Taylor wants to be a Dolphin again, former teammates say

There are 5 comments on the Apr 2, 2009, South Florida Sun-Sentinel story titled Taylor wants to be a Dolphin again, former teammates say. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Channing Crowder can't help but put himself in General Manager Jeff Ireland's shoes these days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Dude

Homestead, FL

#1 Apr 2, 2009
Nice fantasy for fans and players, but I just can't see parcells bringing him back.
DolFan4Life

Tampa, FL

#2 Apr 2, 2009
So JT wants back now huh? What happens when he doesn't want to go to vols, or minim-camp, or when he wants to work on his upcoming TV/movie career?

Does anyone really believe that adding JT will get us closer to being a Superbowl contender in '09-'10? Let's keep the team young and hungry and see the results in the years to come.
Fang

United States

#3 Apr 2, 2009
DolFan4Life wrote:
So JT wants back now huh? What happens when he doesn't want to go to vols, or minim-camp, or when he wants to work on his upcoming TV/movie career?
Does anyone really believe that adding JT will get us closer to being a Superbowl contender in '09-'10? Let's keep the team young and hungry and see the results in the years to come.
My thoughts exactly. I also would like to work next to someone I like, who wouldn't ?
Yet it's hard for me to think of one reason to bring in a guy with diminishing skills and injuries last year. This appears no more than a bad idea to me.

I always wonder why people that get divorced remarry a few years later only to have the same results as the first time. Bringing back Taylor would be doing the same thing. Taylor is gone, it was a mutual choice why go back and tramp on a grave.
This

United States

#4 Apr 2, 2009
will only work if the local press remains quiet and doesn't make a big deal out of it. He has to be a small part of a big system...if it gets too much play, it will be a distraction.
Be a Distraction

AOL

#5 Apr 5, 2009
And there must be a Dancing with the Stars clause in the contract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joey Porter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tape of Joey Porter's fight with Jones released (Oct '07) Mar '12 Internet Bad grAss 18
Talk about Joey Porter (Mar '12) Mar '12 Internet Bad grAss 2
News 2011 Preview By The Numbers: Steelers @ Arizona... (Mar '11) Mar '11 stinky 1
News Players confused by NFL crackdown on hard hits (Oct '10) Oct '10 Go Blue 4
News Players confused, uncertain about future of spo... (Oct '10) Oct '10 triple6vamp 1
News Pats show Dolphins who is better (Nov '08) Oct '10 Bullfarts 16
News Pittsburgh Steelers: Top 10 Linebackers of All ... (Oct '10) Oct '10 mrpittsburgh 1
More from around the web