Tradition rules, but there's new at f...

Tradition rules, but there's new at fair | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 23 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 28, 2010, titled Tradition rules, but there's new at fair | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Hannah Lehmphul of Athens tells a friend about winning the hunter hack event yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Abuse of Animals

Zanesville, OH

#1 Jul 28, 2010
My family will never attend the Ohio State Fair, because it is a showcase for animal abuse.

We really want to see a show there, but we would NEVER SUPPORT this senseless exploitation and abuse.
Death Head

Memphis, TN

#3 Jul 28, 2010
Abuse of Animals wrote:
My family will never attend the Ohio State Fair, because it is a showcase for animal abuse.
We really want to see a show there, but we would NEVER SUPPORT this senseless exploitation and abuse.
If you eat you kill other living things. Abuse is not there. I have seen abuse and senseless killing. If the fair is abuse then you best not have any pets or kids.
Buckwheat

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 28, 2010
Using butter to reduce childhood obesity? Only in Columbus.

Since: Dec 09

Columbus

#5 Jul 28, 2010
Dispatch editing comments as usual - where is #2 ?
XXX

Panama City Beach, FL

#6 Jul 28, 2010
The fair is chock-full of fat, sweaty, hairy, smelly, toothless, hillbillies.

No thanks!
Wait a minute

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 28, 2010
What ever happened to Bo-Bo the Clown at the Dunking Booth?

He was great - most insulting SOB you'd ever have the privilege to run across. He could whip people into such a fury, then get them to try to dunk him in the tank - rarely happened - people were so furious they couldn't hit the target!

Ahhhh, butter cows and Bo-Bo..........
Just sayin

Columbus, OH

#8 Jul 28, 2010
I'm breakin' out the "Daisy Duke's"! That and a #3 NASCAR shirt with the sleeves torn off!

Should I shave my back for the event?
Otto Lotto

Columbus, OH

#9 Jul 28, 2010
Stay classy, C-bus
Ummmm

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 28, 2010
Abuse of Animals wrote:
I agree 100%. It's time to call on the fair to abolish the following "attractions"

Butcher your own swine
Punch a sheep in the face
Feed a cow a hamburger
Play horse vet (complete with rifle)
See how many chickens you can stuff in a 2x2x2 cage
simple is as simple does

Mason, OH

#12 Jul 28, 2010
XXX wrote:
No thanks!
Amen brother, you all can keep it! Butter cows? LMAO!!!!!!
Sput

Ashtabula, OH

#13 Jul 28, 2010
Just sayin wrote:
I'm breakin' out the "Daisy Duke's"! That and a #3 NASCAR shirt with the sleeves torn off!
Forget the shirt, just shave the #3 onto your back.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#14 Jul 28, 2010
Just sayin wrote:
You`re not my mother are you? Lol. Kidding.
Buckeye Chuck

Columbus, OH

#15 Jul 28, 2010
XXX wrote:
No thanks!
Gov. Ted Strickland will only be there today. After he leaves it will return to normal.
Buckeye Chuck

Columbus, OH

#16 Jul 28, 2010
I hear next year they are proposing a life size statue made entirely out of bologna to honor former Gov. Ted Strickland. It will be so life like you wont be able to tell one from the other.
Topper

Columbus, OH

#17 Jul 28, 2010
Love the Fair.........
The Band and Choir..
Plenty of FREE shows of all kind...
ODNR area..........
FOOD - FOOD - FOOD......
Enough free pens & pencils for the coming school year.......
And did I mention the FOOD !!!!!
TeeEmUp

Columbus, OH

#18 Jul 28, 2010
Buckwheat wrote:
Using butter to reduce childhood obesity? Only in Columbus.
Don't forget the world's largest bag of potato chips! I think that it's near the butter cow display. And, if I recall, there's free ice cream at the butter cow display. By the way, what's a fair without fair food? I'm talking about deep fried cheese, elephant ears, funnel cakes, and cotton candy, gyros, smoked turkey legs, corn on the cob loaded with butter, etc. NOT fat free tofu and fresh vegetables (unless you're planning to deep fry them).
Topper

Columbus, OH

#19 Jul 28, 2010
And you get to watch all those cowgirls ride them horses around....Bouncy, Bouncy, Bounce !!!!!!
YeahYeahYeah

New York, NY

#20 Jul 28, 2010
The fair doesnt seem as fun as it once was. They even shortned the days. I havent been since I was 18 and I have never taken my daughter.
simple is as simple does

Mason, OH

#21 Jul 28, 2010
Topper wrote:
And you get to watch all those cowgirls ride them horses around....Bouncy, Bouncy, Bounce !!!!!!
I love the bouncy bounce shows!!! Next year they should go topless!!!!!
sam

United States

#22 Jul 28, 2010
XXX wrote:
No thanks!
and dont forget the gangs of yardapes that live it that toilet neighborhood

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL OTAs: Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Bl... (May '14) May '14 Magnum Man II 5
News Chip Kelly's offense likely not a good fit for ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 se michigan brow... 2
News Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys And... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Joe Haden Takes on Aaron Rodgers in Madden 2013... (Mar '12) Mar '12 PersonDude 1
News Tucker has surgery on hip (May '08) Dec '11 Kris 6
News In defeat, Peyton Hillis provides Cleveland Bro... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony 1
News Mike Berardino: Is Brian Daboll the right man t... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Philine 1
More from around the web