!!!!!
Flute

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

chris atkins wrote:
Once the man has done his time, how can we, as Americans tell him that he can ear a living in a manner that he choses. This is America and we dont get to stop someone from pursuing 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness'. Im pretty sure that phrase was part of an important document in the founding of our great nation.
2. Does he deserve to make millions of dollars....No but what sports star really does anyway..
3. Does he really have to continue to pay for the rest of his life for a crime considered by MANY people to be not very important......absolutely not.
4. Do YOU have the right to tell a man how he can earn a living....No, Never, not in OUR America.
You are being an enormous public nuisance. How does if feel to be so useless and all?
Sweet Caroline

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/stop-NFL-fro...

please sign. It's doing quite well. HSUS asks for 100,000 signitures so please hep me circulate.thanks
Flute

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

chris atkins wrote:
Cris Atkins, Why are you working so hard on this issue? It is useless. You are wasting your time.

“MARRIAGE IS 1 MAN and 1 WOMAN”

Since: Nov 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

More Bad News for Michael Vick;

Special master Stephen B. Burbank set down his ruling in the Michael Vick arbitration case. The ruling results were that the Atlanta Falcons will be able to attempt to recoup $20 million from Vick.

$20 million that Vick had received in different signing and roster bonuses. The Falcons were arguing that Vick had willfully violated his contract (i.e. was involved in an illegal activity) when he signed it in 2004.

Mr. Vick’s legal team used the same argument that worked in a previous ruling involving former Broncos receiver Ashley Lelie.

In that ruling, it was determined that a team could not recover option bonuses or prorated shares of option bonuses. Many experts thought that since Vick had already played 3 years on his contract the Falcons would be unable to recoup the prorated portion of his signing bonus that he received each year.

Hover the ruling shows that the experts were “slightly off”(they were estimating a recovery of only about $3.5 million). I wish there was more to explain about Burbank’s ruling, but none of the major news sites seem to be reporting on the matter in any detail.

The news media are apparently, shrugging it off as “highly technical” and would be too much for the general public to understand.

The Falcons are allowed, under the ruling, to go after about $20 million dollars in roster bonus money that was given to Vick over the last three years.

The Falcons argued that the roster bonuses that Mr. Vick received were in fact signing bonuses and Burbank agreed with them, therefore any prorated portion of the bonuses would count against the Falcons in the future would be recoverable (i.e. the Falcons pay Vick a roster bonus in a lump sum during a particular year. The Falcons prorate that amount over X number of years in their salary cap dealings. If the Falcons chose to treat the roster bonus as a signing bonus, then, based on the fact that Vick is suspended indefinitely, he should have to pay the Falcons for the prorated portion of his roster bonus that will count against the Falcons in the preceding years of his contract).

Very soon, Michael Vick fans will be looking for donations to help keep their hero off wel-fare.(smile).

EnochSpeaks

Burnt Hills

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Enoch, Thanks for the info. You made my day:) After all that the NFL and the Falcons are doing to recoup their money it seems even more unlikely that Vick will be welcomed back. Hooray!!!!!!

“MARRIAGE IS 1 MAN and 1 WOMAN”

Since: Nov 08

Chicago

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Norskejente wrote:
Enoch, Thanks for the info. You made my day:) After all that the NFL and the Falcons are doing to recoup their money it seems even more unlikely that Vick will be welcomed back. Hooray!!!!!!
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/931477

Why Michael Vick should never return to professional football?

EnochSpeaks

Burnt Hills

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

EnochSpeaks wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/931477
Why Michael Vick should never return to professional football?
EnochSpeaks
I've already seen it as I was the last to respond to what I thought about it. Great btw! I don't need to be convinced, just want to help make sure he never goes back to pro football.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent John Abraham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John Abraham nude (Jul '12) Jul '13 Vikas Chandel 3
Falcons DE Abraham out with hip injury (Nov '11) May '13 Todd 9
Umenyiora Headed to Atlanta, Manuel Thinks He's... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Drugs Are Bad MmmKay 1
The Oakland Raiders shopping for free agents (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 2
Jacquizz Rodgers stands to benefit as Atlanta F... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Lewis hasty 1
Game time: Seahawks vs. Falcons kicks off (Jan '13) Jan '13 deb Rushing 1
Feds arrest Bear in cocaine bust (Dec '11) Dec '11 Bong Jovi 3

Search the John Abraham Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••