PAINTER: USC's fortunes go south by N...

PAINTER: USC's fortunes go south by Northwest again

There are 24 comments on the LA Daily News story from Sep 20, 2009, titled PAINTER: USC's fortunes go south by Northwest again. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

We've come to expect a bad USC football loss every year. It's a given every season when the Trojans travel up north that they'll lose a game they have no business losing, yet they've won the past seven Pac-10 titles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
used Trojan

Darrow, LA

#22 Sep 21, 2009
gotta love those huskies!
DC in LA

Torrance, CA

#23 Sep 22, 2009
The scary thing is that SC does this every year... lose to a nobody, and then goes and dominates the rest of the season.

Pete Carrol said as much in the post game interview.

SC has the raw talent to do it again, arguably the best in the PAC-10, however, I think their coaching talent has waned considerably over the years, and its beginning to show, although I don't think Pete thinks so.

I'm hoping that Pete Carrol therefore gets a little too complacent, and gets handed a couple more "L".

Go Bruins
BYU 59-0

San Diego, CA

#24 Sep 23, 2009
I remember all those on here question Carroll's pick of Barkley, and look how Corp turned out.

USC lost to the now #24 team, on the road, and with their 2 most important players out (on top of the other injuries). Injuries are no excuse, but no team is the same with that many starters out.

USC was overrated at #3 (I said they were overrated to start the season). But all you haters are ridiculous.

I guess having the baby blue pansies not even being bowl eligible has left some pent up anger.

manhattan_beach_ dude

“Go BRUINS ”

Since: Jan 09

Manhattan Beach CA

#25 Sep 23, 2009
BYU 59-0 wrote:
I remember all those on here question Carroll's pick of Barkley, and look how Corp turned out.
USC lost to the now #24 team, on the road, and with their 2 most important players out (on top of the other injuries). Injuries are no excuse, but no team is the same with that many starters out.
USC was overrated at #3 (I said they were overrated to start the season). But all you haters are ridiculous.
I guess having the baby blue pansies not even being bowl eligible has left some pent up anger.
Ya and BYU's season's over, live in the past loser.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe McKnight Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Chiefs special teams working for more happy ret... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Winter weather threat to New Jersey Super Bowl?... (Feb '13) Jan '14 Darkness Falls 2
News Raiders work out former top pick Jamaal Anderso... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Haleys Commet 2
News Jets' McKnight carted to locker room after fall (Aug '13) Aug '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets planned to use Tim Tebow as runni... (Jan '13) Jul '13 Toby 13
News New York Jets - An In-Depth Look at Mike Goodson (Apr '13) Apr '13 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News New York Jets - Smith Exit Hastened Tannenbaum'... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Benched Press 4
More from around the web