Two Browns named to Pro Bowl

Two Browns named to Pro Bowl

There are 35 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Dec 18, 2007, titled Two Browns named to Pro Bowl. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Wide receiver Braylon Edwards and returner Josh Cribbs were named to the Pro Bowl on Tuesday, more proof of the Browns' return to prominence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

Hudson

#1 Dec 18, 2007
Congratulations to both Braylon and Josh. They're both very deserving. Now go kick Cincinnati's butt.

Go Browns!!!!!!!!!!
cherella

Strongsville, OH

#2 Dec 18, 2007
HERE WE GO, BROWNIES! HERE WE GO!
Justice Man

Canton, OH

#3 Dec 18, 2007
Dave M wrote:
Congratulations to both Braylon and Josh. They're both very deserving. Now go kick Cincinnati's butt.
Go Browns!!!!!!!!!!
Better yet, Congrats to the five STEELERS for making the Pro Bowl:

Tony Polamalu
James Harrison
Willie Parker
Ben Roethlisberger
Alan Faneca

Great season guys. On to the playoffs.

GO STEELERS !!!

“Caveat Emptor”

Since: Dec 07

United States

#4 Dec 18, 2007
I like the BROWNS.

Most people don't know this, but the very first player on the BROWNS was JESUS. They retired his number, which was 2. The HOLY GHOST was #3. He was a cornerback, and he was GOOD.

Go BROWNS!

Since: Oct 07

Battle Creek, MI

#5 Dec 18, 2007
Justice Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Polamalu
James Harrison
Willie Parker
Ben Roethlisberger
Alan Faneca
GO STEELERS !!!
What this says to me is that the crappy Steelers have to have 3 extra pro-bowlers to have the same record as the Browns.

Just wait until Sunday when St. Louis hands you loss number 6, and you will have to scrap for a playoff spot while the Browns win the North!

“Steelers Forever”

Since: Dec 07

Cranberry Township PA

#6 Dec 18, 2007
Congrats to Edwards & Cribs...I'm a fan!!! BOL in your respective careers.

Congrats to Ben, J Harrison, FWP, AF, & Troy!!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!! HERE WE GO!!!
Marilyn Thompson

United States

#7 Dec 18, 2007
My congratulations to the Browns. As a Kent State student, I am really excited about Joshua Cribbs. The Browns bring so much excitement to this area. Go Browns!
Frank Minnefield

Magnolia, OH

#8 Dec 18, 2007
Congratulations to Josh Cribbs!! He makes Kent State proud. He's a threat every time he touches the ball. He is also the reason that the Browns usually have good field position and have had it all year. Way to go Cribbs! I think he's going to return one all the way against Cincinnati this week.
Frank Minnefield

Magnolia, OH

#9 Dec 18, 2007
Justice Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Polamalu
James Harrison
Willie Parker
Ben Roethlisberger
Alan Faneca
GO STEELERS !!!
who cares about the stupid Steelers? Cheaters! Dirty players!
Congratulations to Josh Cribbs and to Braylon Edwards! Go Browns! Beat the stinking Bengals. Way to go Browns!

“Serenity Now!”

Since: May 07

York Township, OH

#10 Dec 18, 2007
It's nice that we finally got a couple guys in there.....but we probably deserved to have at least two more -- Eric Steinbach and Kellen Winslow. If you look at the guards and the tight ends that were named, it seems as if the voters went with the same old names once again.

As far as the Steelers go, Big Ben over Derek Anderson is a stretch. And Willie Parker.....if this was a Fantasy Pro Bowl, he'd never make it. That guy ruined my season.....what a complete bust of a 1st-round pick. Plus, from an NFL perspective, you could make a case for Jamal Lewis or Fred Taylor over him.
A Saint I Aint

Charlotte, MI

#11 Dec 18, 2007
The TRUTH in Ohio wrote:
I like the BROWNS.
Most people don't know this, but the very first player on the BROWNS was JESUS. They retired his number, which was 2. The HOLY GHOST was #3. He was a cornerback, and he was GOOD.
Go BROWNS!
You're a friggin' tard.
Frank Minniefield

Magnolia, OH

#12 Dec 18, 2007
Congratulations to our Cleveland Browns for a great season so far. Special congratulations to Josh Cribbs and to Braylon Edwards! Also congratulations to the other Browns that made second and third team. Way to go Browns! Great job against Buffalo. Finish it this week against our hated Cincinnati Bengals!! Way to go Browns way to go Browns!
Justice Man

