Bennington firefighter charged in ars...

Bennington firefighter charged in arson case

There are 11 comments on the North Adams Transcript story from Mar 3, 2010, titled Bennington firefighter charged in arson case. In it, North Adams Transcript reports that:

Police say a local firefighter charged with arson told them he set fire to his wife's home to collect insurance money to pay for surgery that would allow her to become pregnant.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Adams Transcript.

in awe

Middlefield, MA

#1 Mar 4, 2010
I think it is HORRIBLE that this article actually describes, in detail, how to start a fire that initially went undetected as arson! It would have been sufficient to say that the fires were started by suspicious means. But, I am MORE appalled that any person would intentionally start their own home on fire for a profit and take the chances of injuring firefighters who risk their lives fighting those fires. And then to find out that the FELONIOUS FIREBUG is one of their own is an OUTRAGE! I hope that every one of the men and women who worked with this "Con-man Captain" takes the time to let him know that he is a selfish person who put his own selfish desires above the lives of his own "brothers" and "sisters" on the fire department!
Logo

Cranberry Twp, PA

#2 Mar 4, 2010
Felonious Firebug?
unbelievable

Gansevoort, NY

#4 Mar 4, 2010
and if you only knew this family, hey have 5 kids already and the state and us tax payers have supported them from day one, the mother has a learning disability and gets assistance for that as well as for her children for varying levels of difficulty's. This is a woman living with her husband and boyfriend at that, what a wonderful environment for kids, let alone the BS that goes on around those kids. Unbelievable!!!
We didnt start the fire

United States

#5 Mar 4, 2010
Does Bennington have a volunteer fire department?
ends just the means

Williamstown, MA

#6 Mar 4, 2010
whats wrong with getting pregnant to have a child when so many are had and on welfare and poor doin drugs and lottery and drinking
Vermonts brightest

Williamstown, MA

#7 Mar 4, 2010
How stupid is this guy? He's a Captain in the fire dept? I hope he isn't the smartest one there! He gets away with arson and nets $40k. But, then he goes back to the house and tries to burn it again for another insurance claim?

This guy ought to get life just for being so dumb.
Ettienne

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2010
just thinking...if anyone was wondering how deep the shallow end of the gene pool was...check out the pix of the now infamous captain and the accompany story byline. LOL
Also, help me out here...did I understand correctly...his wife (now infertile) is also his sister's sister, who is the first cousin to his brother's wife? Might be the water in Pownal...:)
in awe

Granby, MA

#9 Mar 5, 2010
Logo wrote:
Felonious Firebug?
fe·lo·ni·ous
–adjective
1.Law. pertaining to, of the nature of, or involving a felony: felonious homicide; felonious intent.
2.wicked; base; villainous.

fire·bug
–nounInformal.
arsonist; incendiary; pyromaniac.
Bill

Westerly, RI

#10 Mar 5, 2010
Geniuses!
omg

Springfield, MA

#11 Mar 7, 2010
unbelievable wrote:
and if you only knew this family, hey have 5 kids already and the state and us tax payers have supported them from day one, the mother has a learning disability and gets assistance for that as well as for her children for varying levels of difficulty's. This is a woman living with her husband and boyfriend at that, what a wonderful environment for kids, let alone the BS that goes on around those kids.What
What are you talking about? sure you have the right post! just because someone has a learning disability does not mean they are a bad mom she did not start the fire.Talk about slow your not the brightest. sweep your own porch
a defensible position

Williamstown, MA

#12 Mar 7, 2010
maybe she never learned that firemen can get killed responding to alarms. maybe she never leartned that its wrong to screw the insurance company. i would cut her some slack. she is a diagnosed retard after all.

that guy must be real proud doing a retard. can she even consent.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Thomas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL OTAs: Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Manziel, Bl... (May '14) May '14 Magnum Man II 5
News Chip Kelly's offense likely not a good fit for ... (Jan '13) Jan '13 se michigan brow... 2
News Odd Facts You Didn't Know About The Cowboys And... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Joe Haden Takes on Aaron Rodgers in Madden 2013... (Mar '12) Mar '12 PersonDude 1
News Tucker has surgery on hip (May '08) Dec '11 Kris 6
News In defeat, Peyton Hillis provides Cleveland Bro... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Tony 1
News Mike Berardino: Is Brian Daboll the right man t... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Philine 1
More from around the web