Browns' McCoy hard to overlook | The ...

Browns' McCoy hard to overlook | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 28 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Browns' McCoy hard to overlook | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Rookie quarterback Colt McCoy has won two straight games - beating Drew Brees and Tom Brady - and captured the hearts of Cleveland Browns fans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bays

Columbus, OH

#1 Nov 9, 2010
As a die hard Browns fan all of my life, trust and believe Mangini, the natives will riot if you do not stick with McCoy.
cmon now

Hilliard, OH

#2 Nov 9, 2010
Better stick with the kid. He's got a hot hand and woke my band wagon jumping ass up. Actually, I jumped back on last year when they showed heart and played hard and won their last 4 games in a lost season. That said a lot. McCoy says a lot. This is football! GO BROWNS!!!!!
Chark

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 9, 2010
Can Colt play for the Cavaliers too?
Buckyle

Newark, OH

#4 Nov 9, 2010
Hope he ends up in Miami playing for the Dolphins in a few years.
james

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Nov 9, 2010
the browns have found there quarterback.
holmy

Columbus, OH

#6 Nov 9, 2010
Where are all those Holmgren bashers now?
Steelcitytranspl ant

Columbus, OH

#7 Nov 9, 2010
holmy wrote:
Where are all those Holmgren bashers now?
Still here he has not proven anything yet, I will admit that the Browns are playing with heart and effort but this is a talent and coaching league and the jury is still out if the Browns have either. This is why Browns fans are hated across the country you win a couple of games and you want to print Super Bowl tickets slow down on Colt Mccoy, he is a leader and a great college QB but so was Paul Mcdonald and Tim Couch. As far as Holmgren goes great coach in Green Bay (Ron Wolf ran the team) Great coach in Seattle once they fired him as GM he has yet to prove his worth as an executive

yernogoood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#8 Nov 9, 2010
A nice big thank you to Peyton Hillis as well. When you can run the ball you can have a quarterback that will play great. Keep it as is..it appears to be a proven success thus far!!
Outstanding play Browns!!
MoJo Joe

Grove City, OH

#9 Nov 9, 2010
The Browns are playing inspired football with Colt at the helm. Let Colt play and let him learn! The Browns might not finish above 500 this year, but if they continue to play inspired/exciting football with Colt at QB, things will bode well for the near future.
TKG

Toledo, OH

#10 Nov 9, 2010
james wrote:
the browns have found there quarterback.
Too bad you can't seem to find an English teacher.
Brent

Dallas, TX

#11 Nov 9, 2010
We sure do miss Colt in Texas!!!
Chris

Columbus, OH

#12 Nov 9, 2010
Mangini is an idiot! This is the same crap he has done every year at the Browns’, well we don’t know who the starter is going to be? What a loser, this is how he ruined Quinn’s chance of being a good QB. Put the boy in the game and go with it.
holmy

Columbus, OH

#13 Nov 9, 2010
Steelcitytransplant wrote:
<quoted text>Still here he has not proven anything yet, I will admit that the Browns are playing with heart and effort but this is a talent and coaching league and the jury is still out if the Browns have either. This is why Browns fans are hated across the country you win a couple of games and you want to print Super Bowl tickets slow down on Colt Mccoy, he is a leader and a great college QB but so was Paul Mcdonald and Tim Couch. As far as Holmgren goes great coach in Green Bay (Ron Wolf ran the team) Great coach in Seattle once they fired him as GM he has yet to prove his worth as an executive
That is the stupidest bunch of nonsense ever. No wonder they kicked you out of Pittsburgh.
holmy

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 9, 2010
Chris wrote:
Mangini is an idiot! This is the same crap he has done every year at the Browns’, well we don’t know who the starter is going to be? What a loser, this is how he ruined Quinn’s chance of being a good QB. Put the boy in the game and go with it.
You must be related to Quinn. Nobody ruined Quinn; he's just a lousy QB.

yernogoood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#15 Nov 9, 2010
Chris wrote:
Mangini is an idiot! This is the same crap he has done every year at the Browns’, well we don’t know who the starter is going to be? What a loser, this is how he ruined Quinn’s chance of being a good QB. Put the boy in the game and go with it.
Well he may be an idiot but he orchestrated two great wins against two great teams that many teams in the NFL find very trying at best to play against. By calling him an idiot Im assuming you might have coached them to much greater wins against both teams and most likely with Brady and the Browns would be much better than their current 3 and 5. You need to make yourself known to the Browns front office because if that idiot Mangini does fail, I want you!

