COLLEGE FOOTBALL COLUMN: Trojans on t...

COLLEGE FOOTBALL COLUMN: Trojans on target for title game

There are 7 comments on the Pasadena Star-News story from Sep 13, 2009, titled COLLEGE FOOTBALL COLUMN: Trojans on target for title game. In it, Pasadena Star-News reports that:

The Tournament of Roses Association had to be smiling Sunday. The second week of the college football season produced a result it had be be happy with.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pasadena Star-News.

terry

Columbia, SC

#1 Sep 14, 2009
again the speculation here is almost comical! for one thing i like history and history establishes patterns. the so called mighty GATORS have never i said NEVER HAD A undeafeated season. this year will be no different with 1 possibly 2 losses coming to the gators. i like the fact that no one is giving my vols a snowball chance in hell to win this weekend, we would love to knock them from their mighty perch and restore some dignity back to UT football. ITS SURELY POSSIBLE just ask ole miss and auburn and lsu that have all done it the last three years. i also think that usc will stumble as well as will texas. its just so hard to go undefeated and if you do then thier is no guarantee you will paly for the national tilte. just ask auburn that went 13-0 and still got shut out by the bsc. that just isnt right!!!!!!!! but the gators lose a game both year and still get to play for the national title. that isnt right either. WE NEED A PLAY OFF SYSTEM!!!
LJW

Dallas, TX

#2 Sep 14, 2009
UNBELIEVABLE!!! The absolute ARROGANCE of you SoCal people is surprisingly still amazing! After 2 weeks, you think the road to the National Championship is suddenly clear, because you happened to squeak out a 3-point victory against a truly mediocre OSU team? I think, as you said, the last 3 years have proven that you can almost count on the Trojanettes to lose to some pathetic pansy Pac-10 team! How about we wait 'til the Girls from Troy beat someone from this joke of a conference before stating such asinine comments!
Tom R

Lake Oswego, OR

#3 Sep 14, 2009
The Gators don't deserve a ranking until they actually decide to play someone, instead of doling out weekend $ gifts to unranked punching bag opponents. Really though, it's high time we stop arbitrarily placing teams in rankings, then ending the year with the B*S farce. Fans, let's get the best teams together at the end of the year to actually play for a championship... join up the movement at http://www.collegefootballplayoff.org
Pete Carroll

Los Angeles, CA

#4 Sep 14, 2009
LJW wrote:
UNBELIEVABLE!!! The absolute ARROGANCE of you SoCal people is surprisingly still amazing!
I'd love to see a rematch of USC vs Texas in the Rose Bowl, but it ain't gonna happen. Texas will drop off the map in a month. Mark my words...
Texasll kick your Butts

Wilmington, OH

#5 Sep 14, 2009
You guys don't want any of this! You think OSU was tough wait till Hook Em Horns face off against you. Texas #1!!!!!!!!!1
JR Salazar

Long Beach, CA

#6 Sep 15, 2009
Too soon to say. But it looks better for us. I want us to take The Quizz Show off the air.
Tdd

AOL

#7 Sep 16, 2009
I'm against a playoff system because I'm from Dixie where we have the SEC pretty much owning the BCS system. Win the SEC and sashay right into the title game. It doesn't matter how many losses happened during the regular season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe McKnight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs special teams working for more happy ret... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Winter weather threat to New Jersey Super Bowl?... (Feb '13) Jan '14 Darkness Falls 2
News Raiders work out former top pick Jamaal Anderso... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Haleys Commet 2
News Jets' McKnight carted to locker room after fall (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets planned to use Tim Tebow as runni... (Jan '13) Jul '13 Toby 13
News New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Mike Goodson (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Smith Exit Hastened Tannenbaum'... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Benched Press 4