Canton, OH

#13 Dec 18, 2007
Brittle Fingers wrote:
It's nice that we finally got a couple guys in there.....but we probably deserved to have at least two more -- Eric Steinbach and Kellen Winslow. If you look at the guards and the tight ends that were named, it seems as if the voters went with the same old names once again.
As far as the Steelers go, Big Ben over Derek Anderson is a stretch. And Willie Parker.....if this was a Fantasy Pro Bowl, he'd never make it. That guy ruined my season.....what a complete bust of a 1st-round pick. Plus, from an NFL perspective, you could make a case for Jamal Lewis or Fred Taylor over him.
Big Ben is the best. Anderson's time will come when he QB's for the Jets, Dolfins, or whoever needs a good QB when the Browns don't sign him to a long term contract at the end of this season because Brady has to play.
OMG

Canton, OH

#14 Dec 18, 2007
Justice Man wrote:
<quoted text>Big Ben is the best. Anderson's time will come when he QB's for the Jets, Dolfins, or whoever needs a good QB when the Browns don't sign him to a long term contract at the end of this season because Brady has to play.
You said it right Justice Man.
Forreal

Akron, OH

#15 Dec 18, 2007
Frank Minnefield wrote:
Congratulations to Josh Cribbs!! He makes Kent State proud. He's a threat every time he touches the ball. He is also the reason that the Browns usually have good field position and have had it all year. Way to go Cribbs! I think he's going to return one all the way against Cincinnati this week.
Dude, it's a TEAM effort
Jon

Mansfield, OH

#16 Dec 18, 2007
Out of the 5 Steelers going to the Pro Bowl, only Harrison truly deserved it. The Pro Bowl is purely a popularity contest, which is why teams that see the most TV time always have an insane number of players going (see the Cowboys with 11).
kevin in akron

Salem, OH

#17 Dec 18, 2007
Justice Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Tony Polamalu
James Harrison
Willie Parker
Ben Roethlisberger
Alan Faneca
GO STEELERS !!!
why is polamalu making the pro bowl? he hasnt played half the season and when he has he didnt do much. pool or jones have contributed more then polamalu.
the browns oline got shafted. thomas or stienbach should be going and not as alternates.
Tori Sykes

Roe, AR

#18 Dec 18, 2007
Congrats Josh, not only did you do Cleveland proud, you also did your family proud. We love you and are behind you all the way!

Since: Oct 07

Canton, OH

#20 Dec 19, 2007
Justice Man wrote:
Tony Polamalu
James Harrison
Willie Parker
Ben Roethlisberger
Alan Faneca
GO STEELERS !!!
Who the hell is Tony Polamalu? I've heard of TROY POLAMALU, but not Tony. Seems like you don't even know the names of your own players. Nice...real nice!
go brownies

United States

#22 Dec 19, 2007
Justice Man wrote:
<quoted text>Big Ben is the best. Anderson's time will come when he QB's for the Jets, Dolfins, or whoever needs a good QB when the Browns don't sign him to a long term contract at the end of this season because Brady has to play.
anderson will be here next year. book it. unless somebody give's a 1 and 3 round pick for him. and i don't see that happening. the pro bowl is nothing more than nfl politics at there best. faneca. how many sacks has your team given up. not one lineman from your team should be in the pro bowl. sorry. but their voting off of rep's. and that's not the point. i just have won question for the "greatest fan's" ha. in the nfl. why was your stadium clearing out in the middle of the 3rd quater? i went to are game on sunday and the game was full to capacity some seats were empty 3000 to 4000, but a lot a people were getting warm in the walkway's. you guy's can't hold are jock's. and don't give me that line that you travel so good the fact is those fan's live in that city. i guess 15,000 browns fans went to arizona this year. sure. you people are comical, just the way you think your team is good. a lot of good that so called #1 defense has did you the last couple of week's. shit, we would of beat you the second game if they didn't go to a prevent defense. see you in a couple of week's

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL OTAs: Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Bl... (May '14) May '14 Magnum Man II 5
News Chip Kelly's offense likely not a good fit for ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 se michigan brow... 2
News Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys And... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Joe Haden Takes on Aaron Rodgers in Madden 2013... (Mar '12) Mar '12 PersonDude 1
News Tucker has surgery on hip (May '08) Dec '11 Kris 6
News In defeat, Peyton Hillis provides Cleveland Bro... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony 1
News Mike Berardino: Is Brian Daboll the right man t... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Philine 1
More from around the web