yernogoood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#16 Nov 9, 2010
Steelcitytransplant wrote:
<quoted text>Still here he has not proven anything yet, I will admit that the Browns are playing with heart and effort but this is a talent and coaching league and the jury is still out if the Browns have either. This is why Browns fans are hated across the country you win a couple of games and you want to print Super Bowl tickets slow down on Colt Mccoy, he is a leader and a great college QB but so was Paul Mcdonald and Tim Couch. As far as Holmgren goes great coach in Green Bay (Ron Wolf ran the team) Great coach in Seattle once they fired him as GM he has yet to prove his worth as an executive
Can you name for me one NFL teams fans that arent hated across the country? You try and sugarcoat saying some stupid things. I hope not everything in life is this black and white to you.
Cru Jones

Columbus, OH

#17 Nov 9, 2010
I can't believe I'm saying this but Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis are making me a Browns fan.

It will be an exciting next few years in Cleveland if they can avoid injuries. Not sure if that's possible the way Hillis runs.

AD had to tone down his running style, and he's still the best back in football.

yernogoood-

“Everyone knows that!!!”

Since: Jul 10

Tell me...Does it hurt much?

#18 Nov 9, 2010
Cru Jones wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying this but Colt McCoy and Peyton Hillis are making me a Browns fan.
It will be an exciting next few years in Cleveland if they can avoid injuries. Not sure if that's possible the way Hillis runs.
AD had to tone down his running style, and he's still the best back in football.
Well as a person that watches football and Im guessing you do, you know injury prone teams are those with no real protection on the line be that O or D. Build a tough line and watch the injuries dwindle. There is no doubt the Browns will finish this year at the least 9 and 7. Ill take the whacks if Im wrong so you might want to bookmark this forum. This isnt based on their current play, its based on their future play. The best is yet to come.
problem solver

Littleton, CO

#19 Nov 9, 2010
someone go ice up the driveways of Seneca Wallace and Jake Delhomme...problem solved! McCoy is the starter.
Steelcitytranspl ant

Columbus, OH

#20 Nov 9, 2010
holmy wrote:
<quoted text>That is the stupidest bunch of nonsense ever. No wonder they kicked you out of Pittsburgh.
cALL IT WHAT YOU WANT, BUT THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THE BROWNS LACK PHILOSOPHY, AND CORPORATE CULTURE THE STEELERS BASICALLY HAVE RUN THE SAME OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE PHILOSIPHIES FOR 40 YEARS, AND HAVE HAD 3 HEAD COACHES IN THAT TIME THE BROWNS HAVE HAD 5 IN THE 11 YEARS SINCE THEY CAME BACK TO THE NFL AND I AM BETTING NEXT YEAR WILL BE #6,THE STEELERS HAVE MADE THE PLAYOFFS WITH CLIFF STOUDT, MARK MALONE, BUBBY BRISTER,NEIL ODONNELL,MIKE TOMCZAK, KORDELL STEWART,AND TOMMY MADDOX AS QUARTEBACKS BY STICKING TO ONE BASIC PHILOSPHY, I MEAN WHO KNOWS WHO THE STEELERS GM IS? DID I MENTION 6 SUPER BOWL TITLES! I KNOW IT MUST BE FRUSTRATING BEING A BROWNS FAN BUT THE BEST THING THE BROWNS CAN DO IS MAKE HOLMGREN HEAD COACH AND BRING IN OZZIE NEWSOME TO RUN THE FOOTBALL OPERATIONS BECAUSE THE RAVENS ARE THE ONLY TEAM IN THE DIVISION THAT WILL EVER SCARE US STEELER FANS AND THEN MAYBE JUST MAYBE YOUR FRANCHISE WILL GET SOME CREDIBILITY! IN THE MEANTIME BE HAPPY WITH WITH YOUR 7-9 AND 8-8 SUCCESSES

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL OTAs: Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Bl... (May '14) May '14 Magnum Man II 5
News Chip Kelly's offense likely not a good fit for ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 se michigan brow... 2
News Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys And... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Joe Haden Takes on Aaron Rodgers in Madden 2013... (Mar '12) Mar '12 PersonDude 1
News Tucker has surgery on hip (May '08) Dec '11 Kris 6
News In defeat, Peyton Hillis provides Cleveland Bro... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony 1
News Mike Berardino: Is Brian Daboll the right man t... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Philine 1
More from around the web