Two Browns named to Pro Bowl

There are 15 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Two Browns named to Pro Bowl. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Wide receiver Braylon Edwards and returner Josh Cribbs were named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday, more proof of the Browns' return to prominence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
go brownies

United States

#23 Dec 19, 2007
nobody here cares about the steelers, why can't you steeler fan's get in through your heads

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#24 Dec 19, 2007
go brownies wrote:
<quoted text> anderson will be here next year. book it. unless somebody give's a 1 and 3 round pick for him. and i don't see that happening. the pro bowl is nothing more than nfl politics at there best. faneca. how many sacks has your team given up. not one lineman from your team should be in the pro bowl. sorry. but their voting off of rep's. and that's not the point. i just have won question for the "greatest fan's" ha. in the nfl. why was your stadium clearing out in the middle of the 3rd quater? i went to are game on sunday and the game was full to capacity some seats were empty 3000 to 4000, but a lot a people were getting warm in the walkway's. you guy's can't hold are jock's. and don't give me that line that you travel so good the fact is those fan's live in that city. i guess 15,000 browns fans went to arizona this year. sure. you people are comical, just the way you think your team is good. a lot of good that so called #1 defense has did you the last couple of week's. shit, we would of beat you the second game if they didn't go to a prevent defense. see you in a couple of week's
Shoulda, woulda, coulda!
skidrow wilson

United States

#25 Dec 19, 2007
Bill in Cranberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Shoulda, woulda, coulda!
...sounds like the Steelahs after they got that big ole fashioned New England boot up their ass...

Since: Mar 07

NE Ohio

#27 Dec 20, 2007
Congrats to the two Browns players who made it--they're both awesome athletes. I agree that you should've had at least two more who should've gotten the nod...

I also agree that Alan, Willie, and Troy should not've been chosen--there are others more deserving. While Willie has the most rushing yards, he also have by far the most carries, so it only goes to reason he'd have more. Troy hasn't played much, and when he has played, it hasn't exactly been stellar. I think Alan's playing more not to get hurt than to play at a top level. He also could be showing his age...

I don't agree that Ben shouldn't have been voted in. He has the 3rd highest QB rating in the AFC. Over 101 rating, 66.7% completion, 29 TD passes, possibly the most rushing yards for a QB and one or two he took into the endzone himself... so there was no "favoritism" there, he earned this. This is a career year for him, and that's what the pro-bowl is supposed to be about--individual effort, just like Josh and Braylon.
hdawg

Mamaroneck, NY

#28 Dec 20, 2007
Yeah, I don't agree with Polomalu making the Pro Bowl. However, both Willie Parker and Ben Roethlisberger deserve to be there. Who cares if Parker has more carries than anybody, that just shows his durability. Big Ben is better than DA in every QB statistic, and he's beaten the Browns twice. DA had a shot to beat the Steelers, but he couldn't manufacture any offense in the 2nd half. If Cleveland comes back to win that game, maybe DA is in the Pro Bowl.

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#29 Dec 20, 2007
I love Braylon Edwards. He is a class act on an off the field. Cribs is excitement. I enjoy watching him.
Polamalu was voted in because of Respect! He's the best at his position...Players and knowing fans alike know this.
Faneca ? The Steelers O line sure sucks this year, but I have read that this is because Faneca has had to help the new center Sean Mahan.
Ben has definitely earned his spot!
Harrison is also having a career year.
Parker...How can his yardage be ignored? Imagine where he would be if the O line was just a hair above average.

NE Ohio

#30 Dec 20, 2007
hdawg wrote:
...Who cares if Parker has more carries than anybody, that just shows his durability. Big Ben is better than DA in every QB statistic, and he's beaten the Browns twice....
Willie definitely is durable. I read that he already has 320 carries, and he's probably only run OOB on only about 20 (or so) of those, so he's probably been hit at least 300 times. I can't even imagine the beating that his body has taken...it's just that some people don't feel that he should've gotten in because of how it's happened.

I can see both sides of the disagreement, and each side has their own point. But yes--Big Ben deserves this, no question.
Steelersrule

Butler, PA

#32 Dec 20, 2007
I also think that farrior should be considered. he is awesome.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#33 Dec 20, 2007
Casey Hampton should make the pro bowl he is the best nose tackle in the league.
go brownies

Cleveland, OH

#34 Dec 20, 2007
what part of "no one cares about the steelers in here" don't you get. this article was in an akron paper not a p.a paper. leave trolls
go brownies

Cleveland, OH

#35 Dec 20, 2007
this is why no one can stand steeler fan's, you don't get the hint, until someone knock's you out. christ just leave. stop trolling go to a steeler forum. and joe thomas, kellen winslow, steibach, should be in, but there not. within one year the day's of you beating us is done. so you beat up on a team that was pretty much a joke for 7 yrs. whoppie do. thats something to be pround of. typical steeler fan bully people you know you can beat, but when someone squares up with you and knocks you out.:jags,patriots" your run with your tail between your legs and make up excuses.
Slick McSteel

Slippery Rock, PA

#36 Dec 20, 2007
go brownies wrote:
what part of "no one cares about the steelers in here" don't you get. this article was in an akron paper not a p.a paper. leave trolls
this is also posted in the steelers forum buddy, we are not trolling the browns forum.

NE Ohio

#37 Dec 20, 2007
Slick McSteel wrote:
<quoted text>
this is also posted in the steelers forum buddy, we are not trolling the browns forum.
That's what I was just going to say. This is the link I'm reading this at:
http://www.topix.com/forum/nfl/pittsburgh-ste...

Not hard to see "pittsburgh-steelers " there in the link. If we Steeler fans didn't realize what was going on, we could say that it's the Browns fans trolling in "our" forum lol
BobRoberts

Butler, PA

#38 Dec 21, 2007
Slick McSteel wrote:
<quoted text>
What's up Slick? Some people just don't realize how these web-sites work. How ABOUT those Steelers?? Playoffs here we come. LET'S GO BLACK AND GOLD!!!
Emma

Cleveland, OH

#39 Dec 21, 2007
It is nice to read about a more postive story in the newspaper.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL OTAs: Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Bl... (May '14) May '14 Magnum Man II 5
News Chip Kelly's offense likely not a good fit for ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 se michigan brow... 2
News Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys And... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Joe Haden Takes on Aaron Rodgers in Madden 2013... (Mar '12) Mar '12 PersonDude 1
News Tucker has surgery on hip (May '08) Dec '11 Kris 6
News In defeat, Peyton Hillis provides Cleveland Bro... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony 1
News Mike Berardino: Is Brian Daboll the right man t... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Philine 1
More from around the web